Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:11:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Bitcoin, Cannot access address  (Read 1072 times)
tom26 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:29:37 AM

Hey guys, would appreciate some help here.

Once Armory FINALLY finishes all 3 steps to go online I get ArmoryQt.exe has stopped working and the application closes. I reinstalled Armory and now I have another 17 hour wait on my hands. I was wondering if there was anything else I can do to either speed up the bitcoin engine or avoid this problem altogether.

Also, does it matter I have yet to access my wallet? I posted the address for someone to send coins to me but I have yet to even go online and see if they are available.

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dArkjON

Activity: 683
Merit: 513

http://bitcoin-engrave.com/ & https://bitcore.cc

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 11:22:15 AM

Once Armory FINALLY finishes all 3 steps to go online I get ArmoryQt.exe has stopped working and the application closes. I reinstalled Armory and now I have another 17 hour wait on my hands. I was wondering if there was anything else I can do to either speed up the bitcoin engine or avoid this problem altogether.

Also, does it matter I have yet to access my wallet? I posted the address for someone to send coins to me but I have yet to even go online and see if they are available.

thanks

If you have any opportunity to export your private key you can use it on any other Wallet solutions. Try Mycelium or coinb.in to access Funds if you have the Key. the dont need to Sync with the Server because they every time uptodate.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 12:27:22 PM

What version of Armory are you using? Can you please post the log files?

thanks
You can always receive Bitcoin when you are offline. Your wallet does not need to be online because nothing is actually sent to it.

If you have any opportunity to export your private key you can use it on any other Wallet solutions. Try Mycelium or coinb.in to access Funds if you have the Key. the dont need to Sync with the Server because they every time uptodate.
Please don't post when you don't know what you are talking about. There is no "the server" to sync with. Bitcoin is s decentralized network.

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 12:48:34 PM

Best practice is to get Armory online first, then provide addresses to receive funds. Otherwise you will find yourself in a situation where you have funds in your wallet but are possibly several days away from being able spend them because you are missing some 100GB worth of data.

tom26 (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:44:38 PM

thanks
[/quote]
You can always receive Bitcoin when you are offline. Your wallet does not need to be online because nothing is actually sent to it.

I am unable to see the balance in the wallet to even see if the funds have been deposited. I know which address in the wallet is supposed to receive the funds. I would really like to access these funds ASAP. I'm going to post the log files right now in a separate message. What can I do to access these coins today? Armory says I still have 9 hours left  Sad
tom26 (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:04:09 PM

ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
2016-10-09 22:04 (ERROR) -- SDM.pyc:883 - ValueError in bkgd req top blk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SDM.pyc", line 857, in __backgroundRequestTopBlock
  File "bitcoinrpc_jsonrpc\authproxy.pyc", line 104, in __call__
  File "json\__init__.pyc", line 351, in loads
  File "json\decoder.pyc", line 366, in decode
  File "json\decoder.pyc", line 384, in raw_decode

the log files have this over and over
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 08:11:37 PM

I am unable to see the balance in the wallet to even see if the funds have been deposited. I know which address in the wallet is supposed to receive the funds. I would really like to access these funds ASAP. I'm going to post the log files right now in a separate message. What can I do to access these coins today? Armory says I still have 9 hours left  Sad
You will not be able to see the balance until the wallet is fully synced. All you can do is wait for Armory to sync. Your Bitcoin is safe.

What version of Armory are you using? It sounds like you are using one of the older versions which took a long time to sync.

the log files have this over and over
That happens every so often. It means that Armory is unable to get a response from the rpc server. This does not really matter though and Armory will still work fine with those errors.

tom26 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:07:56 AM

Is there anyway to move the coins to a wallet I can access?
tom26 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:10:23 PM

I'm using version .93.3 bta
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 02:13:30 PM

I'm using version .93.3 bta
Use 0.94.1. Get it from https://btcarmory.com/0.94.1-release/

Is there anyway to move the coins to a wallet I can access?
You could export all the private keys and import them into another wallet. Or you can just wait. 0.94.1 will build the databases much much faster than 0.93.3 so if you upgrade, you should be online much sooner.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: