Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:57:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch 3 mistake, need your advice  (Read 2395 times)
Kárhozat (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:10:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime lurker, discovered bitcoin in 2011, finally registered last week after biting the bullet and ordering 2 85Gh Avalons.

I need your advice.  When I ordered the machines I accidentally entered the wrong zip code (I ordered it to my office address but absent-mindedly entered my home zip code).  Unfortunately the shipping address is not editable because they are trying to discourage the reselling of pre-orders somewhat.  I replied to my confirmation email and asked them to correct that field for me but I haven't heard back in over a week.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what is the best way to get in touch with Avalon?  They warn of limited customer service on their order site but I think it's reasonable to ask them to take a couple of minutes to help with this.  Wondering if anyone here has been able to communicate with them using a specific email address or by messaging to a particular user account here or on reddit.

And those of you who received batch 1 shipments through EMS, did you get an email notification when it shipped, and if so were there any options online to eg. hold it at a certain location for pickup?

Any advice would be welcome - thanks guys!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:59:56 PM

I think at this point I wouldn't worry about it until B3 start shipping in June/July.

Avalon has plenty of support tickets for B1 and B2 customers to be dealt with first.
Kárhozat (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:15:50 AM

I think at this point I wouldn't worry about it until B3 start shipping in June/July.
Their website still says Batch 3 ships starting May 5 - has that been officially pushed back to your knowledge?

Avalon has plenty of support tickets for B1 and B2 customers to be dealt with first.
Is there a webform for submitting support tickets?

Thx!
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:01:22 AM

Well Batch #2 has been pushed back to April 15th from the original date of what, March 5th to April 5th?, I'm just stating what I thought was obvious.  BFL is 6 months late I'll let Avalon be 1 month late  Smiley
Landstander

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:07:13 AM

Funny, I did the exact same thing. I looked around the forum and found a post that recommended the following (sorry, can't seem to find it atm):

Contact BitPay, explain what happened and ask them to change the zip code in your order. Also open a support ticket with Avalon and do the same.

1LnV7h5xrFQ98HNxctKaASbB4xRBccT5Gm     Thanks!
Kárhozat (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:21:10 AM

Contact BitPay, explain what happened and ask them to change the zip code in your order. Also open a support ticket with Avalon and do the same.
Thanks Landstander!  I have sent a token of appreciation to your signature address.

I heard back from Stephen at BitPay within a few hours.  Those guys are fantastic.  They changed the zip code in their records but said that BitSyncom would still have to change it in their order database for the shipment to be addressed properly.

Been waiting about a week for a response from BitSyncom.  Has their ticket system worked for anyone else?  I would imagine we're in a negative feedback loop by now as some people will tend to send multiple increasingly frantic messages after not hearing back, putting Yifu further into siege mentality.  I feel like we should start a donation fund so they can pay someone $25 an hour to go through the tickets.  Strange, I know, but these are extreme market conditions.  Anarcho-capitalists eat your heart out.
Landstander

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:43:15 AM

You're welcome, and thank you! First donation from the forum, very exciting Smiley

Agreed, BitPay is a quality operation.

I submitted a support ticket with Avalon and let them know that BitPay already made the change on their end. The ticket hasn't been picked up or anything, but I'm willing to stay patient until early May. I also PM'ed Yifu to no effect, but again I'll give him some breathing room while the Avalon team scrambles to get batch 2 out.

Post back here if and when Avalon updates your address, and I'll do the same!

Kárhozat (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:27:47 AM

Will do, thanks man!
Kárhozat (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:42:11 AM

Will do, thanks man!
Avalon has replied to my Batch 3 ticket and fixed my address typo.
Landstander

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:40:09 AM

Whoops, sorry, forgot to update the post! Avalon also finally replied to my ticket a few days ago and updated my address. Hopefully this means I'll be able to make ROI within this lifetime  Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: