Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 06:03:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the biggest mistakes you've done with Bitcoin?  (Read 18163 times)
ashfer

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:01:21 AM

Not buying in bitcoins when i had funds to buy them and ending up loosing bitcoins when my system crashed as i did not have back up copy of private key and wallet address.

bxipp

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:03:40 AM

When i sell all my bitcoin when it still cheap and miss the train when it has being pump up. I loss almost triple from it actually price and that was annoy me to much.
godrey123

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:05:25 AM

As the topic says, What are the biggest mistakes you've done with Bitcoin?

I'm trying to gather just a list on things that have gone wrong. This can be terrible backup stories, client hacks, reversing at MtGox and such.
I don't want to gather a list of hacks of commercial sites in particular because there are plenty of information on that already.

I will post everything I find on this very simple website:
http://sites.google.com/site/whoissatoshi/bitcoin-mistakes

Don't be shy!

EDIT: Please add some context, interesting details etc to make it a nice story.
The biggest mistake taht I made in bitcoin is when I sold my bitcoins around $4000. I didn't actually though that its pruce would go upto $19000 dollars. I also regret selling my other coins and just a day after that its price juat tripled. It is just so frustrating.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:08:58 AM

I'm trying to gather just a list on things that have gone wrong. This can be terrible backup stories, client hacks, reversing at MtGox and such.
I don't want to gather a list of hacks of commercial sites in particular because there are plenty of information on that already.

Don't be shy!

The 2 biggest mistakes I made on bitcoins are not investing before and investing too early. The time I knew bitcoins was around 2012 when bitcoins before were really cheap. I did not even bother buying bitcoins before because I did not know how. Even if I did, I had no money with me. Recently, I made a too early investment. The thing is, whenever I invest on something, something bad usually happens. It did this time. When I invested a large amount of money on bitcoins, the price declined.

laracastvue

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:15:29 AM

Gamble about 150 BTC away around 5-10 dollar range.

Next biggest was to sell most of my coins on the way back up @ $26.

Gambling is very risky because you do not really know how their website works and you can become broke within just one day if you did not play well. I highly suggested that you should focus on trading rather than playing on betting sites because you have a higher probability to earn profit on the market.
codpku

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:55:23 AM

My biggest mistake that i've done with bitcoin was i'm to late to start this
And i don't hear my friend when they start it and now they already taste money from bitcoin
But thats okay to late than ever i think

Pei

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:10:49 AM

I have heard about this bitcoin technology back in 2010, but the biggest mistake i have done is  I did not get serious on to this bitcoin network back then, and that is a biggest loss in my when I got in the community the bitcoins have reached so high that it is not easy get even 1 bitcoin.
Lookjoz

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:17:34 AM

The biggest mistake I do not know about bitcoin, after I read and learn bitcoin is very good to be made a promising income.
Ram44

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 13, 2024, 07:22:18 PM

Don't be shy!

The worst thing is to forget the password to a wallet that has a lot and a little... 15 btc
Common-Sense007

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 14, 2024, 02:56:16 AM

I lost 10 BTC in MtGox exchange on 2014...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: