Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:43:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any other sites/groups with frequent Linden to BTC transfers between people?  (Read 486 times)
BitSniper (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 07:18:54 AM

I've been lurking around for awhile and one thing I seriously want to break into is just trading my Lindens for BTC with actual people and not the goddamned soul-vampirizing malarchy of Virwox. I know some people here have had great experience with it and I commend them, but their fees and waiting time have given me the wood too many times at this point and I'm open to alternatives.

If anyone here knows of IRC groups or forums dedicated to inworld trading, let me know; I've been on Second Life since 2006 and watched the profitability of Lindens sink just by a matter of the time needed to take and hurdles needed to jump for the simplest transactions and withdrawals. Whether my Avatar fails the Risk API or Virwox just decides it doesn't like the shoes I'm wearing before paying out, always something. Don't even get me started on how Lindex imposes a 5 day wait before paying out to Paypal, or the fact that Paypal is Paypal.

So you can see I'm open for alternatives. Preferably the kinds where I frequently deal with actual ~people~, and not a soulless money-drinking juggernaut that hides behind my computer screen so I can't punch it in the face. Let me know.

And honestly, if you yourself are interested in in-world trading for SLL/BTC, hit me with an IM and let's keep in contact. Time is money and money is money, I would love to stop losing those for no reason. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 07:28:04 AM

Just a warning for those that are interested:

in-world trading SLL for BTC is even more risky than trading PayPal for BTC,
there's thousands of scammers on SL and if you accept their SLL and give them your BTC, you'll end up with nothing,
even if you know the person sending you SLL, he might own "fraudulent" SLL without knowing it himself.

Don't trust any SLL you receive inworld, from anyone!
There's no way for you to be sure not to receive "fraudulent lindens".
BitSniper (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:14:02 AM

I am most definitely aware of these risks, you're right to point them out ~ however, like I said, sometimes all it takes is the discretion of an automated and frankly glitchy interface handling your money to wipe you out even if you've done nothing fraudulent.

I'm offering a way that trades a little bit of uncertainty for an exponentially better frame of time, and not only that, but rate-wise too. If it meant it could be done in an hour, I'd be willing to sell off my considerable stash of SLL for half of what I'd get paid by the cursed Lindex system. Currently L$50,000 is worth around $200 and roughly 2 BTC right now before factoring in fees and innocuous margins of error; I'm ready to let that go for 1BTC, negotiable, if anyone would be up for the deal (not right this moment as it's 5.a.m where I am and spring break ~just~ ended, but I'm talking long term).

And in the unfortunate event Linden Labs decides to give your account shit, I'll give a full refund back to your address; this is all about making life quicker and easier, and making friends along the way Smiley

So I'm aware it's high-risk high-reward. That's a given, and I'll choose it over the low-risk but high-frustration, high-waiting time, and high-chance-of-getting-jack-shit situation of selling my Lindens to an automated system. And as always, if anyone knows where I could search elsewhere for people who'd potentially be down for such dealings, please don't be a stranger.
BitSniper (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:44:19 AM

Oh and on the matter of Linden Labs getting suspicious:

As a long-term merchant on Second Life, I've seen my share of conspicuous payments for my wares and I've had my share of account "holdings" for security verification and what-have-you because they get suspicious if your pockets get a little to fat too fast. As fidgety as their policy on this is, generally they are receptive to you as long as you provide them with all they need to know to appease their curiosity. If they are unable to forge conclusive or substantial evidence that you yourself authorized the purchase of "fraudulent" SLL, they will open your account back up to you.

No need to fear "losing it all", at least not for this. Pick up the phone, make a sandwich, it gets taken care of within the hour.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: