Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:02:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry Pi - BFG Miner help - Noob  (Read 633 times)
Mastequila (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 02:16:26 AM

Hi all, wondering if someone can help .
I am running a scrypt miner ( mining Gulden ) and trying to mine a pool ( http://nlg.hardcoreminers.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted ) .
I am very new to Linux and all the commands , I pretty much have to look everything up .

I have downloaded bfgminer onto the raspberry Pi , the program shows up under directory listing as   " bfgminer " .

Per the instructions on the link provided I am to type :

./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.eu.nlg.hardcoreminers.com:3026 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Here is the error I get :
-bash: ./bfgminer: Is a directory

Again I am a noob , maybe I am missing some other software needed ?

Any help would be appreciated.
ThankYou !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
desci

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 08:25:44 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2016, 10:50:10 AM by desci

You should run that in the bfgminer folder

Which in your case happen to be ~/bfgminer, so you should use this:

Code:
./bfgminer/bfgminer

Instead of this:

Code:
./bfgminer

The "proper" way to do it would be to:

Code:
pi@raspebrrypi:~ $ cd bfgminer
pi@raspebrrypi:~/bfgminer $ ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.eu.nlg.hardcoreminers.com:3026 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

You have to change Weblogin.WorkerName to your login data found on the My Account / My Workers area. For example:

Code:
-u desci.1 -p x

So the full command for me would be:

Code:
pi@raspebrrypi:~ $ ./bfgminer/bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.eu.nlg.hardcoreminers.com:3026 -u desci.1 -p x

If bfgminer is actually installed in the system, however, you should run it without the leading dot and slash, like so:

Code:
pi@raspebrrypi:~ $ bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.eu.nlg.hardcoreminers.com:3026 -u desci.1 -p x
desci

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 03:03:14 PM

I've publicized the scripts I use in the raspberry pi to control the ASIC miners, but the instructions are in brazilian portuguese.

Will eventually translate them and provide a link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: