Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics Card - Monitor Suggestions - Not for Mining in any way.  (Read 543 times)
icanscript (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 06:30:27 PM

Hi All,

I'm in UK, When I get paid this month I would like to purchase a new GFX Card and also 3 New Monitors to hang off it.

I am looking for a GFX card that isn't too pricey - £200 - £300, Best value for what you get (Been Looking at RX 480 8GB). I am wondering if there are any suggestions.

I also am wondering whether display port is much better than HDMI... Realistically. Are games really going to be shooting out 4k UHD?

Any if there are any better releases of certain cards. I tend to go for MSI. But I would like quieter the better. XFX and TwinFrozr seem good.

Thanks for any advice

### My Current Specs (if you need) ###

i7 6700 3.4ghz
24gb DDR4
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170 PRO GAMING (LGA1151)

Currently have Radeon R9 280 - It struggles with quality on certain games.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:53:26 AM

buy a RX 480 is the best option so far, because Nvidia is gimping the highend people IMO.
if you wanna use it in blender, then you should get Nvidia though.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
cryptocoinplay

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

https://tinyurl.com/cheapVPS200

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 02:23:58 PM

Get whatever you like from Gtx never go for amd gpu's....

SkycityVictorians

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 04:49:51 PM

Hey there,

For graphic card in this budget, I would recommend you:
  Nvidia: GTX 1060, maybe overclocked
  AMD: RX 480 OR wait for the new Vega 10 graphic cards (release in next few months)

For monitors:
  LG 24GM77
  Acer S242HLDBID

Best are monitors which have their buttons at the bottom. I own 2 BenQ RL2455HM (buttons on the right) and it's really annoying to move the monitors if I want to turn them on.

Friendly Regards
- SkycityVictorians
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 06:03:07 AM

Hi All,

I'm in UK, When I get paid this month I would like to purchase a new GFX Card and also 3 New Monitors to hang off it.

I am looking for a GFX card that isn't too pricey - £200 - £300, Best value for what you get (Been Looking at RX 480 8GB). I am wondering if there are any suggestions.

I also am wondering whether display port is much better than HDMI... Realistically. Are games really going to be shooting out 4k UHD?

Any if there are any better releases of certain cards. I tend to go for MSI. But I would like quieter the better. XFX and TwinFrozr seem good.

Thanks for any advice

### My Current Specs (if you need) ###

i7 6700 3.4ghz
24gb DDR4
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170 PRO GAMING (LGA1151)

Currently have Radeon R9 280 - It struggles with quality on certain games.

In retrospect, you should have saved your money on your CPU and RAM. If you are using your computer for gaming you could have got an i5 6600k and overclocked it, and got no more than 16GB of RAM (even 8GB is sufficient for the vast majority of games).

That would have saved you enough money to get a gtx 980/1080, which would have given you amazing graphical performance. Number 1 rule of building a gaming PC is spend as much money as possible on the GPU.

That said, with your current setup and budget, I would shell out for a GTX 1070 (or 970). It might be a little over your budget but it will be worth it in the long run. Personally I would save up for a 980/1080, but they are a lot more expensive.

I have a rig with an i5 6600k overclocked to 4 GHz, 8 GB of fast RAM and a GTX 970. It plays most games in 1080p in max settings and generally doesn't drop below 60 fps.

If you want good 4k performance you're gonna need at least a GTX 980/1080 or SLI config, unless you're happy with dropping graphics to medium/low settings.

Edit: Oh yeah my GTX 970 is also overclocked, don't know the speeds off the top of my head but it allowed me to play Witcher 3 in ultra settings with not much obvious drop of framerate from 60 fps - before I overclocked the GPU the framerate would drop a little every now and then, especially with the "Nvidia hairworks" on. But I love that hairworks effect, especially on the hairy monsters when they charge towards you!!
icanscript (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:36:38 PM

Thanks for the advice, I have just noticed this.

I bought the 1060, Its perfect for my usage and plays all the games I need in 1080p, I never went for the new monitors in the end and currently have 2 x 19" setup, I will be moving to 2 x 24" in a few weeks. I looked at a friends 4k setup and it did not impress me too much for the cost.

1060 plays all the games I want to play perfectly. I need the extra RAM as I use a lot of virtual machines for lab setups for work. infact I have moved up to 32gb now.
primesstartup

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 10:37:14 PM

Get a GTX 970. Those are cheap right now
icanscript (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:10:34 PM

Get a GTX 970. Those are cheap right now

As Above, I already bought a GTX 1060 Smiley
StylishMule

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:40:10 AM

try amd, cause it's cheaper and often offers the same power.
icanscript (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:54:59 AM

try amd, cause it's cheaper and often offers the same power.

I had AMD stuffs, I have always been a big fan of AMD. The new chips look amazing.

This PC was practically bought by my company with a few added extras of my own (GPU, Sound Card, SSD/HDD). I done some benchmark checks and at the time the i7 6700 was better than the bulldozer AMDs. So I just went with this, Also offered DDR4 RAM, which I thought would be interesting to try.

When I buy my next PC I will ask on here for some, you all have some very great tips.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: