Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:40:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feasible to mine using cloud server with 24 x CPU?  (Read 304 times)
reaper73 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 01:44:09 AM

Hi, mining newb here

Been doing a little research and right now I'm not able to set up mining hardware in my pad however, I've been looking at maybe using cloud-based servers.

I know mining software generally prefers to use GPUs but there are so few cloud services out there with GPU support and the ones that are cost a fortune.

I came across a company offering cloud-based servers at just under $1/hour giving me 24 x CPUs and 65GB RAM and was wondering if using that many CPUs would compensate for the lack of GPUs?

I was thinking that maybe installing NiceHash might be able to get me into profits from the server costs if I stay away from BTC and mine some of the smaller coins.

What do you guys think?
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 04:00:33 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2016, 04:11:53 AM by crazyivan

That s not going to work. There s no coin where you can make $24 per day using any kind of CPU processing power. I assume you mean 24 cores. A decent GPU, say ATI 380 will make you something like $1.2 per day, any core CPU cannot match even that. Also, I think most of companies will ban you once they figure out you would be using their stuff for mining. If I m wrong, please correct me.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
reaper73 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:25:16 AM

Nope it's actually 24 x CPUs not cores.

I think thinking that maybe software like NiceHash or MinerGate would be able to optimize which coin to mine at any given time and make the most of the CPU power.

And I'm assuming with 65GB of RAM I could open up multiple instances of NH or MG running them at the same time?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: