Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:33:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MINING ADVICE NEEDED THIS IS A MACHINE A FRIEND OFFERED ME  (Read 620 times)
BIT4BRAIN (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:51:20 PM

DOES THIS LOOK LEGIT?

"you can pay through Escrow Service,or bitcon,or T/T

8 cores fpga bitcoin miner:
Details:
8 Spartan-6 LX150-3FGG484C FPGAs:just as ICARUS X4 on one board,you can use ICARUS rom and software.
USB interface for configuration and mining communication.
Power supplied through 6-pin ATX PCI-E connector(min 100W ) .
1.3 GH/s guaranteed, 1.6GH/s typical.
85 W power consumption measured at 1.6 GH/s (more measurements pending).
JTAG available for development and debugging (headers are not populated by default).
New features for the  Rev 3:

Heatsink mounting holes, compatible with many heatsinks designed for the Northbridge chipset (59MM).
Additional clearance to allow for larger heatsinks.
3-pin headers to power 8 standard 12V fans.
LEDs to indicate that the FPGAs are configured properly.
Mounting hole size diameter increased to allow for #6 size screws.
238 x 205.5 mm overall size

Power:
To power the board, one can use either a standard ATX power supply with a spare 6-pin PCI-E connector. Note that the rev3 board has headers to power 8 fans. If these are used, be sure to include the power consumption of the fans when choosing a suitable power supply.

Software:
The board is currently supported by many software miners: such as CGMINER. Both are open source and publicly available and both work on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
You can very easy control throught this OPNEWRT base linux controler ,just use a web page ! Don't need install any software and drivers!

Purchase:
 The board priced at $1999. An board with included heatsinks is priced at $2058.

OPNEWRT base linux controler: $59

All included an USB cable ,you just add an ATX power and can start mine immediacy!"

LOOKING FOR ADVICE ON THE SPECS, COST ETC

฿it 4 ฿rain : ฿itcoin
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 07:19:46 PM

So, $2000 for 1.6GHash? Rip off. You could build a 7970 GPU mining rig for the same hashrate for half the money.

BIT4BRAIN (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:35:25 PM

Where you located? what would it cost me;) whats power cost?  give me some tips

฿it 4 ฿rain : ฿itcoin
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:36:23 PM

The point of fpga is low power cost for extended use when difficulty rises. 85w for 1.6gh vs about 700w for GPU. Just as I would not recommend making a gpu rig I would not recommend investing in a fpga rig right now. Difficulty is set to double and then triple in the next few months. With a long ROI neither is particularly attractive
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: