Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:33:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting ahead of arriving miner parts... (with 25LTC bounty)  (Read 9560 times)
zif33rs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:48:54 PM

@zif33rs: Thanks for posting the result of the A10-5800k, I was considering this for a rig and that extra 150 sold me on it.

Yea..all and all very happy with the 5800k..its perfect for htc set ups.  At 1175mhz on that core as well..average hash is 132mh/s. Have been able to hit 5ghz overclocking. Runs at 4.7mhz at 1.4625v. Prime95 stable.

Got one system put together barebones with 1 card just to get Ubuntu installed and have it setup before dumping 5 more cards on to it.

I'm running into a problem with my GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard. I know the Sempron 145 CPUs are supposed to have a locked second core which is easily enabled by swapping out a setting in the BIOS to check for hidden locked cores on the chips. I enabled the setting and rebooted and after that the system just goes through endless reboots after always trying to get back into the BIOS settings on its own. It takes clearing the CMOS to get it to stop doing it.

I don't necessarily -NEED- the second core, but I would like to unlock it and have the system work if at all possible. I'm using the latest version of the BIOS already. Any tips or other settings I need to change? The manual doesn't show needing to do anything else. If I can't figure it out tomorrow, then I'm just going to leave it as is. I just like the idea of a free 2nd core. (:

-Moose

Why would you want a second core? It's only using extra power and doesn't add anything to mining.
I always underclock, undervolt and disable cores (if possible) on all rigs I have.

My AMD X6 1055T 2.8GHz is running at 0.9 Vcore and 5x multiplier (1000MHz) for less power consumption.

Not sure how true this is..and im sure many will jump in here with opinions but FWIW...I noticed a SLIGHT increase in the work done per minute when I have my cpu overclocked from 3.8ghz to 4.7ghz. My average per minute share goes from 18.7 to 19.5ish.  YMMV.

Moose...post some pics dude..cant wait to see. it.  Working on a deal for 3 6870's right now....another 900mh/s added to the farm I hope.  Smiley  *crosses fingers*

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shep80

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:28:21 PM

I can tell you what not to do.

Don't use cgminer w/ Ubuntu 12.04.

In short, AMD Catalyst 13.1 is what is easy to get on, although the developer doesn't suggest using newer versions. From what I gather, 12.8 seems to be one of the best (possibly 12.10). Both of these versions won't install on anything higer than XOrg 6.9 (if I remember correctly) and it's no easy task to downgrade X.

Right now I'm trying out Xubuntu 12.04 and hopefully it won't have the video driver problems that Ubuntu 12.04 has, if not I'll have to go to natty narwhal (Ubuntu 11.04) so I can run the old drivers. See below for a list of the most helpful guides I've found.

cgminer w/ Xubuntu 12.04 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gw7YPYgMgNNU42skibULbJJUx_suP_CpjSEdSi8_z9U/preview?sle=true
cgminer w/ Ubuntu 12.04 http://rdmsnippets.com/2013/03/20/bitcoin-mining-with-ubuntu-12-04-tls-and-cgminer/ (Great guide! doesn't work on my 4 card rig unfortunatly, maybe)
BFGminer w/ Ubuntu 12.04 https://deekayen.net/xubuntu-precise-bitcoin-mining (not terribly helpful, but good for testing)

I'm surprised you had issues with Ubuntu 12.04. I am running 12.04.2 LTS and am not having any issues (cgminer, Cat 13.1, 7950's). Where did you get hung up?
cptmooseinc (OP)

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:56:14 PM

Ubuntu is giving me tons of problems. Mostly because I just don't know Linux. I have almost all the dependencies installed, but can't figure out where to get the json-dev (not exact name) dependency to install to. I figured out how to pull it off of GitHub, but don't know which directory to be in to do it. Linux is definitely not for the faint of heart I'm seeing. Not exactly sure why programs have to be all spread and and needing compiled and shit. It's fucking ridiculous.

Have a hacked Win7 64bit OS torrenting right now that I'm about to attempt to swap over to as I'm running on empty trying to figure out how to get cgminer or bfgminer running.... Mostly it's just because I don't know the commands and how to compile all this shit and get the last two dependencies I need downloaded because they don't show in the Ubuntu Software search :-/

-Moose

The Moose's Tip Jar: BTC - 1HoTm9ZqrEmD5Tvs5qAdPM311agyN3eHra
LTC - LPg9svS4dcK5Kzy6HUoef8icrnDxED3ZVA
shep80

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:49:58 PM

Ubuntu is giving me tons of problems. Mostly because I just don't know Linux. I have almost all the dependencies installed, but can't figure out where to get the json-dev (not exact name) dependency to install to. I figured out how to pull it off of GitHub, but don't know which directory to be in to do it. Linux is definitely not for the faint of heart I'm seeing. Not exactly sure why programs have to be all spread and and needing compiled and shit. It's fucking ridiculous.

Have a hacked Win7 64bit OS torrenting right now that I'm about to attempt to swap over to as I'm running on empty trying to figure out how to get cgminer or bfgminer running.... Mostly it's just because I don't know the commands and how to compile all this shit and get the last two dependencies I need downloaded because they don't show in the Ubuntu Software search :-/

-Moose

OK, if it helps here is what I do for Ubuntu. First I install ubuntu server 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit. The only thing you actually need to enable on the install is ssh server (when it asks what services you want). The box will DHCP and get an IP as part of the install process.

Right after the install you no longer need a local monitor or keyboard, you can login via ssh.

SSH to the ubuntu box with ssh program of your choice (putty is a good free windows client).

Personally I now set the root password as I dislike sudo.

sudo bash
(type password for the account you created at login)
passwd root
(type new root password)

Then log back in as your user, then type "su" and enter the root password you just set.

Then add the following as root:

apt-get install screen
apt-get install emacs
apt-get install rcs
apt-get install bzip2
apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev
apt-get install libncurses5-dev
apt-get install pkg-config
apt-get install libtool
apt-get install xserver-xorg-core
apt-get install xinit
apt-get install make

Install Catalyst Drivers (I use 13.1 currently).
Reboot
Install AMD APP (I use 2.8 currently).
Reboot

aticonfig --list-adapters
(this should show a list of your install gnu cards)

aticonfig --adapter=all -f --initial

Download cgminer source. Uncompress and untar.

Download AMD ADL SDK, install *.h files into ADL_SDK dir in cgminer directory structure.

cd back into cgminer main directory

./configure

Ensure GPU support and ADL are detected.

make

Then start x (on another console or remote type "startx" as root).

./cgminer -n

You should see both of your cards.

Now run cgminer with appropriate config file and you are mining, ie:

./cgminer --config /path/to/your/file.conf

That's it! I do this all via remote scripts but it works fine typing the commands by hand as well.

cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:28:17 AM

No pics just yet. Rig is built with 1 GPU on it and I spent all day attempting to get bfgminer to work on that son of a bitch. Even worked with laSeek for hours through PM and finally threw in the towel. It was get ~620kH/s but only when trying to solve for SHA on a scrypt coin. When I loaded it as scrypt, the bastard was only getting 30kH/s.

So screw Linux, I'm loading Win7 now and getting TacoTime's GUIMiner port and going to see if that runs any better. I have no doubts it will. Once I get 1 card working fine, I'm putting the other 5 on the one rig and then I'll start with rig #2. It's been an annoying ass day...

kcobra

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:37:36 AM

You can skip the Windows 7 key during install. Then it will run for 30 days before it starts to nag. Nag is just that. Annoying popups that don't effect mining functionality. Will work fine even non-activated.

Best of luck to you. You are definitely taking some risk, especially if you are going to start renting office space. You will have Internet expense, greater risk of theft, etc. Have you though about how you are going to keep the miners going in the office if they lock up, power goes out, etc while you are at home? Just stuff to think about.
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:46:26 AM

I think this is just a sub-breaker box. I wouldn't know how to kill the power coming it to it to make the swap. I have a coworker that was an electrician for years. I may have him come look at it.

I just called a couple of places (one is a 45 second walk from my apartment) that would rent me an office for $900/mo. One has utilities included, but I made sure to mention how much electricity I'd use. He'd be willing to drop off the average tenant usage from the rent and just let me pay the electric bill. It would be a pretty sweet deal for 6 miners to start and an even better deal when I get all 20 miners in there. Going after this next week (I have training and will be out of town) to check them both out. One of the buildings for sure has some 240V lines in them with big nasty breakers so I could put a -LOT- more rigs in there. We'll see who ends up winning.

I've put a list together of supplies I need to go and buy this evening. Then I think I'm going to work on assembling the rack or whatever I decide to buy and start taking off the plastic covers from the GPUs and redoing the thermal paste on the heat-sinks.

Please make sure you consider cooling of the room(s) you plan on having epic rigs in. you will be producing a LOT of heat, and espescially with summer coming up you will need to factor in how much AC capability is around or if you happen to be in a very cool environment, if you have the ability to have some very powerful window fans to keep the place ventilated.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:02:46 AM

Swapped over to Windows and after a few installs and upgrades I had 1 GPU miner at 542kH/s with TacoTime's GUIMiner port (using cgminer and not reaper)!!!

Currently I have the GPU settings at 1175/1000 +10 power and an intensity of 20 (based on TacoTime's high usage defaults). I found the sweet spot for me on bfgminer under Linux was I=13, but I can't seem to figure out how to calculate the Thread Concurrency rate to adjust it down for a lower intensity and try different settings. I've seen this thing do 620kH/s under Linux/bfgminer, so I just need to figure out now how to tweak the intensity some and see what it produces.

Also, is there a tool I can download to monitor temps? I can't see the temps with MSI's AfterBurner it looks like, so I'd like to at least make sure this thing is staying at a decent temp. With it running at 100% earlier and an additional fan pointed at it, I was getting low 70C temps. So far I see a tip going towards TacoTime and laSeek both separate from this bounty. Help me get up to 610+kH/s using GUIMiner (don't care if I have to switch to reaper over cgminer) and I'll tip you the 25LTC bounty once it's hashed.

Tomorrow will be all about disassembling GPUs, reapplying better thermal paste, and then installing them (w/ no shroud) into this first rig. If there's time left, I'll build rig #2. About to go on some Rope Access training for some upcoming offshore work, so I won't get to play with my toys for a whole week. I want at least 1 rig generating LTC while I'm gone. (:

-Moose

tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 05:12:48 AM

If I unlock the 4th core on my cpu it will bluescreen shortly after booting. Most of the time they are disabled because they didn't pass testing at standard clock speeds.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
BitHits

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 06:56:44 AM

A friend of mine suggests against the Motherboard cited in original post. Apparently the slots are too close together to fix x3 dual slot cards. Something to keep in mind when shopping around, Could fit 2x dual slot and then a single slot...

Free BTC http://beta.BitHits.info BTC 1DNNERMT5MMusfYnCBfcKCBjBKZWBC5Lg2 DGC DH2Pm4VXxsTeqUYZkEySU1c8p5TLvuLe8u LTC LP2QiL1pnsaKVX5Qa811pFJuFL8FxkxWRz
cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:37:40 PM

I have riser cables so I can fit 6 GPUs on this board. I don't have them attached to the board directly.

kcobra

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:05:12 PM

IMO, you should be getting those GPU's online instead of worrying about better thermal paste, etc. BTW, make sure you have something like Teamviewer or Logmein installed on each mining rig. You will be able to login remotely to restart the miners, etc. Of course if the power blinks 5 minutes after you walk out the door for a week you are kind of screwed. Logmein does have the ability to start up PC's that are powered off. I assume it has something to do with the wake-up packet. It's worked maybe 50% for me although I have not really investigated how to make it work reliably. Probably something that you should get working.
cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:38:14 PM

It does no good to get the GPUs online before getting better thermal paste on as they'll run cooler and it'll prolong the life of the card. Thanks for the tip on the remote login. I definitely planned on getting something but wasn't sure which one it'd be yet.

I forgot to change the power settings in Windows last night before going to be and the computer went to sleep after a half hour. It's back up and running now. I can't seem to get GUIMiner (running cgminer) to get above 542kH/s. I tried getting bfgminer to work, but it won't let me drop the memclock below 1250 (I want it to be 1000) unless the GPU engine is at 1000 as well. I'm trying to have engine 1175 mem 1000. I may attempt running cgminer directly and seeing if it will let me tweak the settings.

When I was running Ubuntu, bfgminer let me set the engine to 1175 and the mem to 1000 and I was getting 620kH/s. Not sure why it won't when I'm on Windows. Any suggestions? I might try taking the line out from the startup command for trying to preset the engine and memclock.

-Moose

kcobra

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:48:40 PM

For scrypt mining (LTC, etc) you don't drop the memory. If anything you increase the memory and drop the GPU core. Depending on your card you want a specific core to memory ratio. For my 7970's that is 945 core, 1575 mem. Once I did that my KH went from the low 500's to ~650kh.

BTW, aftermarket thermal paste does very little in the grand scheme of things. Cards will last forever with the stock paste. It anything it is the fans that will go out while mining. If it is a choice between applying thermal paste to rig #1 or getting rig #2 up and running before you leave for a week, getting rig #2 running is by far the best option.
zif33rs

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:54:41 PM

Hey moose...from what Ive read mining with scrypt is just the opposite of sha256.  bitcoin = massive gpu core clocks litecoin = massive gpu memory clocks. my 7950s will run for sure at 1500mhz and I hear up to 1900mhz  I think the 1700ish range should be pretty easy to reach.

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 09:55:35 PM

Rig #1 is online with 5 cards running on GUIMiner for LTC. Can't get card #6 online because the LEPA 1600W PSU I bought doesn't have enough power cables for it. Going to order a molex->PCI-e cable to get that one working. All cards are running 500kH/s+ each with just using GUIMiner's "high usage" settings for the 7950.

Question, can I create 1 miner and have it set to 5 GPU threads and it will utilize all 5 GPUs on that 1 miner thread? I currently have 5 different miner tabs inside GUIMiner with each GPU selected individually. Next week I'll stop using GUIMiner and actually go into cgminer and play around so hopefully I can change the engine/memclock settings and get each GPU pushing over 600kH/s.

Also, I think I need something bigger than the 7" Honeywell fan I bought to put on each rig. It's doing well for now, but I don't think it's quite big enough for the milk crate miner to span all 6 cards.

-Moose

cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:43:24 AM

What's an acceptable level of stales when running LP instead of stratum? I'm on give-me-ltc and getting around 5% for my first rig. I haven't optimized anything yet and I think they're still having trouble with their stratum server so that's why I'm not on it yet. Just want to know so when I come back next week I can tweak everything and make sure to get it down to an acceptable level.

-Moose

Ryu.Hayabusa

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:08:33 PM

I have anywhere from 3% to 10% depending on the pool.

If I was able to help you out, please consider donating.  Any amount is greatly appreciated! Smiley         
LTC LYxUfCXVHVkBv2S8H21NK6UnFnXmNaVqv6   XRP rHAYiZ3f7QGLa4qsVPjLsVEmwUQ9nSMq86
rbbrdckybk

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:24:01 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 03:44:04 PM by rbbrdckybk

Moose, if you're still considering using linux, I have some instructions that might help you. I just set up a mining rig last week with 3x 7950s. I'm getting about 620 kH/sec on each card with modest overclocks (no overvolting). I documented my entire installation process and sent these instructions to two friends with zero linux experience, and they were able to get up and running on their own boxes in a matter of hours.

IMO, linux gives you a few advantages: you don't need a HDD (a $5 USB stick works just fine), better remote administration capabilities, better stability (subjective perhaps, but cgminer has been running for just over 1 week now with zero issues for me on linux, and my single stock-clocked 7950 sitting in a windows desktop crashes cgminer about once a day).

Anyway, here are the instructions I sent my friends. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

1) Configure BIOS settings:

- disable everything we're not using (audio, serial port, firewire, etc)
   - change power options to automatically start system whenever power is restored (in case power goes out while you're away, also makes it easier to power on with no switch...)
   - make sure that USB flash stick is first in boot order

2) Install Xubuntu desktop x64 from temporarily-connected CD drive (or another USB stick) to your USB stick

- get the installation image here:  http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/ubuntu-iso/CDs-Xubuntu/12.10/release/xubuntu-12.10-desktop-amd64.iso
   - use 8GB+ USB stick, partition 5500mb for root (/), 315mb for swap, and the remaining amount for home (/home)
   - make sure to check auto-login box during install
   - boot into desktop when done

3) Install AMD Catalyst drivers:

(open terminal)

sudo apt-get install fglrx-updates fglrx-amdcccle-updates fglrx-updates-dev
   sudo aticonfig --lsa
   sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial
   sudo reboot

(after reboot, check that everything works:)

sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --odgt

(you should see all of your cards with hardware monitoring enabled)

*Important: you will likely need to have something plugged into each video card to prevent the OS from idling it. The easiest way to do this is to make a dummy plug for each card. Instructions:
   http://www.overclock.net/t/384733/the-30-second-dummy-plug

If you add/remove video cards later, re-run this:   sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial

4) Install SSH, curl, & update all packages

sudo apt-get install openssh-server byobu

(the rest can be done via SSH if you wish - make sure to forward port 22 on your firewall to the box if you want to connect from outside your network)
   (As for an SSH client, I recommend Putty - you can copy each of the remaining commands and then right-click them into your putty window instead of typing them manually)

sudo apt-get install curl
   sudo apt-get update
   sudo apt-get upgrade

5) Install CGMiner:

wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-2.11.4-x86_64-built.tar.bz2
   tar jxvf cgminer-2.11.4-x86_64-built.tar.bz2

(optional - delete the archive)
      rm *.bz2

(optional - check if cgminer detects all GPUs properly:)
      cd cgminer-2.11.4-x86_64-built
      export DISPLAY=:0
      export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
      ./cgminer -n

6) Create cgminer startup script:

nano mine_litecoins.sh

(enter the following into the editor:)

#!/bin/sh   
      export DISPLAY=:0
      export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
      export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
      cd /home/[your xubuntu username]/cgminer-2.11.4-x86_64-built
      ./cgminer --scrypt -I 19 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 21712 --auto-fan -o stratum+tcp://notroll.in:3333 -u [your notroll.in workername] -p 12345 --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u [your coinotron workername] -p 12345

(save the file & quit nano)

chmod +x mine_litecoins.sh

7) Create auto-start scripts

nano miner_launcher.sh

(enter the following into the editor:)

#!/bin/bash
   DEFAULT_DELAY=0
   if [ "x$1" = "x" -o "x$1" = "xnone" ]; then
      DELAY=$DEFAULT_DELAY
   else
      DELAY=$1
   fi
   sleep $DELAY
   su [your xubuntu username] -c "screen -dmS cgm /home/[your xubuntu username]/mine_litecoins.sh"  

(save the file & quit nano)

chmod +x miner_launcher.sh

Add this line to /etc/rc.local :

/home/[your xubuntu username]/miner_launcher.sh 30 &

(will need to run nano as sudo, put the line above "exit 0")

8. Create an alias to easily check on cgminer:

sudo nano .bashrc

scroll to the end of the file and add these lines above the line that reads "# enable programmable completion ..."

alias monitor_cgminer='screen -x cgm'

(note that you'll need to restart your SSH connection for this to take effect)

9) Management/info:

- The miner will autostart after 30 seconds after linux is booted every time the box is powered on.
- If you want to monitor output, SSH into the box and type "monitor_cgminer" at any time to jump to cgminer's screen output. When you're done, hit ctrl-A, ctrl-D to leave the screen session (and leave cgminer running on the box).
- use ./miner_launcher.sh to manually start the miner (if you kill it, or quit out of it, etc)

- Info on cgminer's various settings is here (scroll down):  https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BC1BgMbaHFWArSHxTCNjTTFCeWt2pD9LRU
cptmooseinc (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:59:25 AM

rbbrdckybk,

If I have a few days off after training this week (before going offshore), I may give it another try. I had my #3 card go down in Windows and I'm not able to diagnose right now. Runs for a couple of mins and then the driver errors on it and GUIMiner says it crashes. Then the card only runs at 16kH/s until the program is restarted. It was fine yesterday for 18 hours until a power outage today. My lady got the other cards running and just has #3 stopped. Once I can check it out Saturday, I'll try and figure out what's up.

Either way, thanks for the tips. If I don't try it for rig #2, I definitely will by rig #6. Linux was interesting, but I need these things returning cash and Windows is quicker. GUIMiner isn't ideal, but I plan on attempting cgminer CLI or bfgminer in Windows again first. My lady needs to be able to take care of the rigs when I'm offshore, so Windows is ideal as she does ok in it but would take some teaching for Linux.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: