Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 11:26:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start mining NEWEST altcoins?  (Read 2227 times)
Gh0sted (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 12:34:53 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 01:12:31 PM by Gh0sted

Hello Bitcointalk!
I want to seriously get into the altcoin mining business but I am stuck with some questions.

1. How can I start mining the NEWEST altcoins that don't have a public mining pool yet? Am I supposed to make my own one? If so, where can I learn doing this?

2. I've earlier created a topic on making a mining rig for altcoin mining. I've had very nice members help me get some more information regarding this, but since I've really never made my own custom computer (always used laptops) I have no clue at all on how to compile my own mining rig. Are there any step-by-step guides I can get linked to on how to set up my very first mining rig?

3. Once I did learn how to mine the newest altcoins, what software am I supposed to use?

EDIT:
I think I started to understand how to build my own altcoin mining rig.
Basically getting a motherboard, GPU cards, cooling system etc and installing it all on the motherboard. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Afterwards installing an OS on it, getting mining software and you're good to go?

If so, I still don't get how to mine the newest altcoins that don't even have an mining pool available yet.
dArkjON

Activity: 683
Merit: 513

http://bitcoin-engrave.com/ & https://bitcore.cc

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:16:45 PM

Hello Bitcointalk!
I want to seriously get into the altcoin mining business but I am stuck with some questions.

1. How can I start mining the NEWEST altcoins that don't have a public mining pool yet? Am I supposed to make my own one? If so, where can I learn doing this?

2. I've earlier created a topic on making a mining rig for altcoin mining. I've had very nice members help me get some more information regarding this, but since I've really never made my own custom computer (always used laptops) I have no clue at all on how to compile my own mining rig. Are there any step-by-step guides I can get linked to on how to set up my very first mining rig?

3. Once I did learn how to mine the newest altcoins, what software am I supposed to use?

EDIT:
I think I started to understand how to build my own altcoin mining rig.
Basically getting a motherboard, GPU cards, cooling system etc and installing it all on the motherboard. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Afterwards installing an OS on it, getting mining software and you're good to go?

If so, I still don't get how to mine the newest altcoins that don't even have an mining pool available yet.

Hi there,

1) Inform about new Coins they will release and Start to Mine that Coin by Yourself without a Pool. On start off a Coin it should be possible to find some Blocks and get some instant coins off that.

2) There is no Step by Step guides, just bought your hardware thinks you need, put all together and install Win10.
After that, download the Miner you like and start Mining...

3) The Wallet or the Miner Software from the new coin, there is no miner for all coins because they have a different algorithm.

Your Edit looks ok, just Order Board, CPU, Ram, SDD, GPU's, Risers and a PSU maybe a frame also...

altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:22:13 PM

1) you can solo mine, i didn't want to reinvent the wheel, so i googled it for you Wink
An example guide: http://www.titcoins.biz/faq-contact-us/titcoin-guide-how-do-you-solo-mine-titcoin/
An other option would be to start the qt wallet, open the debug console and type "setgenerate true". This feature is removed quite often, and usually has low hashrate compared to GPU mining, ASIC mining or specially compiled cpu mining software.

2) In case of GPU mining, don't forget usb power risers, don't draw the GPU's power trough your MOBO or it might burn

3) depends on your HW, you need different kinds of software to mine different algo's on different OS's using different hardware

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: