Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:11:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum hard-fork in ~20 hours  (Read 15583 times)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 09:02:31 AM

Let it be known from Now on and forever more.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tuesdays will be Ethereum Hard Fork Day

That will give them 52 hard forks a year.
Who thinks that still won't be enough.   Tongue

Cool

FYI:
Just wait til the lawsuits start that will require Eth Devs to hard fork to change previous contracts to avoid contempt of court charges.  Tongue

mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 09:12:47 AM

That will give them 52 hard forks a year.
Who thinks that still won't be enough.   Tongue

Cool

FYI:
Just wait til the lawsuits start that will require Eth Devs to hard fork to change previous contracts to avoid contempt of court charges.  Tongue

You're definitely not a very smart person, miners decide to fork because they believe the reasoning behind the fact that flaws need to be fixed. And lawsuits against who ? ETF doesn't own ethereum, it's decentralized, it has twice more nodes than bitcoin, with biggest miner not owning more than 2% of total hashrate.
mining1

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 09:15:41 AM

Hardforks got a bad rap mostly from bitcoin side, they try to avoid hf-ing at all costs because bitcoin atm is too big and they're afraid it would fail. And also a bad rap from rollbacks that happened in some other projects ( ethereum's HF in the summer wasn't a rollback either, as some FUDers want you to believe ).

I remember the story of the guy who bought bitcoins when they were dirt cheap, forgot about them for several years, then when the price reached $1000 he managed to recover them, sell them and bought an expensive flat.
I guess if the same guy had Ethers, he would come back after several years just to find out he missed to update his wallet during the last 20 hardforks  Undecided
And what's your point ? You don't lose ethers if you don't update. You only want to update if you're hosting a node, like if you're an exchange, or you're an active miner.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:19:52 AM

yup.. decentralized yet launched via an ICO  Cheesy
mmmmhhhmmmm  Roll Eyes

Patch Day Tuesday ? Get your Windows updates people ?
Well..
"Patch Day Tuesday" has a new meaning now thanks to kiklo !  Cheesy

Oh and forget about asking questions of the FraudBoys..
The other one is still hiding since i asked him how many accounts he has logged into here.
Or should i call him "Stoat" ?  Cheesy
All these guys do is spew BS then hide anything that could identify them.

We have a rotating obscene group shilling hard for ETH who bend over backwards to hide who they are or what their ties to Ethereum are.
For all we know one of these or ALL of these puppet shill accounts are Butters himself.

FUD first & ask questions later™
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:36:04 AM

What bothers me the most is that the market is not reacting to the ETH issues. After the last fork the price dropped by some 5.5 - 6% (and it's in decline ever since), probably because there was another attack (not sure if it continues), but all in all that proves that ETH price is sustained by some powerful whales. I believe that if Ethereum fix everything and it deals with the attacks for some time, then they will pump the price. This has nothing to do with the technology. It's all because of one purpose - making more money.

freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:41:25 AM

Yo guys can I have one of the blockchains after forking just like etc how did some one take control over it?
mining1

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:34:22 AM

What bothers me the most is that the market is not reacting to the ETH issues. After the last fork the price dropped by some 5.5 - 6% (and it's in decline ever since), probably because there was another attack (not sure if it continues), but all in all that proves that ETH price is sustained by some powerful whales. I believe that if Ethereum fix everything and it deals with the attacks for some time, then they will pump the price. This has nothing to do with the technology. It's all because of one purpose - making more money.
What bothers me the most is that people don't react to stupidity and facade otherwise you'd be whipped by random people in the public market. Reminder: before attacks started, ether was over 15$, and over the weeks it dropped to close to 11$ because of the DDOS attacks that slowed down the network. So, almost 30% drop in price because of a ddos attack that slowed down the network ( keep in mind, network was never at imminent risk of failure, just slowed down) is not a reaction to you ? Jeez, you're dumb.
Edit: ofcourse it's about making money, everything in this world is about making money and no one does it for free, especially if it's done while programming, inventing, innovating. Difference between eth and other 100000 altcoins is that it's making money pattern is based on something real, not same shit wrapped as caviar and sold to same idiots, like all these wannabe altcoin currencies are.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 11:41:12 AM

Why bother answering to this proved shill? But, oh, ok.

Ethereum price increased with some 1000% over the course of 3 months (January - March), then it halved by April when a new pump started and it gained like 500% in 1 month. But, yeah, I am the one who is dumb here....

mining1

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:53:57 AM

Because of the amount of money invested into it given it's potential, therefore the solid infrastructure that came with this amount of money, having probably the biggest development team in blockchain sphere and constantly developing and innovating, then it suddenly started to gain attention and people noticed it, that's why its price increased, it was severely underpriced. And you cannot deny that, market decided it is that way. Then the priced halved because of the panic caused by the dao project fail ( not the network fail ) .
I don't deny pumps and dumps didn't exist in ethereum project in the very early stage, they exist and existed in all projects, and at that chapter bitcoin is king. But that's how things works, the easiest way to gain attention is to pump, then people decide if they want to join for speculation reason or if they think the value can be backed up by potential.
Nowadays eth price is not manipulated by whales nor anyone, otherwise we'd see much bigger swings in price, it's just what market believes. After the succesful fork, network improved alot since they fixed it's biggest problems, but some smaller attack vectors remained, and when the weaker attacks started 1-2 days ago, market reacted to it but not as severely, given the fact that the effect is so much lower and that it's going to be fixed in the upcoming HF.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:01:07 PM

yup.. decentralized yet launched via an ICO  Cheesy
mmmmhhhmmmm  Roll Eyes
For all we know one of these or ALL of these puppet shill accounts are Butters himself.

the fact that it CAN hard fork with ease is very very very very concerning.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 12:16:11 PM

Then the priced halved because of the panic caused by the dao project fail ( not the network fail ).

Shocked

You do realize that the DAO FAIL was back in June? And it did not affected only ETH, but the entire market? Should I remind you that I expressed my concerns 8 days before it happened? And that it may affect the entire "cryptoworld"? Market cap of cryptocurrencies was shrinked with more than $2.5Bn in a week. But, yeah, keep cheer leading a technology, which keeps changing the rules. Back then your fellow cheerleader Mindlesscache laughed, but then he suddenly disappeared and now he shows whenever he feels comfortable.  I show up whenever I feel that something is wrong and if people are losing money. Just like in this case:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1564499.0

And this:

https://twitter.com/FAILCommunity/status/787680797608316928

And this:

https://twitter.com/bulgar1an/status/788072862972346369

And many more!

NLG is down by 39% as we speak.

About a week ago I had conversation with Emin Gun Sirer and I told him straight that I don't like Ethereum. His answer was something like "There are many people who don't like it.". There is a reason for that.

I had enough with your stupidity!

mining1

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:23:14 PM

Well, you are so much more stupid than i am. Expressing concern doesn't mean anything, you're like that wannabe dev on this forum that expresses concern about anything with potential and attention, and when something inevitably doesn't go as planned, since everything out there is imperfect be like: I've warned you, it's flawed. I also express concern about all the projects out there including ethereum, global warming and your sex life. The only thing i'm certain it is worked on and being improved is ethereum.
If you think anything can be done perfectly and finished in the first try, you're stupid and you don't understand how things work. Mankind is improving for millions of years already, flashnews.
Edit: and the guy told you the obvious thing, obviously doh. If you're concerned it's only natural, obviously it's not a perfect system and it still has flaws, difference is they're actively fixed or improved.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:42:58 PM

You're definitely not a very smart person, miners decide to fork because they believe the reasoning behind the fact that flaws need to be fixed. And lawsuits against who ? ETF doesn't own ethereum, it's decentralized, it has twice more nodes than bitcoin, with biggest miner not owning more than 2% of total hashrate.

hmm,
If you were a smarter person, I would not have to explain it to you.
But since you asked,

Many people due to age or mental status or just due to local laws that ban certain things, can easily have any contract voided in an actual court of law , and since the Dev of Eth has already proven he will fork it so his buddies don't lose money, courts will be able to compel him to write the updates or pay fines in reparation ,  so he will be forced to create these additional hard forks , which even if some miners refuse to follow him, exactly how many versions of the bloated code do you think can exist.
Each new Eth chain would diminish and divide the community until it dies.
You know United We Stand, Divided We Fall. Plus the fact Eth is not recognized by any court anywhere as actual legal contracts , more of just automated code.
Plus what idiot is going to write an alarm clock code that requires a download of a 100 Gigabyte blockchain,  when one can be written in less than a few megabytes in a normal programming language. Eth is just a bunch of hype pushed by Goldman Sachs to take advantage of the lower IQ among us.  Wink

Cool
TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:59:02 PM

I think ethereum (ETH) has done second hard fork and on date 25/10/2016 ethereum classic (ETC) will do first hard fork and i will see what will happen with ETH and ETC (their price). It is time to stop trading all of them in my opinion except just for collection of course with low amount.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 01:06:23 PM

This is what happens, when you are messing things up (like ETH is doing, pumps & dumps of s*itcoins on Polo): http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecb-bitcoin-eu-idUSKCN12I1HC

Not to mention ether.camp's $50 million crowdsale/ICO...

mining1

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:10:08 PM

hmm,
If you were a smarter person, I would not have to explain it to you.
But since you asked,

Many people due to age or mental status or just due to local laws that ban certain things, can easily have any contract voided in an actual court of law , and since the Dev of Eth has already proven he will fork it so his buddies don't lose money, courts will be able to compel him to write the updates or pay fines in reparation ,  so he will be forced to create these additional hard forks
You know United We Stand, Divided We Fall. Plus the fact Eth is not recognized by any court anywhere as actual legal contracts , more of just automated code.
Any law court wouldn't be able to oblige a person or entity to change and manipulate something they do not own. It's like asking the pope to change what some christians believe about god because he (pope) has some influence and credibility. And as you just contradicted yourself, let's absurdly go with "a court could oblige ETF to fork something they have no control over, just influence" , how would they do that if it's not recognised by any court, just automated code ?
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:37:32 PM

Any law court wouldn't be able to oblige a person or entity to change and manipulate something they do not own. It's like asking the pope to change what some christians believe about god because he (pope) has some influence and credibility. And as you just contradicted yourself, let's absurdly go with "a court could oblige ETF to fork something they have no control over, just influence" , how would they do that if it's not recognised by any court, just automated code ?

LOL,
You might want to tell google that.
Vitalik Buterin. Vitalik is the creator of Ethereum. He first discovered blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies through Bitcoin in 2011, and was immediately excited by the technology and its potential.

The Automated code is not recognized as a legal document, however disputes over anything can be examined in a court, if one of the Parties felt that they were wronged by another party. The Judge or Jury then decides the outcome, Eth has no system in place to rewrite a so called contract if so ordered by a legal judge except a hard fork.
Which is why once these pretend contracts which are nothing more than automated code starts being argued about in a real court , the Eth devs are going to be compelled to hard fork all of the time or pay damages. Do you really think they will go broke rather than comply?   Tongue

Example.
You Offer a Service in one of these automated codes, you setup parameters to only allow a young person to enter it.
1st Lawsuit , Someone not legal age enters it with you, Parents find out and go to court to have it annulled .
That is a Hard Fork.
2nd Lawsuit , Someone over the age limit set in your Parameters wants to use this service and is denied.
You are then sued for Ageism. (prejudice or discrimination on the basis of a person's age.)
That would be another hard fork.
3rd Lawsuit , You charged a higher interest rate than Sharia Law allows.
That would be another hard fork.

Just as if a defect is found in an auto, a Court can force a company to fix the defect.
So it will be with the creator Buterin & his creation Ethereum.

It is amazing how little these asshats know about the legal system , that they expect this crap to stand up to any actual legal review, of not just the US but also Sharia Law. It won't , maybe that is why Buterin cashed out a million early on, because it is apparent this thing is designed to fail from the beginning.
It has a snowball's chance in hell.

Cool
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 01:48:28 PM

@kiklo

I have reasons to believe that the DAO, Ethereum, the ICO/crowdsale scams and pumps and dumps on Polo are somehow connected.

mining1

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:53:59 PM

Not to mention ether.camp's $50 million crowdsale/ICO...
That's the problem with decentralized platforms, you cannot control the projects that are build and deployed on them wether you like them or not, and that is a disadvantage of each and every one of them. I wouldn't trust you with 5E for example, but some people might invest in your stupid ideea, and not only you could be scammer, but they could have a flawed bugged platform like DAO. And about ether camp, they did some great stuff so far and their  CV is rich,  but i have  a feeling they might have not been very thorough, some concerns were expressed on reddit. I think the 50mil hard cap was misunderstood, they went to that because projects like firstblood were sold in few minutes, and that really is a cause of concern. A week timeline would have been more appropriate.
And btw, Dollface, the quality of development around ethereum ecosystem is not neither a cause nor an effect of ethereum, it's just the people, you cannot put that in ethereum's project back, as a whole. It's like your fud on this forum, there has to exist people like you so we others can diferentiate ourselves.
@kiklo you're a total idiot. Being the creator doesn't mean anything as long as he doesn't own it, this is your mystake because your logic is flawed and everything else you say connected to it is irrelevant. Satoshi nakamoto is the creator of bitcoin, if he went public do you think the government could possibly ask him to shut it down by pressing a switch ? You're on same level as Dollface, maybe worse.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:55:02 PM

@kiklo

I have reasons to believe that the DAO, Ethereum, the ICO/crowdsale scams and pumps and dumps on Polo are somehow connected.

Possible, that huge mistake, allow for the creation of the ETC, which gave many of those goldman sachs asshat free coins, which now they can crash whichever chain they decide gives them the most profit. It basically let them double their # of coins at zero costs. No telling which chain they will dump to death 1st.  Tongue

Cool
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: