Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:17:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new here - of course ...  (Read 589 times)
weirdrat (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:49:21 AM

otherwise I would not post here ..

missed to buy bitcoins in time, tried to get litecoins but also too late and try to get into Terracoins before its too late too .. wanted to post my trc-wallet to get some of the free giveaways  but the system does not let me - wonder how long I have to wait for it
greetings to all - A (The) Rat ! 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thorbinator

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:46:48 AM

You're not too late. Bitcoin is nowhere near finished.
mintybits

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:20:14 AM

Pretend your on the Internet in 1995 and you saw that Yahoo had just listed 300 new sites!!  But damn there were only 60 sites total last week!!  Oh No!  It's over I've missed the tech boom!! 

Get it?  Your in on the ground floor... It's 1995 all over again!  Buy now and often.  Forget litecoin and all the imitators...

Don't get scared by dips and curves of the market.  Buy and hold as much as you can afford and you'll be rich in 10 years.  No way is Bitcoin ever going to be worthless again (unless the cryptography breaks or a 51% attack occurs). 
strikegold

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 11:09:12 AM

Welcome to the community!  Smiley

Bitcoin it's still in the early stage, just wait and see what happens overe the coming years.

xandrosse

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:39:13 AM

You're not too late. Bitcoin is nowhere near finished.
totally agree
plastyc

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:55:30 PM

Bitcoin it's still in the early stage.

IMHO true
weirdrat (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:16:07 AM

hi everyone - thanks for your welcome !

I know bitcoins since 2009 - read about Wikileaks and that their accounts are closed and that someone created a kind of game-money to send them something. I thought that this is a kind of donation and that I only have to buy some to send my donation to Wikileaks so I looked around and found about 5 or 6000 bitcoins on ebay for about 30,- Euro -- bought them thinking to donate Wikileaks and forgot them ..
A year ormore  later I read again about them .. when there was the MtGox break and the crash - I remembered that I had some of that stuff and wondered that its REAL money ;-) and started looking for the old harddisk - found it and read, that BTCs went down from 30 to lower than 2 and that their time will soon be over .. ok, I sold them, went shopping (my hoster already took them ..) and looked around in my hometown if others are also concerend with it - found a group in a hackerspace and started learning. Remember - I sold all of them, nearly 6000 - and as soon as I was in that group BTC started rising .. up to 2 again, 2,50 - I thought they surely will crash again and go lower than 0 and did not buy ... and then 5 ...10 .... meanwhile I had a lot of other stuff to pay and had no money anymore to invest ... last week now I read about Terracoins and somehow I had a deja vue - and this time I want to be in from the beginning though I have no money to buy many and only a paypal accout, a desktop with graphic but mining never works and already 4,08 Terracoins I collected from everywhere were people give them away ...

I am angry about myself because of the lost bitcoins but even more that finally BTC turned out to be an object of speculation and not that it became a handy currency I can use for anonymous shopping and transfers - I so hope that TRC will do better, climb not too high, have a better marketing  - I thought of creating a simple thumbnail-wallet for several crypto-currencies for Wordpress/widget because there are 70 Mio WP-users and if they can pay within the system without going to a complicated place like MtGox and do all this complicated stuff .. .;-) maybe then more people would USE it for payments and not for just trading them to let it climb like BTCs ...

sorry for my English, its vanishing plus I am terribly tired ;-)

if anyone could tell me where I can some TRC for maybe 50 Euro per paypal ... would be great ...
and if anyone would be interested in creating such a normal-people-wallet with a lot of pics and symbols and less numbers ... I am not a programmer but can make designs and test it to let you know how simple or complicated it is ...

Lets believe in TRC ;-)
hi everyone
1PpAZJsCDTsfWpnjBwM2e3Xz7qLprMqyKb  TRC
memorysnake

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:20:39 AM

6000 bitcoins? wow

we'll, you're still an early adopter! welcome back

hi everyone - thanks for your welcome !

I know bitcoins since 2009 - read about Wikileaks and that their accounts are closed and that someone created a kind of game-money to send them something. I thought that this is a kind of donation and that I only have to buy some to send my donation to Wikileaks so I looked around and found about 5 or 6000 bitcoins on ebay for about 30,- Euro -- bought them thinking to donate Wikileaks and forgot them ..

weirdrat (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:33:02 AM

I am still an idiot -- still sit and wait to collect a few Terras and dont really act to get many ;-)

And I too much believe in others - in my BTC-group they told me that LTC would NEVER be interesting -- that was when they were 0,00something .. and today Huh  I dont know much about maths or programming but a lot about human nature ... when Coca Cola became successful Pepsi Cola came and then Afri Cola and all of them have their market ...
I just think that the whole system is much too complicated for the "normal" people outside the computer - or maths- or other freaks-communities and therefore not so many will use those coins, no matter which of them - for regular payment. But only if many people use them regulary and they are always cruising its safer than now and not so many too-highs and too-lows can happen ..

We have a third chance to make it better with TRC - and maybe are the lucky early birds this time ;-)
memorysnake

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:55:33 AM

I personally doubt the alt coins, but can't hurt to get in them too

Just don't abandon BTC, It is still incredibly early yet, I wouldn't be shocked for BTC to be $1000 in the next 5- 10 years

We have a third chance to make it better with TRC - and maybe are the lucky early birds this time ;-)
weirdrat (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:25:10 AM

I dont have any BTCs anymore so there is nothing to lose and nothing to gain for me ...

who knows what comes the next few years when the Euro crashes and then the Dollar -- many new things will be on their way I think - alternative local money, new national currencies, crypto-currencies .. right now I think that American authorities will do anything to avoid a  wider success of any crypto-currencies because they might destroy the Dollar and the One-world-one-currency-system (the Euro once was founded to join that around 2012 and they still work on it ...) so you never know what happens and who will survive ... there is one big advantage for the Dollar - you can take it in you hands, hide it, pass it on - but if they cut electricity we cannot pay crypto anymore ! except they speed up a bit with the bitcoincard http://bitcoincard.org

Me I dont believe in anything - except IT! The Flying Spaghetti Monster, Honor To His Glory, HE boiled for our sins, RAmen, but beside this in nothing. I just trust that evolution will go on and that we, humans, can never resist to try to influence it a bit ... so there is any chance we want to make something out of the TRC and maybe we will protected too by IT while we make it ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: