Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:01:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC not showing in my wallet HELP!!!  (Read 784 times)
duckman313 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 12:05:48 AM

I tried to transfer my BTC from my coinbase wallet 1LVMfzNj3A1Ahm2arrMcoxEXb6UsFSu1yE to my coinbin wallet
1QCAvU5PR4uHUBEWVZkHF1vjeQHR9c7p4V. The transaction Tx:59becb2198e7ef71902df3c015e5510048979eb6161f8a2f0e7de2ab3f03db2d shows that I have 121 confirmations and that the 3.96481 BTC was sent. My coinbin wallet address 1QCAvU5PR4uHUBEWVZkHF1vjeQHR9c7p4V shows that it received the BTC but my coinbin wallet shows 0.00 BTC. Please help I cannot afford to lose this money. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 12:18:21 AM

Please do not make duplicate threads about the same issue.

I highly suggest that you use a desktop wallet that actually keeps the keys and is not a brainwallet (a wallet that generates the keys from a password which is what coinbin does. They are very insecure). I suggest that you use Electrum.

You need to get your private keys from coinbin. Open up the wallet and go to the "Keys" tab. Click "Show" for the private key.

Now create an Electrum wallet. Make a standard new wallet, do not choose the options to import any keys. Once the wallet is created, go to Wallet > Private Keys > Sweep and enter the private key from coinbin into the big box labeled "Enter keys here". Then click Sweep and follow the rest of the instructions. This will move the Bitcoin from your coinbin address into your Electrum wallet. Do not continue to use the coinbin address. It is not in your wallet and so any Bitcoin sent there will not be available to you unless you do this process again.

neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 07:01:42 AM

So, @OP did it work? Did your bitcoins show up when you took you private keys to electrum?

Please update.

If your balance still doesn't show, try contacting @Outcat3k https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=34834
He's the one who runs coinb.in and also wrote the code for it.
Here is also coinb.in thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=390046.0
Though it might take some time till he gets back to you. Recently, doesn't seem to be on the forum much.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
ricku

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:56:02 AM

I guess your coin must have been credited by now though i dont want to link this to blockchain.info downtime, you can also post your comment on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=390046.0

duckman313 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:55:39 AM

So, @OP did it work? Did your bitcoins show up when you took you private keys to electrum?

Please update.

If your balance still doesn't show, try contacting @Outcat3k https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=34834
Though it might take some time till he gets back to you. Recently, doesn't seem to be on the forum much.

Thank you for your help. I got very ill. I did what you instructed and it looks like it worked yay! How do I set up a password for Electrum? How do I set up a seed for the Electrum wallet? when I installed the Electrum wallet it did not ask me to do any of this. Also the transaction shows as unconfirmed will that change when miners confirm the blockchain?
duckman313 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 06:11:21 AM

I don't know what to do now. I installed the electrum wallet and it didn't go through any setup and I had a default standard wallet. I then uninstalled the electrum wallet and reinstalled and it did the same thing so I sent the bitcoins just as you had instructed but now I don't have access to the private key because it asks for a password. I tried just leaving it blank and it didn't work. What now?
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2016, 03:56:05 AM

Please update.

Thank you for your help. I got very ill. I did what you instructed and it looks like it worked yay! How do I set up a password for Electrum? How do I set up a seed for the Electrum wallet? when I installed the Electrum wallet it did not ask me to do any of this. Also the transaction shows as unconfirmed will that change when miners confirm the blockchain?

That's great then!

So, when you downloaded the wallet, you got default then created a new one since there wasn't an existing one on your desktop.

after you clicked next,you'll see a wallet generation seed, it's got 12 words on the left side and a qr code on the right.
You should copy the words(also write it down/memorize) click next,

You'll be asked to type/paste the twelve words(your seed) then click next,

You're given an option to create a password,after creating and confirming click ok.
That should be done.

As for receiving:
1.Open your wallet, click the Receive tab
2.Go to Receiving, double click the first "receiving" address,
3. Copy to clipboard then
4. Go to the exchange/wallet , where your funds are then
5. Transfer your funds by pasting your 'receiving address' for electrum then the amount, then click send from wallet.
6. There could be some delays of several minutes. Meanwhile you could go to the History tab on your electrum wallet, You'll see all pending and current transactions for your addresses.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
duckman313 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 06:40:34 AM

Thanks again for all your help. I downloaded Electrum onto my pc and had the default standard wallet. I assumed that this was my wallet so I transferred my bitcoins from coinbin to the default standard wallet after reading your last reply I figured out how to create a new wallet that I went through the process of creating password and seed for. I now have the window open for the standard default wallet which has no password or seed setup for it and I have the window open for my new wallet with password and seed setup for it. The default wallet shows my bitcoins but the new wallet does not. what do I do? Once again the bitcoins are already on my pc in the default wallet and I have setup a new wallet but the bitcoins are only showing in the default wallet. I have both windows open. Should I just close the default wallet window? will the bitcoins just appear in my new wallet once I close down the default wallet? What do I do? Thank you for your help and patience with me
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 06:53:17 AM

Thanks again for all your help. I downloaded Electrum onto my pc and had the default standard wallet. I assumed that this was my wallet so I transferred my bitcoins from coinbin to the default standard wallet after reading your last reply I figured out how to create a new wallet that I went through the process of creating password and seed for. I now have the window open for the standard default wallet which has no password or seed setup for it and I have the window open for my new wallet with password and seed setup for it. The default wallet shows my bitcoins but the new wallet does not. what do I do? Once again the bitcoins are already on my pc in the default wallet and I have setup a new wallet but the bitcoins are only showing in the default wallet. I have both windows open. Should I just close the default wallet window? will the bitcoins just appear in my new wallet once I close down the default wallet? What do I do? Thank you for your help and patience with me
I have yet to use Electrum so may not be too much help but it sounds as though you still have to import your "default wallet/address" into your new Electrum wallet.
If you can find an option saying "import addresses" try that and then synch the wallet again.

duckman313 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:42:45 AM

Can't find anything but import labels. No option to synch that I can see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: