Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just woke up and BTC is OVER $134!!??  (Read 5661 times)
carborundum (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:02:28 AM

WTF is going on? This has to be a bubble??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WinVery.com

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:09:38 AM

A proper USD valuation is all. 
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:11:04 AM

i just went from  broke to poor  all in the same day, if it rises anymore  i can eat at in n out  instead of mcdonalds.
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:11:30 AM

Nah, proper USD valuation is actually at least 10,000 if bearish. I'd say around 20,000-40,000 range and I'll be interested.

We are the early adopters.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:15:20 AM

Nah, proper USD valuation is actually at least 10,000 if bearish. I'd say around 20,000-40,000 range and I'll be interested.

We are the early adopters.
True we're looking at the new world wide elite money system called Bitcoin
forbun

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:31:49 AM

I spent an hour trying to find some way to easily spend bitcoins using my iPhone. I failed. Bitcoin isn't ready for the real world. People buying today are speculators -- their only use for bitcoins is to sell them for fiat currency at some point in the future, at a higher price. Thus I think it's somewhat of a bubble.

What name would you give to the smallest unit of bitcoin (0.00000001)? sat. What name would you give to 100 sats? bit. 1 bit = 1 uBTC. 1,000,000 bits = 1 BTC. It's bits
wopwop

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:34:38 AM

BTC OVER $9000

Soon enough

I spent an hour trying to find some way to easily spend bitcoins using my iPhone. I failed. Bitcoin isn't ready for the real world. People buying today are speculators -- their only use for bitcoins is to sell them for fiat currency at some point in the future, at a higher price. Thus I think it's somewhat of a bubble.
You are a noob in the math behind Bitcoin obviously, it can only go up as you can see on the bid vs ask wall
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:36:53 AM

Iphone's are useless for security, as are every other mobile device unless you did a custom build. Be glad you didn't find a way to store coins on there they'd all be gone.
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:37:56 AM

If People are buying today for speculating reasons. I wish bitcoin would drop like a rock down to $1.00  Shocked

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
dg2010

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:39:27 AM

You really are living in a fantasy land. This valuation is not based on real trade, real volumes, it's based upon speculation. As such the value of the bitcoin is not being properly represented.

This IS a bubble. I just hope everyone doesn't try sell at once.
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:40:30 AM

If People are buying today for speculating reasons. I wish bitcoin would drop like a rock down to $1.00  Shocked
hope, that itself is a price support
pumawolf

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:41:30 AM

how long does  bubbles  usually last outside of bitcoin,   in wallstreet  or what not.
dg2010

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:47:14 AM

how long does  bubbles  usually last outside of bitcoin,   in wallstreet  or what not.

No point looking outside of Bitcoin because the dynamics are different. But bubbles usually take many years to mature, and in most cases it's not seen as a bubble because real economic trade continues and masks the nature of the bubble.

Bitcoin bubble is like 1000% in a few months, and no equivalent uptick in trade? How do you explain that one? You can't.
wopwop

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:47:27 AM

You really are living in a fantasy land. This valuation is not based on real trade, real volumes, it's based upon speculation. As such the value of the bitcoin is not being properly represented.

This IS a bubble. I just hope everyone doesn't try sell at once.
Dude you don't know what you are talking about

Bitcoin is the new future money of the REAL WORLD but you are just too blind to see it

Check yourself, look at the price, you think the price doesn't reflect what people are thinking? They know this is the future
dg2010

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:52:52 AM

Bitcoin is the new future money of the REAL WORLD but you are just too blind to see it

It may well be, that doesn't explain why the price has gone from $10-$130 in a few months. That sort of growth is clearly speculative and therefore unsustainable and at some point there will be a correction.

You can believe in the future of bitcoin without sticking your head in the sand, which unfortunately seems to be the standard response for many people here.

If bitcoin is going to grow and be successful it will have to be based upon actual value and real growth, not simply speculation.
wopwop

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:55:00 AM

It may well be, that doesn't explain why the price has gone from $10-$130 in a few months. That sort of growth is clearly speculative and therefore unsustainable and at some point there will be a correction.

You can believe in the future of bitcoin without sticking your head in the sand, which unfortunately seems to be the standard response for many people here.

If bitcoin is going to grow and be successful it will have to be based upon actual value and real growth, not simply speculation.
speculation or not, the price shows real growth (its going higher = growth)

you dont understand the word growth my friend

people put their money, enforcing this growth
pumawolf

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:55:34 AM

No point looking outside of Bitcoin because the dynamics are different. But bubbles usually take many years to mature, and in most cases it's not seen as a bubble because real economic trade continues and masks the nature of the bubble.

Bitcoin bubble is like 1000% in a few months, and no equivalent uptick in trade? How do you explain that one? You can't.
 it  doesnt feel like btc is a bubble, it feels like this is the way money is suppose to be. and more and more people are agreeing  this works.
wopwop

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:57:04 AM

it  doesnt feel like btc is a bubble, it feels like this is the way money is suppose to be. and more and more people are agreeing  this works.
yes the price reflects the people using it in the real world (bitcoin = real world) it totally makes sense to most people here but bears seems to be just that, bears
Mosper

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:57:38 AM

At least someone here knows what they're talking about.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
pumawolf

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:59:13 AM

147 now it only been like a hour since this post started
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: