Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:37:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Phishing] Be careful! www bi0ckchein info/Wallet/Login www blocbkchain info  (Read 908 times)
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:39:39 PM

Not the first not the last.

BlockChain.info is not the only target, we've seen LocalBitcoins, coinbase, btc-e, and main exchangers, online wallets, and p2p websites.

This is exactly why 2FA is mandatory in our website, and registration/login is via Phone number / pass / 2FA.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:48:34 PM

The ones who actually use the site by typing it themselves might wont get affected by this but the ones who use google search mostly would probably get in trouble if they click on it unknowingly, because i have seen a lot of people who always google the things before opening them, even facebook.
arransiv

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:00:25 PM

Again? Another one?

What about this one? bloick lol
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:34:02 PM

I would not be surprise to see blockshit.info soon after using all possible domains to impersonate the legit one
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:23:31 PM

Hey!

I just typed 'blochchain.info' with google search.

1st result is: Ad - www  bi0ckchein  info/Wallet/Login‎

Be careful!

There are two addresses phishing, wtf google. That's why I never use the search engine Google to open a website address mainly bitcoin wallet online.
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Hey!

I just typed 'blochchain.info' with google search.

1st result is: Ad - www  bi0ckchein  info/Wallet/Login‎

Be careful!

There are two addresses phishing, wtf google. That's why I never use the search engine Google to open a website address mainly bitcoin wallet online.

Hah that's funny but I didn't realized that the second result was also a phishing indeed xD I did not even looked at it after the 1st one Smiley

blocbkchain info ...

So yeah xD ... funny.

Best regards.
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:17:31 PM

We can avoid this links easily by typing Blockchain.info without using google search, then we can bookmark the site for the future visits, I'm doing that after I was about to lose reasonable amount in Poloniex when I faced the same fishy case, but in my case, they send it to my e-mail, I noticed the difference after I had clicked the link, fortunately I did not lose anything.
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 11:28:36 PM

Hey, I agree. I'm always super careful about any ads, addresses etc. But it's pretty shitty for those who ie. are not so aware and for example it's their 1st time with blockchain.info.

Scenario:

A non-tech person with a little computer skills heard about Bitcoin and something about online Bitcoin wallet blockchain. On a hassle he typed blockchain.info into google search Smiley and without enough awareness and knowledge he will create his 1st wallet on a scammy site Smiley this is a possible scenario.

I can think about other scenarios Smiley Even tech people sometimes use google search and sometimes with a strange circumstances they may lost their regular awareness and got scammed by such simple phishing sites.

Well .. also we can say that blockchain online wallet is usually used by newbies or people who for some (strange) reasons like/need to use blockchain online wallet.  
If scammers are investing into such ads it must be (perhaps is) working.

I think that Google should pay more attention to prevent such attempts but well ...  Smiley

Best regards.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: