Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:08:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do altcoins sell for different prices?  (Read 1199 times)
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:11:34 AM

Sometimes depends on the popularity of an altcoin, best example is Dogecoin no matter how large the coin supply the community stands behind it and makes it very valuable price wise.
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:30:30 PM

different coins have their own values and depending on demand and supply, if you people take interest in an altcoin they like to buy it and so the demand increase which really increase the value of that coins.
Alternative

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:10:34 PM

That's simple : altcoins have close-to-nothing intrasecal value, so all the rest is up to who has money and will to give them that price.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 01:10:54 PM

I’m new to altcoins. Just understanding what a Bitcoin is took me awhile. Now I’ve hit another wall. How can some altcoins, like DASH for example, sell for $10.00 and one like Vcash sell for $0.23? I don’t get it.

Is there some inherent market difference in what each altcoin is capable of or it is just a matter of who’s brand name sells the best? I mean if all altcoins are based on the original Bitcoin software, with slight changes, how can there be a such a large difference in price between them? Why can’t Bitcoin suffice to fill the needs of all money transactions around the world that these secondary altcoins do? Do we need them? Why?

Like I said, I'm new to this altcoin market. It makes no sense to me to have more than one altcoin than it does to have multiple currencies.
Explain . . .

Thanks
Woodford

Nowadays actually, most altcoin is using mining that's the reason why there is different prices. LIke ETH is using mining, perhaps its one of the reason it became 0.01 btc something the price of eth. meaning, obviously they investors who rent there mining. please correct me if I'm wrong.
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 01:15:09 PM

That's simple : altcoins have close-to-nothing intrasecal value, so all the rest is up to who has money and will to give them that price.

Yeah it's something very simple. Because all of the trading system are definitely looking for profits, so if there are people who are trading already ascertained they seek profits by playing the existing prices. So, this is something that is very reasonable, so everything you say actually doesn't have to be asked. Altcoin is the currency of the bitcoin amplifier and he just to give color to the growth of the bitcoin
Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 05:16:19 PM

I’m new to altcoins. Just understanding what a Bitcoin is took me awhile. Now I’ve hit another wall. How can some altcoins, like DASH for example, sell for $10.00 and one like Vcash sell for $0.23? I don’t get it.

Is there some inherent market difference in what each altcoin is capable of or it is just a matter of who’s brand name sells the best? I mean if all altcoins are based on the original Bitcoin software, with slight changes, how can there be a such a large difference in price between them? Why can’t Bitcoin suffice to fill the needs of all money transactions around the world that these secondary altcoins do? Do we need them? Why?

Like I said, I'm new to this altcoin market. It makes no sense to me to have more than one altcoin than it does to have multiple currencies.
Explain . . .

Thanks
Woodford

Why does a stone on the floor cost nothing but a piece of gold worth alot ? Mining difficulty. Supply and demand. Google it. There more rare something is the more it is worth. I thought you would know this by now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print