Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:47:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, THIS IS FUCKING INSANE  (Read 9988 times)
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:04:41 PM

I've been in this exact situation before . . . in 2011. Look at the log chart above. In terms of percentage gains, the run-up then was MORE dramatic (though this one may get bigger at some point).

I remember my friends and family all told me to sell at $30. I didn't. Then during the long decline they were all shaking their heads and saying "I told you so - sell before you lose it all". I just smiled and held on.

Even now, I'm not rich (I only ever invested $200). I wish I could have talked my wife into a bigger investment then, but I'm not complaining. That $200 has been the best investment of my life.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:26:51 PM

I've been in this exact situation before . . . in 2011. Look at the log chart above. In terms of percentage gains, the run-up then was MORE dramatic (though this one may get bigger at some point).

I remember my friends and family all told me to sell at $30. I didn't. Then during the long decline they were all shaking their heads and saying "I told you so - sell before you lose it all". I just smiled and held on.

Even now, I'm not rich (I only ever invested $200). I wish I could have talked my wife into a bigger investment then, but I'm not complaining. That $200 has been the best investment of my life.

We all look back and wished we invested more, or didn't sell so much. However, you have to look on the positives. Bitcoin is growing not just in price but in popularity. Soon it will be a payment option everywhere and that's something to be happy about.

BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:49:46 PM

So, MT fucking Gox was down for a few hours, and you'd think that panic might set in at least temporarily, you know, the usual flash dip...
so far it's showing resistance at 135...
I think we'll see 160 today at some point!
Fasten your seat belts!
I agree... and most people who signed up with Gox in the past two weeks haven't even bought in yet. $500 here we come withing two weeks!

- aka The "DigiMan"
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:13:42 PM

So, MT fucking Gox was down for a few hours, and you'd think that panic might set in at least temporarily, you know, the usual flash dip...
Fasten your seat belts!
I agree... and most people who signed up with Gox in the past two weeks haven't even bought in yet. $500 here we come withing two weeks!

Fuck no, give me a dip, I want my coins back !  (only a small percentage for dip trading, I am not so stupid to sell a large amount)
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:16:57 PM

Fasten your seat belts!

Fuck no, give me a dip, I want my coins back !  (only a small percentage for dip trading, I am not so stupid to sell a large amount)

You bailed on the rocket? But you were steering the damn thing!

Now me and Chalkbot are flying into the sun with no pilot. You're the only one with thumbs for God's sake!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1093

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:20:05 PM

On an investment PoV :
1 to 10 is the same as 10 to 100 and the same as 100 to 1000.

No, "100 to 1000" requires 10 times of USD than "10 to 100". Who is going to pay the extra USD?

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:21:24 PM

On an investment PoV :
1 to 10 is the same as 10 to 100 and the same as 100 to 1000.

No, "100 to 1000" requires 10 times of USD than "10 to 100". Who is going to pay the extra USD?

Investment POV != Market POV

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:37:57 PM

Now me and Chalkbot are flying into the sun with no pilot. You're the only one with thumbs for God's sake!

Haha, Spiff will always find himself in these types of situations. That's just what the guy lives for! I'm sure he's clinging to the tail fin of the ship right now, planning his death-defying stunt that has him return to the cockpit with 500 dead bears in his wake.

Personally, I think the sun might be a giant shining bitcoin, so I won't stop smiling no matter what happens!
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2117

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:42:06 PM

Calm down, the govt is printing it as fast as they can....

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:49:37 PM

Calm down, the govt is printing it as fast as they can....

I know you're joking, but a fun fact; The Fed prints about 2.83 billion a day, so a single days worth of printing put toward bitcoin would quadruple the entire bitcoin market cap.
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:50:34 PM

Bitcoin isn't OJ or coffee- It's something you can't compare to almost anything. As far as investments it's maybe more like Apple stock ( look at the price in 1984 and today....)
Yea, just like Apple stock, except instead of chinese kids in sweat shops, there are mining rigs in pools, and instead of shiny designs, you have solid math.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:42:49 PM

Do you think the early investors of microsoft or other huge .coms felt the same way?

Moreover bitcoin is so new it really is like investing in Microsoft before they even had a listing on an exchange....

tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:49:24 PM

Even for a bull like myself, who's in dreamland right now and seriously considering selling just because I don't really know how am I going to play out the transfer of my money back to my accounts, this is plain insanity.
I have never seen this kind of sustained growth in any financial tool... not in commodities ( I used to trade coffee and OJ), not in silver/dollar much less in stocks minus some penny stocks that shouldn't be counted (Hello Granny Mae!!!)
Although many people call this a bubble, while I call it a correction, there is no doubt that there's a lot of speculation and people buying coins to hoard them and to speculate the price will continue to rise. I just cannot believe how the price has gone from $101, (on April 2nd at 6:43:15 GMT) when I bought 0.5 using money from a relative and I only bought 0.5 because I was somewhat skeptical and I was waiting for a small dip to get in, to a whooping $136 in about 24hrs!!!
That is just plain ridiculous and sorry if I sound like a moronic bear but it's insane to think differently about it.
So, where do we go from here? when are we hitting $200?
I read other posts about hittin $1000 this year and I was skeptical about it, but who's to say it isn't possible?

Maybe convert some of your bitcoins into gold and silver bars so you don't have to worry about it getting transferred back into your bank accounts (yet) Smiley

http://www.coinabul.com
Gordonium

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:52:28 PM

Do you think the early investors of microsoft or other huge .coms felt the same way?

Moreover bitcoin is so new it really is like investing in Microsoft before they even had a listing on an exchange....

Yep. Most of people here don't seem to realize that despite all the media attention lately, most of the people haven't even heard about Bitcoin. There is so much money possible to pour into Bitcoins in the future that it is hard to even imagine.
tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:56:30 PM

most of us are mad we didn't put more disposable income wasted on crap like video games into bitcoin.

This. Smiley
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:32:14 PM

Now, for me, the longer I hold them the stronger my hands get.

Until the price tanks and you lose everything.  Undecided

Seriously people, there is nothing wrong with locking in profit....until then your unrealized gains are worth exactly zero.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:36:44 PM

I've already made my call $250/BTC by April 30, 2013.

Might be conservative.

Dude I'm a fucking atheist but nobody makes money this fast and this easy without going to some sort of hell....

Don't worry. It will crash. And then skyrocket again. Market is still too small and exchanges too weak to sustain this parabolic growth.

But who cares. Speculators will come and go. But more people will start to understand bitcoin and it will rise stronger than before.

Every crash/dip is a buying opportunity.

Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:50:40 PM

Haha, Spiff will always find himself in these types of situations. That's just what the guy lives for! I'm sure he's clinging to the tail fin of the ship right now, planning his death-defying stunt that has him return to the cockpit with 500 dead bears in his wake.

Personally, I think the sun might be a giant shining bitcoin, so I won't stop smiling no matter what happens!

Spaceman Spiff returns to the cockpit with the bounty for zapping the not-so-dreaded bearosaurs of the planet Incredulia.  Mission accomplished, our hero high-fives his trusted cockpit-mates and relaxes for the rest of the rocket's journey.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:09:12 PM

I know you're joking, but a fun fact; The Fed prints about 2.83 billion a day, so a single days worth of printing put toward bitcoin would quadruple the entire bitcoin market cap.

And that is just M0 base money, once the banks take that $2.8B/day of printing and lever it up you end up with over $50B/day of money created out of thin air.

Imagine $50B/day being poured into BTC.

BTC are either going to the moon or crashing to zero.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:06:09 AM

It's going to atleast 500 $ before hitting some kind of selling pressure Cheesy

dont!!! sell at any price dammit u will regret it

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All