Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:35:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase sucks! Where to buy bitcoin in Germany safely/easily?  (Read 4037 times)
krncoolwater (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:39:42 AM

Hi all,

Just some background info.  I managed to buy only 10 bitcoins a few weeks ago on coinbase and now they keep running into daily limits and cant sell me any only to watch the price of bitcoin skyrocket.  Anyhow, what do you guys reccomend as the easiest way to buy bitcoin here near Germany/FrankFurt main HBF?  Are there any other ways to do it safely online?  I read and read and read but still cant seem to purchase any.  Im a US citizen here in Germany.  Please advise...danke shun!  

Smiley Huh Cry Smiley

BTW:  Im price sensitive to huge fees.  Trying to purchase $1,000 at a time, danke shun in advance...
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:41:03 AM

What about using bitcoin.de or bitcoin 24 . Com

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
krncoolwater (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:50:17 AM

What about using bitcoin.de or bitcoin 24 . Com

Wow!  That was fast!  Does one need to be a German citizen with a German bank account?  Because I only have a US based bank account. Taking money out of ATM's are easy but buying bitcoins is such a hassle!!  LOL
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:04:06 AM

Bitcoin-24.com is operated by germans, but actually uses a polish bank account (the same as MtGox), shouldn't be a problem to wire from a US bank account.
Bitcoin.de seems to also support LibertyReserve.
Miademora

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:14:58 AM

DId you try http://bitcoin-otc.com/ ?
krncoolwater (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:16:37 AM

Bitcoin-24.com is operated by germans, but actually uses a polish bank account (the same as MtGox), shouldn't be a problem to wire from a US bank account.

Thanks for the suggestions but I refuse to send in my photo ID due to security issues.  Im not anywhere near being a criminal but rather value freedom and privacy above all else.  Also there seems to be a daily limit much like coinbase.  I hate coinbase!!  Tried purchasing btc over 20X's spread over 5 days and i cant buy any from coinbase since they keep reaching their max daily limit.  What a bunch of non sense.  
hiima

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:24:15 AM

Try out localbitcoins.com

Whiskey Fund BTC 1K2SG4amzNrB7gUwf5braHuExqnQ5nEKZp LTC Lgoz9gb7q39FMAmBz8odfkx4YFhLeofCpc
krncoolwater (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:31:32 AM

Danke shun for the link.  Im checking it out now.  BTW, I like your title on the bottom, " alcohol fund" LOL.  Well done! 
dayasinfo

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:32:34 AM

Danke shun for the link.  Im checking it out now.  BTW, I like your title on the bottom, " alcohol fund" LOL.  Well done! 
i also sent a pm :-)
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:32:52 AM

Thanks for the suggestions but I refuse to send in my photo ID due to security issues.  Im not anywhere near being a criminal but rather value freedom and privacy above all else.  Also there seems to be a daily limit much like coinbase.  I hate coinbase!!  Tried purchasing btc over 20X's spread over 5 days and i cant buy any from coinbase since they keep reaching their max daily limit.  What a bunch of non sense.  
Not sure what you're talking about,
at least on Bitcoin-24.com you don't need to send your photo ID or anything and I'm not aware of small daily limts.
Not sure about Bitcoin.de though, I'm not using that one myself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: