Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:01:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm gathering all theories about Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 3531 times)
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 07:33:53 AM

I think Gavin Andresen could possibly be satoshi. Nobody would expect him to be hiding in plain sight.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Klodike69

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:41:07 AM

Max Keiser´s father.
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:14:41 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto: 哲史 中本 (traditionally this would be written as Nakamoto Satoshi, but never was; probably for a good reason)
Due to the way that character based languages work, it is possible to look at each individual character to try and better understand the meaning of the name 'Satoshi Nakamoto'. In this case, since the language is Japanese, we will look at the individual Kanji, and try and find the message hidden in their meanings.
哲 - Philosophic (prefix)
史 - History
中 - Inside
本 - Origin
So if we try and turn this into some sort of phrase, we might be able to get this:
[The] philosophic history [of Bitcoin is] inside [the] origin.
But what does that mean?
The phrase "philosophic history" is a tricky one, but if a "philosophic person" (哲人 - philosopher) is one who thinks about problems and existence, then maybe philosophic history refers to history that highlights problems and shows need for existence of something.
Then there is the phrase "inside the origin". This might refer to the origin of Bitcoin, which could be the genesis block.
As is turns out, there is a well known message encoded in the genesis block, which you can see for yourself by decoding the coinbase value in the raw block data:
"coinbase":"04ffff001d0104455468652054696d65732030332f4a616e2f32303039204368616e63656c6c6f7 2206f6e206272696e6b206f66207365636f6e64206261696c6f757420666f722062616e6b73"
The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banksthe date serves a secondary purpose of proving Bitcoin was not premined
So if we put this all together, I think that the name Satoshi Nakamoto means "the reason for the existence of Bitcoin is in the genesis block".
What do you think?
Sources:
http://jisho.org/
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block
http://blockexplorer.com/rawblock/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Also check out this article: http://www.fastcompany.com/1785445/bitcoin-crypto-currency-mystery-reopened

Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:42:26 AM

The CIA
Japanese names are presented with the surname first, this would make it Nakamoto Satoshi
In Japanese , Nakamoto means "central origin", while Satoshi means "clear thinking, quick witted,, wise", i.e intelligent. The name can therefore be translated to mean "Central Inteligent"
Smiley

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
Raek

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:47:02 PM

The CIA
Japanese names are presented with the surname first, this would make it Nakamoto Satoshi
In Japanese , Nakamoto means "central origin", while Satoshi means "clear thinking, quick witted,, wise", i.e intelligent. The name can therefore be translated to mean "Central Inteligent"
Smiley

Since Nakamoto Satoshi is a Japanese name, shouldn't that be Japanese Central Intelligence?  Unless you want to say it's romanji then it might be Gaigin Central Intelligence or perhaps, CIA in Japan. However, I haven't seen a single instance where the last name came first so it must instead mean, intelligence central, which suggests Satoshi is not American.

If Nakamoto means central origin or "Source" and Satoshi means "Wisdom", Shouldn't the name mean "Source of Wisdom" or simply "Source Code?"
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:50:58 PM

Satoshi is dead, he died in the tsunami in 2011 in Japan. End of story.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:44:54 PM

satoshi will never be found. it would ruin bitcoin. besides, he wouldn't want that kind of attention. the fame wouldn't be worth the trouble.  stay stealthy my friend.
Kaligulax

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:07:14 PM

The CIA
Smiley

Since Nakamoto Satoshi is a Japanese name, shouldn't that be Japanese Central Intelligence?  Unless you want to say it's romanji then it might be Gaigin Central Intelligence or perhaps, CIA in Japan. However, I haven't seen a single instance where the last name came first so it must instead mean, intelligence central, which suggests Satoshi is not American.

If Nakamoto means central origin or "Source" and Satoshi means "Wisdom", Shouldn't the name mean "Source of Wisdom" or simply "Source Code?"

Well i have one more theory:
Samsung, Toshiba, Nakamichi & Motorola:
 Four technology companies
 All based in Japan
 The four companies would definitely have enough knowledgable people working for them to create such a concept, and cover their tracks well

Cheesy

Kiki112

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:47:42 PM

The CIA
Smiley

Since Nakamoto Satoshi is a Japanese name, shouldn't that be Japanese Central Intelligence?  Unless you want to say it's romanji then it might be Gaigin Central Intelligence or perhaps, CIA in Japan. However, I haven't seen a single instance where the last name came first so it must instead mean, intelligence central, which suggests Satoshi is not American.

All based in Japan
 The four companies would definitely have enough knowledgable people working for them to create such a concept, and cover their tracks well

Cheesy

interesting theory but what's it in for them? Cheesy
and why would they choose to be anonymous?

Kaligulax

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:28:09 PM

The CIA
Smiley

Since Nakamoto Satoshi is a Japanese name, shouldn't that be Japanese Central Intelligence?  Unless you want to say it's romanji then it might be Gaigin Central Intelligence or perhaps, CIA in Japan. However, I haven't seen a single instance where the last name came first so it must instead mean, intelligence central, which suggests Satoshi is not American.

All based in Japan

Cheesy

interesting theory but what's it in for them? Cheesy
and why would they choose to be anonymous?

welll i can ask you: what's the creator of BTC having from that'Huh
anonymous... if you are anonymous you have more manipulation with users...

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:31:37 PM

Hello guys,

I'm gathering a list of theories on who Satoshi Nakamoto really is.
I intend to mix funny "theories" (or alleged theories) as well as more probable, serious ones.

[troll link deleted]

So far I only have one item in the list, please help me expand it!

Keyser Söze bitch.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:32:52 PM

I think Gavin Andresen could possibly be satoshi. Nobody would expect him to be hiding in plain sight.

It's possible but I don't think it's him that would be....strange that no one else has mentioned this.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Kiki112

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:33:50 PM

Hello guys,

I'm gathering a list of theories on who Satoshi Nakamoto really is.
I intend to mix funny "theories" (or alleged theories) as well as more probable, serious ones.

[troll link deleted]

So far I only have one item in the list, please help me expand it!

Keyser Söze bitch.

isn't he a fictional charachter?

you sound like your name is Jesse Cheesy

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:40:47 PM

What would be interesting is knowing why Satoshi Nakamoto wants to remain anonymous, one can only guess that it is for legal reasons and/or because he wants Bitcoin to be decentralised and free of his creator
I wonder what he is doing now and where he lives. If I have to guess he is still living in the same country where he was when he created Bitcoin, probably the same city as well and he is still doing mathematics, cryptography and informatic, trying to get Bitcoin adopted for the greater good

Thanks Nakamoto, my adress : 1247stFukbVxL8c6bYf5NWvaCR8p68EtTg I will give back 10% of what you send me in 10years, that would be worth way more than what you sent so it is a great deal for everyone

Kiki112

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:03:54 PM

What would be interesting is knowing why Satoshi Nakamoto wants to remain anonymous, one can only guess that it is for legal reasons and/or because he wants Bitcoin to be decentralised and free of his creator
I wonder what he is doing now and where he lives. If I have to guess he is still living in the same country where he was when he created Bitcoin, probably the same city as well and he is still doing mathematics, cryptography and informatic, trying to get Bitcoin adopted for the greater good

Thanks Nakamoto, my adress : 1247stFukbVxL8c6bYf5NWvaCR8p68EtTg I will give back 10% of what you send me in 10years, that would be worth way more than what you sent so it is a great deal for everyone

probably because the US govermant would think that Bitcoin is bad for the USD and have him arrested under false charges just like they did with Julian Assange but if it was the case with 4 well established companies as mentioned above, it would be a harder job

bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 09:48:06 PM

Nope. It was a few students [initially] + entire bitcoin community.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:13:31 PM

Proof?

bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:30:37 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 11:45:32 PM by bitmarket.io

Proof?

#AHA

The white paper is written with academic polish.

We're all part of an epic experiment. Wink
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:36:59 AM

He's Hiro from Heroes.

LOL

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:38:20 AM

The CIA
Smiley

All based in Japan

Cheesy

isn't samsung korean?  lol

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES