Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD vs Nvidia vs Intel discussion, by 2016~17  (Read 1558 times)
lottery248 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

since i am not great on the measuration of the best GPU, i would wish to know what your opinion is, regarding AMD and Nvidia. for CPU, should i wait for Zen to build up my next PC? Huh

btw i am supporting AMD for its challenge of pricing, otherwise they would price a lot; i am really looking forward about how fast Zen and Vega is, and see if the high end stuffs need not to be expensive.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocoinplay

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

https://tinyurl.com/cheapVPS200

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

I will must vote for Nvidia. They have better quality and best service.

flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:30:39 PM

I will must vote for Nvidia. They have better quality and best service.
I hope you know they have the same manufacturers. So the quailty is exactly the same. The difference can be in the drivers, and AMD is getting better and better, nvidia is on a downtrend.
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:38:10 PM

For gaming purpose i will vote nvidia, for mining i will vote amd
p2607

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:06:49 PM

AMD is only great when it's freezing outside Grin
badungs

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 12:16:43 AM

AMD is better because its very cheap for me
TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 12:46:54 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2017, 01:49:53 AM by TooQik

I've been building my own PCs since the 90s and I've always been a fan of AMD CPUs due to their bang-for-buck. My first PC actually used a Cyrix CPU.

Currently I have an AMD FX-8350 which I have running at 4.8 GHz and on occasion I pump it up to 5.0 GHz. I've had this CPU for about five years now and Ryzen will be my next upgrade when it releases this year. I think Ryzen will surprise quite a few people, including Intel.

I also have an Intel 3570K system which is my first ever Intel based PC. I built this solely because I was able to pick up a motherboard and CPU cheaply. I would never pay full price on an Intel system purely because AMD represents better value. Yes, Intel has had the performance edge on AMD for a while now, but when it comes to real world performance the extra dollars you need to drop on the Intel system are not worth it for the average home PC user.

Regarding GPUs, currently I run both a tri-SLI GTX 670 and a CrossFire R9-280X configuration. I've probably had more Nvidia cards than AMD but when Vega releases this year I will also look at upgrading to this.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:20:43 AM

I've been building my own PCs since the 90s and I've always been a fan of AMD CPUs due to their bang-for-buck. My first PC actually used a Cyrix CPU.

Currently I have an AMD FX-8350 which I have running at 4.8 GHz and on occasion I pump it up to 5.0 GHz. I've had this CPU for about five years now and Ryzen will be my next upgrade when it releases this year. I think Ryzen will surprise quite a few people, including Intel.

I also have a Intel 3570K system which is my first even Intel based PC. I build this solely because I was able to pick up a motherboard and CPU cheaply. I would never pay full price on an Intel system purely because AMD represents better value. Yes, Intel has had the performance edge on AMD for a while now, but when it comes to real world performance the extra dollars you need to drop on the Intel system are not worth it for the average home PC user.

Regarding GPUs, currently I run both a tri-SLI GTX 670 and a CrossFire R9-280X configuration. I've probably had more Nvidia cards than AMD but when Vega releases this year I will also look at upgrading to this.

there lining the Ryzen up as an I7 killer, if AMD hit the price right i think Intel will be pissing itself very quickly

AMD all the way for me i like intel too but no way can i justify spending 3-4 times as much for maybe 20% more performance,
AMD again for the GPU, AMD vs Nvidia is same as more vs Complexity (AMD more is better vs NVIDIA fewer but smarter) 

yulionoo

Activity: 756

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:32:41 PM

nvidia very good for gaming, i use nvidia has long  Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
SkycityVictorians

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 04:25:27 PM

I personally prefer AMD for processors, because they're a LOT cheaper than Intel processors.

BUT, if you're using AMD and planning to do some processor intensive stuff like playing Overwatch for e.x., you should buy a better cooler than the stock cooler, I use Water-Cooling.

For graphic cards, I prefer Nvidia, based on bad experiences like not working AMD cards and because Nvidia is less power consuming (atleast they were, not sure now).

Friendly Regards,
- SkycityVictorians
dream4

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:32:15 PM

First good graphics i got was an ati and since then I always sticked with the brand.
The videoquality is slightly better than nvidia in my opinion.
maybe if you only play games nvidia might be the better choice.
Boobies00

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

I like boobies (o)(o)

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:59:04 PM

I also have an Intel 3570K system which is my first ever Intel based PC. I built this solely because I was able to pick up a motherboard and CPU cheaply. I would never pay full price on an Intel system purely because AMD represents better value. Yes, Intel has had the performance edge on AMD for a while now, but when it comes to real world performance the extra dollars you need to drop on the Intel system are not worth it for the average home PC user.

Like you I have been building PCs for a while. I find that the intel CPUs are superior to the AMD. With AMD I always had cooling problems, the standard fan was never enough. My FX-8350 needed a liquid cooler to prevent that. With Intel I just use the cooling fan that comes with the cpu. For regular computing/playing games it runs cooler and never throttles compared the the AMD without a liquid cooler.

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:35:55 AM

In my country AMD is way cheaper than Nvidia cards, and when it comes to CPU AMD is also cheaper but Intel is way faster, so it depends on what you are looking price vs performance.
TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:29:41 AM

Like you I have been building PCs for a while. I find that the intel CPUs are superior to the AMD. With AMD I always had cooling problems, the standard fan was never enough. My FX-8350 needed a liquid cooler to prevent that. With Intel I just use the cooling fan that comes with the cpu. For regular computing/playing games it runs cooler and never throttles compared the the AMD without a liquid cooler.

I can't say that I've ever experienced a cooling problem with any PC I've ever built with the stock cooling solution. Even when pushing slight over-clocks I've found the cooling sufficient. I do make sure that the case has adequate air flow though, by ensuring it has adequate case fans and is not sitting in an area that restricts air flow to the case.

With my current FX-8350 setup I've moved to water cooling, primarily because I've been pushing higher over-clocks that required the extra cooling.

For the record I'm also based in Australia, so its not like my PC never sees the odd 40 degree ambient day.  Grin
lulululu

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:38:41 AM

can u give me recomendation NVIDIA card with budget around 50$
i want to build a gaming PC, or is that 50$ not enought??
frankybutterin

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:44:03 AM

i choose AMD becouse amd very cheap and high technology by choosing amd I can maximize my funds slightly

p2607

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 04:35:59 PM

can u give me recomendation NVIDIA card with budget around 50$
i want to build a gaming PC, or is that 50$ not enought??

$50 for a graphics card for gaming is not enough Undecided You need a bigger budget.
If you want to game, your graphics card is probably the most expensive component in your pc.
h3rlihy

Activity: 356

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 04:39:03 PM

I would wait before doing any new builds. Am hoping myself to do some form of Zen + Vega build this year
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 06:07:18 PM

I usually go with AMD to support the underdog.

Smiley
p2607

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 06:50:56 PM

I usually go with AMD to support the underdog.

Smiley

That can't be the only reason right?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: