Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:54:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawing bitcoins.  (Read 625 times)
xxsinxx (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:44:04 AM

I need to withdraw about $5,000 USD worth of bitcoins. I would prefer to do this directly to my bank account as I would assume this would incur the lowest fees. Does anyone have any experience withdrawing from MTgox to dwolla or xmlgold.eu to bank wire? Should I break it up into smaller $1,500 payments? Any help would be appreciated.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 05:51:01 AM

I use coinbase to withdraw.  Takes about two days to move to your bank account.  I think you should be able to sell 50 BTC pretty easily.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:09:57 PM

I need to withdraw about $5,000 USD worth of bitcoins. I would prefer to do this directly to my bank account as I would assume this would incur the lowest fees. Does anyone have any experience withdrawing from MTgox to dwolla or xmlgold.eu to bank wire? Should I break it up into smaller $1,500 payments? Any help would be appreciated.

Where are you located?

Send the bitcoins to me (or we can have a mutually trusted third party hold them), and I'll deposit cash into your account.  Faster, cheaper, and easier than trying to cash out through MtGox.
xxsinxx (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:40:12 PM

I use coinbase to withdraw.  Takes about two days to move to your bank account.  I think you should be able to sell 50 BTC pretty easily.

Thanks, I'll check coinbase out. Any idea why thy seem to have so many negative reviews with their wallet service? Have you had good experiences with their tech support?
drewsalas1

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:42:37 PM

Where are you located?

Send the bitcoins to me (or we can have a mutually trusted third party hold them), and I'll deposit cash into your account.  Faster, cheaper, and easier than trying to cash out through MtGox.

I just read the 'Trust No One' forum and now I am reading this... I see that you are a hero member, though... so probably trustworthy!  Tongue
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:58:53 PM

Where are you located?

I just read the 'Trust No One' forum and now I am reading this... I see that you are a hero member, though... so probably trustworthy!  Tongue

Probably.  But there are "hero" members here that I wouldn't trust.  That rating only indicates how many posts you have on the forum, it says nothing about how helpful those posts are or how trustworthy the poster is.

You'd have to do your own research into an individual's posting history to determine if you are willing to trust them or not.  There are only a few (less than 10) members here that I would trust to hold escrow in a "bitcoin for cash" exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: