Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:36:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Avalon 85Gh/s ASIC - Auction, ends within 24 hours!  (Read 11310 times)
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:34:29 AM

Why is this not in the Auction forum ?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:42:27 AM

Most of the other individuals selling ASICs have their threads in this subforum. Hadn't crossed my mind to put it someplace else.

niner

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 12:47:46 AM

10 @ 1

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:49:29 AM

Most of the other individuals selling ASICs have their threads in this subforum. Hadn't crossed my mind to put it someplace else.

Not true. All threads were for preorders. Other post-order threads are in Goods/Hardware or Marketplace/Auction section.
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:29:17 AM

MNW -

2 questions:

1) Just to make sure I understand these terms; each share (1%) initially cost you ~1 BTC (~100 BTC for the 4 module miner), right?
2) Will shares be transferable after the auction ends? (ie can I sell these in 1 month to another user)

Thx

TheJuice
norman

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:20:02 AM

10 @ 1.2
niner

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 06:34:41 AM

10 @ 1

My bid is withdrawn.  Sorry for any inconvenience.  I'll PM this to Mathew as well.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 06:48:38 AM

is this still opened?

Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:52:59 AM

MNW, I'm actually surprised you got rid of the scammer tag. Well done.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:21:55 AM

My bid is withdrawn.

It is not possible to withdraw your bid, but it is also not necessary. 1 BTC per 1% of profit from an ASIC is highly undervalued.

is this still opened?

It will be open for *at least* 12 days, but may be ended sooner (see OP).

Will shares be transferable after the auction ends? (ie can I sell these in 1 month to another user)

Don't treat this like a business IPO. This is a personal arrangement for multiples of 1% of the ASIC's earnings. If you ask me to change the payment address at a later date, and that address happens to be someone who paid you money, I don't see why I couldn't oblige, and equally so, if you both agreed to have that new party be in control of that % in the future, I wouldn't stop you. I am not going to issue a stock certificate or anything silly like that though.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:26:51 AM

My bid is withdrawn.

It is not possible to withdraw your bid, but it is also not necessary. 1 BTC per 1% of profit from an ASIC is highly undervalued.

This is a batch #3 unit

You paid 75BTC for that machine, thus 0.75BTC per 1%

This is already a serious amount given the difficulty projections, but you dare to state that 1BTC for 1% is highly undervalued. Trying to scam some newbies? Would you care to throw some math to back your bold statement?

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:37:36 AM

You paid 75BTC
This ASIC has 4 modules (85GH/s) and a PSU, so the initial price was 101.5 BTC in limited quantity and is now sold out. The same device with only 3 modules is currently making 7 BTC a day, this one will  be shipped a month from now. Rather than argue about projections no one could possibly know, I'll continue auctioning this to people who missed the boat ordering an ASIC. Thank you for your concern about newbies. As I mentioned in the OP, never invest in mining hardware or bitcoins in general with money you can't afford to lose. No one knows what is going to happen to the network or price.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:18:41 AM

There are some projections you cannot escape from

1200 Avalons will add at least 84THs to the network at the same time you'll receive your unit (I considered an average of 70Ghs per unit, but it may be more because of 4 modules Avalons like yours)

yeah, that will increase the difficulty Aprox. X3 without even considering BFL or ASICs inertia - and you throw numbers based on today's difficulty?

That's deceiving, and IMHO trying to make a big buck from newbies taking advantage of gold rush and ignorance is not the best way to regain confidence of the community

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:24:43 AM

Your projections make it clear why GPUs will no longer be profitable. I appreciate your continued efforts and understand your concern given my history of trolling and such. I'll check my OP to make sure there were no projections made (I don't believe I ever made any. EDIT: I posted 2 links for required reading in regards to warnings of mining projections and investing into mining hardware) and continue to remind bidders to do their research before purchasing any mining equipment or investing into Bitcoin in any way.

Happy bidding!

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:33:31 AM

Code:
User      -  Profit %  -   BTC
DutchBrat -    5      -   0.75
niner     -    10      -   1
qwk       -    25      -   1
norman    -    10      -   1.2

niner

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 10:19:24 AM

10 @ 0

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:34:15 AM

Just read the "should you truste me" link in your signature.

Summing up: you got two scammer tags in the past. Last one related to a commitment you did not honor, and you are still owing a very big amount of money to dozens of members of this community. You try to justify that this commitment was just a "prank"... But still you have money to buy Avalons while not paying back your old debts.

Trying to make it right with the community? So why don't you publicly commit to use all the revenue generate by your Avalon to pay back what you owe?

Then, let me ask:

how do we know that this is not another prank, and you that will simply not honor your commitment as you did in the past?
what collateral are you offering to your investors as a guarantee?

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:13:22 PM

I have been receiving some PMs asking to deal *outside* this auction thread, including an offer to buy all 50 slots for 2 BTC, but I declined. Please understand that once this auction begins, I am not able to make any other purchasing arrangements. If however you have certain stipulations for placing a bid, by all means share those in PM with me privately and I will be happy to negotiate them with you without forcing you to bid first.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:58:33 PM

I'm hallucinating or there was a post right here warning newbs about Matt being a scammer? Was this post deleted by mods?

Anyhow: please Matt be so kind to answer the questions I ask you in my previous post.

Wwhy don't you publicly commit to use all the revenue generate by your Avalon to pay back what you owe?

Then, let me ask:

how do we know that this is not another prank, and you that will simply not honor your commitment as you did in the past?

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:00:59 PM

I'm hallucinating or there was a post right here warning newbs about Matt being a scammer? Was this post deleted by mods?

Anyhow: please Matt be so kind to answer the questions I ask you in my previous post.

Wwhy don't you publicly commit to use all the revenue generate by your Avalon to pay back what you owe?

Then, let me ask:

I am deleting OT replies to the topic.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: