Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:01:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to deal with the "bitcoin has no physical existence" argument?  (Read 1453 times)
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 01:46:45 PM

Just tell them that bitcoin is a digital thing and it's not tangible. It exists as a data and nothing else. There are some physical coins of bitcoin but it costs much more than it actually holds. I personally wouldn't argue with this people. If they doubt bitcoins, then just let them not use it. It wouldn't affect you anyway. Remember, you don't have to fight all the battles. Just like how you shouldn't always defend bitcoin to those doubters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 02:53:14 PM

If ever that it could happen to me? I don't have to explain it further to them just let them experience how bitcoin woks and to let them fully understand. After that let them decide, well for now you can call me one of them because i am still much more satisfied if  i do save my earnings in the banks so i still prefer convert btc to fiat most of the times.
Milkduds

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 08:50:10 PM

Hard argument to take on because most people believe they actually own the land they have a house on as well and do not realize how easy it is to toss them out of the location.
When you look at anything there is a line that can alter ownership and bitcoin being digital just makes it that much more clear,comparing it to say real estate where people are not usually running into issues where the land below them is going to be used for a pipeline and they need to move along.
raja2sumi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:30:33 AM

Tell them its like money in the bank but the price of bitcoins will rise .but in case of fiat it wont .so its better to use bitcoins as transaction r fast and the fees are miner. .

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
Bemerand

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:31:28 AM

Just tell them the truth. Their money only exists in a digital form now a days anyway. And that's the cold hard truth.

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:45:36 AM

That is not an argument but stating the fact, arguments can be made when there are 2 sides of a story, but in bitcoin's case and the question here, not just bitcoin but it works for almost anything, we're not always value something that has physical form like when you trust someone with your life you can't really put a price on that can you? when someone promises you something or when a president talks on TV and suddenly oil, gold prices go up or drop.

Simply as long as people say something has value and put a price on them other people trust them and will start to trade it with even physical valued items. more than 90% of all the businesses in the world are done by trading invisible or digital/virtual items.

🖤😏
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:55:14 AM

this is very difficult to telling the truth to the person who always believed that every currency must have physical existence because bitcoin as digital currency was made without physical existence but valuable such as fiat however maybe if my friends ask about this someday then i would telling to them that you're no need to big pocket to save a lot of bitcoin and to save bitcoin too you're no need personal ID because one of the advantages of bitcoin is anonymity
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Wolf

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:13:34 AM

It will be difficult or worse just a futile act if the other party are/is not willing to even listen or should I say not OPEN to new things .

I suggest that you should thoughly think on how to explain it to them in a more understandable way, it will be helpful to based it in their personality . Even if its a good or bad thing we should not forget that we should only state facts without bias and prejudice .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:31:31 AM

Well I think you just don't. It doesn't really have a physical existence in the world. Everything in the bitcoin world is digital and doesn't have a physical manifestation or a tangible object to attach to. I would say that value should be discusses. Since money is just paper with numbers. You have to define what is value. Why do we use the USD? Why does it have value? That should your point in arguing for bitcoin.
Greenenergy

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 11:10:47 AM

I've been facing this arguments many times. I've simply replied that the Internet isn't physical too, as their bank account. The hammer another time the nail, I tell them that you can print the username and the password of a Bitcoin account onto something physical and that way in some way you can touch it.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:21:15 PM

whwn i was introduced bitcoin to my friends, they will asked the same question, then my answer is simple, " see your bank account, does it have physical appearance? it is just a book with number, and when you want to pay using credit card, does your credit card has physical existence, no it is just a piece of plastic, but it is still valuable, it is the same thing with bitcoin, you can't touch it but you can spend it"

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:28:12 PM

Just tell them the truth. Their money only exists in a digital form now a days anyway. And that's the cold hard truth.
That there is true ta an extent, but I know lotsa people who stale like tha cold hard cash.  Then they house burn down an' they fucked, but that's another story.   Y'all is right, everthang is digital nowadays,  cain't git away from dat fact.  So thos here argument ain't really much of a debate,  is it?
markyminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 09:37:55 PM

and it is the need of the day, as in modern age people are not going to carry paper money with them in their pockets, they do online shopping and other trading using crypto currency, the trend is increase as the time passes. 

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:46:47 PM

All the money not just bitcoin does not exist in real world, they are only numbers on the market, do you think that investors will use rea physical money to make deals, that will take ages since there are billions of dollars to count, the only time it gets physical is when you use your credit card in the ATM, and the same goes for bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:05:26 AM

It depends the people you are speaking to. That is, older people they understand only if they have money in their pockets or down of their mattresses. The younger one can understand that debit cards and web banking is money even though these are only numbers without physical form. Imo only people younger than the middle age will be the most supporters of crypto currencies
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:29:34 AM

Bitcoin has no physical existence just like PayPal funds. Bitcoin is like a movie where you can download and upload then play it, but just like movies you need to pay using credit cards to watch or if you are the owner of the movies you get payment so they can download a movie. To get bitcoin playing on your wallet you need also to pay dollars to have it, and after a time you can sell it also in exchange for dollars. If there is money on virtual movies then so as bitcoin that play as a currency online.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: