Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:10:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal for bitcoins....I'm gonna try and make THE site  (Read 3426 times)
TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:58:26 PM

Now I know the other site didn't get SHUT down but Paypal froze his account I have 2 and I am going to use the secondary
PLEASE donate for me taking this risk I also have no bitcoins to sell...lol
but i want to start so please donate and I will sell them at a low price I have an idea that if you donate and put ur shipping address as your bitcoin address it might work i made the donation only 5 cents  to see if it works

and yes the site look cheesy i made it in 1 minute
http://bitpal.webs.com/
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ricochet

Activity: 373

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:31:50 PM

Uhhhh, I think you might be getting in way over your head here. 
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:34:03 PM

"it might work" OR it might not
Read PP's TOS carefully and remember for what reasons the other site's paypal got locked down.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:42:40 PM

Paypal will freeze your account as soon as they find out what you're trading, at that point you will lose all funds in the account.

It sucks that paypal have this rule, but the TOS is a contract which you willingly enter into by opening an account and you should therefore abide by it.
Drizzlepistol

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:52:32 PM

I say go for it! Just be very discreet and fast.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Chick

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:54:13 PM

Now I know the other site didn't get SHUT down but Paypal froze his account I have 2 and I am going to use the secondary
PLEASE donate for me taking this risk I also have no bitcoins to sell...lol
but i want to start so please donate and I will sell them at a low price I have an idea that if you donate and put ur shipping address as your bitcoin address it might work i made the donation only 5 cents  to see if it works

@OP, not be offensive, but are you serious? Can you only make sites through webs.com or WYSIWYG services? Everything I've seen you make can be created by almost anyone. There is no background knowledge needed for creating a webs.com website.

You need to have a good background knowledge of web technologies (HTML, CSS Styling, PHP, Ruby)  before you even try to begin. If not, who's going to trust a limited functioning website made through a WYSIWYG service?

It looks unprofessional with the ads, theme, and a donation button with no content. Not to mention the "Create a Free Website" button on the footer.

Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:54:31 PM

Awesome, I was the 999,999th visitor!

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:55:54 PM

Paypal will freeze your account as soon as they find out what you're trading, at that point you will lose all funds in the account.

It sucks that paypal have this rule, but the TOS is a contract which you willingly enter into by opening an account and you should therefore abide by it.
I have no money in my 2nd Smiley
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:58:02 PM

But you presumably will if you get customers.
Customers will buy your BTC, they will pay to paypal - you send the BTC.
You lose your BTC.

Next, paypal freezes your account.

You lose the fiat you sold that BTC for.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:59:09 PM

and it won't be your money to risk with - genius idea!
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:59:44 PM

But you presumably will if you get customers.
Customers will buy your BTC, they will pay to paypal - you send the BTC.
You lose your BTC.

Next, paypal freezes your account.

You lose the fiat you sold that BTC for.
lol I can send the money to my other account, I don't really use paypal anyway I think it's worth the try
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:00:20 PM

and it won't be your money to risk with - genius idea!
Cheesy
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 10:38:15 PM

Why didn't we think of this before? Just use 2 empty PP accounts. Genius!

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:39:42 PM

Why didn't we think of this before? Just use 2 empty PP accounts. Genius!
lmao
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:41:04 PM

IT'S SPECIFICALLY AGAINST THE PAYPAL TERMS OF SERVICE TO USE PAYPAL FOR CURRENCY EXCHANGE OF ANY FORM, IF YOU ATTEMT TO USE IT FOR SUCH THE ACCOUNTS INVOLVE WILL GET LOCKED.

Hope this helps.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:42:22 PM

IT'S SPECIFICALLY AGAINST THE PAYPAL TERMS OF SERVICE TO USE PAYPAL FOR CURRENCY EXCHANGE OF ANY FORM, IF YOU ATTEMT TO USE IT FOR SUCH THE ACCOUNTS INVOLVE WILL GET LOCKED.

Hope this helps.
but it's a donation they wont find out 0.o plus no money in my account >Smiley
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:43:55 PM

Hope this helps.

Hmm yes because large amounts of money moving hands extremely quickly won't get your account automatically locked by the paypal mod-bots, nosiree.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:48:29 PM

Hope this helps.

Hmm yes because large amounts of money moving hands extremely quickly won't get your account automatically locked by the paypal mod-bots, nosiree.
thats what i thought im so quick i cant be caught...jk but i never even use this account!!
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 11:04:45 PM

Yeah definably a bad time to be doing this, esspecially after another use got locked. Paypal will just be monitoring large amounts of money that are coming from unused account by now for sure. Then they'll just do a google search of your email, find out its being used for bitcoins and then lock its. Sounds stupid to me. Lose your money and others
tymothy

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 11:17:37 PM

I run a business using Paypal checkout. Initially they do a LOT of reviews of you to make sure you're legit. Until I had $10k+ sales I would get a call almost every time I withdrew to my account. Then they just sort of chill and let you do business. Unless you get a bunch of complaints, I don't think they really do much more reviewing.

My advice:

DON'T sell bitcoins directly through Paypal. Instead, sell GIFTCARD CODES to your site, which people can use to get site credit to then purchase bitcoins. Selling giftcards to your site is NOT going to violate Paypal's TOS, and if the item shows up as "Yoursite.com Giftcard" on the Paypal invoice,  it shouldn't raise any red flags. Honestly, Paypal usually doesn't spend much time looking at a merchant unless there are a bunch of fraud/complaint charges.

Try to start small, maybe limit the number of users initially. A rapid spike in sales will set off red flags. Instead going gradually from 1k-3k-10k-20k a month or so looks better.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: