Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:39:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's is the purpose of this forum?  (Read 338 times)
godhacks (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:57:00 AM

I'm asking legitimately and not trying to put down or defame the forums in any way.

Today I came here because a product I purchased every now and then ceased to be available on another website. As I read through the posts, the scam accusations, the forum rules, the guidelines on what is allowed, the ignore lists the entire posts built around tracking down account farmers, the need to do nearly everything from being screwed by someone, hacked or targeted in some manner and then the general names of most of the posts it really just seems like this place is nearly all spam or scams. Most of the posts I see start off with a similar question to what mine started off with and seem to be more about leading questions to generate posts, to gain activity to eventually participate in something called a "signature campaign", which from the small amount of information I gathered is someone paying high level members to put spam in their signatures and somehow that results in profit? I would think conversions on such a campaign would be minute, but perhaps my assumptions are wrong. In addition to all that, I'm curious how any activity level, hero, legendary or otherwise would mean anything other than someone decided to purchase an account with said title so that they could either scam someone or do some type of spam campaign. Why is value continually placed on something traded openly and intended to be used for harm against members of the forum?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8053

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:58:43 PM

I'm asking legitimately and not trying to put down or defame the forums in any way.

Today I came here because a product I purchased every now and then ceased to be available on another website. As I read through the posts, the scam accusations, the forum rules, the guidelines on what is allowed, the ignore lists the entire posts built around tracking down account farmers, the need to do nearly everything from being screwed by someone, hacked or targeted in some manner and then the general names of most of the posts it really just seems like this place is nearly all spam or scams. Most of the posts I see start off with a similar question to what mine started off with and seem to be more about leading questions to generate posts, to gain activity to eventually participate in something called a "signature campaign", which from the small amount of information I gathered is someone paying high level members to put spam in their signatures and somehow that results in profit? I would think conversions on such a campaign would be minute, but perhaps my assumptions are wrong. In addition to all that, I'm curious how any activity level, hero, legendary or otherwise would mean anything other than someone decided to purchase an account with said title so that they could either scam someone or do some type of spam campaign. Why is value continually placed on something traded openly and intended to be used for harm against members of the forum?

You are so full of shit it's coming out of your ears.  Who are you really and where was this "other" website?  Venus?  Your first post makes you sound like a newborn or a visitior from another planet that doesn't have internet forums.  Let's turn this around:
 Why is value continually placed (by you) on this "product" that is no longer available on your go-to website?  So much value in fact, that you come looking here to this foreign website which is so unfamiliar to you it doesn't even seem to be real; it is barely recognizable as a forum in fact.  Were you looking for a Bitcoin? A hug? Some mother's milk?

I look forward to your next essay on what you expected when you signed up for Bitcointalk.org...

Kudos for reading all that shit in a day.  I'm impressed; not many newbies read anything (guilty).

Welcome to the forum.

godhacks (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:40:19 AM

A full on megatroll as the first and only reply, very unexpected, but you managed to answer every question I had with your ignorance.  Wink
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 03:14:16 AM

A full on megatroll as the first and only reply, very unexpected, but you managed to answer every question I had with your ignorance.  Wink

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge.  I think you meant arrogance

Welcome to the forum!   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8053

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:15:57 AM

Full-on is hyphenated,  there's a typo in the topic (extra is), you used the simple past tense in your first sentence where you should have used the past continuous tense and I don't think you know what ignorance means.  Now I'm a mega-troll.  As I said, I don't believe you're really here to buy anything nor do I believe this is your first foray into the Bitcointalk forum.  Regardless, yours was an audacious first post.

I'm still waiting to see your post in the Marketplace>goods section... or did you forget what you came for?  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: