Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:40:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bets of Bitcoin and the Outcome of the BFL Shipping Bet  (Read 1662 times)
GoWest (OP)

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:13:59 AM

As a result of the decision made by betsofbitco.in in this thread, I believe I have no choice but to remove betsofbitco.in from the betwithbtc.com directory.

This was the bet:

This bet concerns the 3 Butterfly Labs Bitforce SC products announced here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87934.msg966886#msg966886

For this statement to be false, both of the two following conditions must be met:

• Before April 1st 2013, at least one BFL customer with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate. This customer cannot be a BFL employee.

• The device must achieve at least 75% of its advertised hashrate.

This was the decision:

We have carefully examined both sides of the argument. First of all, on our site title is definitely part of the agreement. We do not count the current status as BFL "shipping" the products, therefore other bets are still open. On the other hand the conditions in the description are met. Unfortunately the statement description, as it is written, can be interpreted as complementary conditions to shipping for more clear evidence or the definition of shipping. As much as we would like to settle the bet on one side (as we would earn a significant commission) we do not think that the situation is unambiguous under these circumstances which would be very hard to foresee at the time of statement initiation. As we have been doing before, we will continue to call a draw if there is a such an ambiguity. All the bets will be refunded without any commission.

The reason why I'm contesting this is because it was never shipped.

It's quite obvious that steps were taken to ensure a certain side of the bet was won, via a technicality. Anyone in their right mind who understood the spirit of the wording in the bet would have awarded the "will not ship" side.

Unbelievable.  Sad

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:26:10 AM

I have started a scam accusation thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=165500.0

they have already paid out all the bets as a draw.

coinjedi & betsofbitco.in are plain scammers.  He let BFL pressure him into declaring a draw.  LukeJr. played BFL's pawn to ensure this. 

shameful.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:26:24 AM

Seems fair! Dodgey, dodgey, dodgey Sad
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:56:47 AM

What a bunch of bullshit.

Clearly, this site can't be trusted.  They'll blatantly rig a bet to do a favor for whatever reason.  Only an abject moron or a scammer could possibly call this a draw.

Fuck this site.
hashcode

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:30:44 PM

Shocker! Their "withdraw" link isn't working right now. I can't even get out my "returned" bet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: