Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:58:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the Part Where We Take the Wall Streeters' Money  (Read 2660 times)
Zangelbert Bingledack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:36:08 AM

If we can just HOLD on to the reins of a rampaging bull about to kick into massive overdrive.

All the best, Gentlemen. See you on the other side.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Faraday

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:36:47 AM

Aren't they sleeping right now?  Tongue
zif33rs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:37:29 AM

I totally agree. Its going to be one hell of a ride thru the summer I'm thinking.

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:39:26 AM

We'll see knife-downs aplenty, but it looks like we're going for a giant planetary expansion punctuated by a big bubble top at the end (pricked fairly early if we're lucky)
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 06:40:38 AM

If we can just HOLD on to the reins of a rampaging bull about to kick into massive overdrive.

This is where it gets fun. There are a bunch of Silicon Valley VCs and Wall Streeters who want to take multi-million dollar positions in Bitcoin. The Bitcoin market is currently waaaaaay too small to absorb these types of funds flows. Those who hold bitcoin likely do not need to sell because they have been paid for in full. Thus, supply for sale can be greatly reigned in.

And use the fact that they, along with all the new average users, are competing with each other to your advantage. For new users the price is irrelevant for transactional demand because people just buy the bitcoins to spend them and the utility of transferring value privately is all that matters. It is only speculative demand where the price matters.

So make these SV and WS speculators pay dearly, as in like $1000's per bitcoin, for any bitcoins they get. Do not let them take any sizable positions cheaply. Be the beneficiary of the wealth transfer.

Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:46:28 AM

We'll see knife-downs aplenty, but it looks like we're going for a giant punctuated by a big bubble top at the end (pricked fairly early if we're lucky)

What are you talking about? Why are we looking for a big bubble top? *scratches head*
I remember thinking your posts are usually relatively rational.

Later. Not now. First a huge, legitimate, only slightly frothy run-up. A run that large is likely to end in a bubble, but that's just par for the course. Right now I think we are only in a very mildly bubbly situation that will look like nothing compared to what's coming. It is inevitable to have some froth when price runs up so fast and consistently, even if that run is for legit reasons. That froth will only build, even as legit reasons build as well. It'll be a mix; a very profitable mix.

To be clear, I expect that "popped bubble" to bring us down to a price much higher than where we are now.

Bad news is the only thing that could stop this, but of course bad news is always in the cards.
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:53:15 AM

Holding Cool
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:56:21 AM

We'll see knife-downs aplenty, but it looks like we're going for a giant punctuated by a big bubble top at the end (pricked fairly early if we're lucky)

What are you talking about? Why are we looking for a big bubble top? *scratches head*
I remember thinking your posts are usually relatively rational.

Later. Not now. First a huge, legitimate, only slightly frothy run-up. A run that large is likely to end in a bubble, but that's just par for the course. Right now I think we are only in a very mildly bubbly situation that will look like nothing compared to what's coming. It is inevitable to have some froth when price runs up so fast and consistently, even if that run is for legit reasons. That froth will only build, even as legit reasons build as well. It'll be a mix; a very profitable mix.

To be clear, I expect that "popped bubble" to bring us down to a price much higher than where we are now.

Bad news is the only thing that could stop this, but of course bad news is always in the cards.

Why not a sustained, semi-exponential rise with many smaller corrections along the way? We can all win this way. Also, no sour taste in the mouth and angry bad vibes from newbs who buy at the top of said bubble.
We have been dealing with the negative externalities of the first mega over hyped bubble crash for the past 2 years..

That is sort of what I meant. A big bubble from, say $600 (big froth starts) to $5000 (froth dissipates + panic selling), popping back down to $400 (and continuing the exponential rise again) would be the type of thing I'm talking about.

Note: These numbers are pretty arbitrary.
Also: Time horizon is the next few weeks and months, barring any major bad news.
And also: Confidence level: Hunch Cheesy
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 06:57:58 AM

I'm in! but let dwolla clear for me this afternoon real quick!  Grin
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:58:42 AM

I personally believe that US Americans are not yet aware of the full scale impact that Bitcoin will have on the world so we could be looking at 1000 $  per BTC by May
Mark Oates

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:06:33 AM

I personally believe that US Americans are not yet aware of the full scale impact that Bitcoin will have on the world so we could be looking at 1000 $  per BTC by May
That's so true.  You can just look at the tenor and lack of research in recent news reports.

But, I've also noticed that this time around, there's a bigger batch of people who now understand it, and another new batch of newbs (mainstream media) with the same "criticisms" (misunderstandings) that we've all heard before.  This seems to be a cycle as the bitcoin sphere expands further and further out.
bomboclat77

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:08:00 AM

That's so true.  You can just look at the tenor and lack of research in recent news reports.

But, I've also noticed that this time around, there's a bigger batch of people who now understand it, and another new batch of newbs (mainstream media) with the same "criticisms" (misunderstandings) that we've all heard before.  This seems to be a cycle as the bitcoin sphere expands further and further out.
I personally believe the U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh...people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and...I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., err, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our..

BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:11:56 AM

I personally believe the U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh...people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and...I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., err, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our..

That's easy for you to say...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:19:31 AM

I don't want to take someone else's money, I want to pay regular stuff with BTC. Wall Street adoption serves that purpose.

lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:21:47 AM

I don't want to take someone else's money, I want to pay regular stuff with BTC. Wall Street adoption serves that purpose.

You will end up doing both and the guy whos money padded your pocket will likely be happy he did so, just so long as he gets in early enough.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:30:14 AM

Planetary shift.
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:32:00 AM

Planetary landgrab
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:35:30 AM

http://www.businessinsider.com/colas-clients-think-bitcoin-is-a-bubble-2013-4

Quote from: Colas
The reaction from clients has been pretty uniform: it must be a bubble. Too far, too fast, too new … you get the idea.  Moreover, it’s very hard to short Bitcoins, so there’s no real way to express that pessimistic point of view, which is saving a lot of people some real money, since Bitcoin has some solid momentum just now.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/colas-clients-think-bitcoin-is-a-bubble-2013-4#ixzz2PNqjlzo2

I think a few of the smarter guys are catching on Wink "It must be a bubble don't buy don't buy" hahahaha
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 05:33:22 PM

Cheesy from a friend's correspondence
ardana123

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:09:33 PM