Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:14:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST GPU HARDWARE FOR BTC MINING ?  (Read 2117 times)
smajlbledar (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 11:12:53 AM

i m mining  BTC with GPU's
i already bought 12 RX 470 8GB
but i have some info's that i can find cheaper and better Gpu's with much MHS/s

now i want to spend 10K on gpu's
and if any one can give me a good tip what kind of GPU's should i bye it will b great.

""LONG LIFE BTCBTC""
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 12:06:03 PM

You can't meaningfully mine bitcoin with GPUs; they waste way too much electricity and earn virtually no bitcoin in today's environment. Without ASIC mining hardware you're wasting your time, electricity, and money. Even the most powerful GPU today won't earn you more than a few cents a year in bitcoin but would cost you thousands of dollars extra in electricity.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 05:16:18 PM

and if any one can give me a good tip what kind of GPU's should i bye it will b great.

""LONG LIFE BTCBTC""

You would be mining a altcoin with GPU's.   Keep in mind if budget is 10k you can't spend all on cards assuming you buying all gear, and no gear sitting around.  Good PSU's, motherboard, CPU, Memory, HD, etc are going to take some of that budget.   But you really need to check out altcoin forum, and also if you are going to flash card's etc. 

And don't forget about heat and electricity needed. Do you have electrical set-up?  As if not setup with electrical, cooling, shelves, etc can add up on startup.   
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 08:24:47 PM

You'd get much more profit mining some type of altcoin, for example, Ethereum or Monero. The RX470 is pretty much the best GPU you can get for the price and has the best efficiency and mh/s ratio for any miner. I'd recommend you'd keep those GPUs and keep mining.

""LONG LIFE BTCBTC""

You would be mining a altcoin with GPU's.   Keep in mind if budget is 10k you can't spend all on cards assuming you buying all gear, and no gear sitting around.  Good PSU's, motherboard, CPU, Memory, HD, etc are going to take some of that budget.   But you really need to check out altcoin forum, and also if you are going to flash card's etc.  

And don't forget about heat and electricity needed. Do you have electrical set-up?  As if not setup with electrical, cooling, shelves, etc can add up on startup.  

You can boot off of a live Linux USB if needed, and RAM is cheap if you buy it used if you want to skimp on your rig and get a cheaper build. PSU and Mobo is what you'll be looking for. CPU doesn't really matter that much for the most part; a 3$ C2D will work most of the time.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 11:39:31 PM

If you want to mine Bitcoin efficiently, you'll have to get an ASIC.
As other people mentioned, if you want to use the GPUs you already have, you should make them mine an altcoin.

By doing this, you could be able to mine two or more types of coins and reduce the risk of volatility in value.
bones

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 06:06:58 AM

how can you be here long enough to have a paid sig, but not know about asics?
i call bullshit
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 11:04:21 AM

... above

You can boot off of a live Linux USB if needed, and RAM is cheap if you buy it used if you want to skimp on your rig and get a cheaper build. PSU and Mobo is what you'll be looking for. CPU doesn't really matter that much for the most part; a 3$ C2D will work most of the time.

True but assuming you are getting a nice PSU to power up say 6 470's, if you go with nice ones such as EVGA 1300's or other close to it that add's up and will take a bite out of budget.   Then a motherboard that does 5 or 6 GPU's again add's up.   The cpu/ram might be able to get cheap but those and riser's still can add up on a build.

So I agree some part's are cheap compared to say an asic cost.  But overall they do add up and cost money which add more money you need to ROI.  My main point was GPU's are not only cost.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 03:56:17 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2016, 04:16:20 PM by toptek

This should give you a better idea of what you need for one rig of say 4 to 6 cards Smiley".

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wK2TWX

That's with out the cards add in another 1194 $ at the least for 6 RX 470 or nvidia cards they cost more you need at least a 960 or 990 model with those to do any good, I THINK, I'm not a big nvidia fan, that's without shipping and taxes . O yea riser cards you may need 6 kits if you go with 6 .

I"m looking for a ASRock H61 Pro BTC ATX LGA1155 Motherboard because I can't see me wasting another 30 bucks on top of 70 for the MB sense i all ready have a Intel 1155 cpu im not using that costs me 250 a while back i burnt up the MB i had over clocking . the watts it does it about what the 1150 does .

http://pcpartpicker.com  I've been using for some time just to get a General idea of what i might need i can get some stuff even cheaper .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 10:58:26 PM

This should give you a better idea of what you need for one rig of say 4 to 6 cards Smiley".

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wK2TWX

That's with out the cards add in another 1194 $ at the least for 6 RX 470 or nvidia cards they cost more you need at least a 960 or 990 model with those to do any good, I THINK, I'm not a big nvidia fan, that's without shipping and taxes . O yea riser cards you may need 6 kits if you go with 6 .

I"m looking for a ASRock H61 Pro BTC ATX LGA1155 Motherboard because I can't see me wasting another 30 bucks on top of 70 for the MB sense i all ready have a Intel 1155 cpu im not using that costs me 250 a while back i burnt up the MB i had over clocking . the watts it does it about what the 1150 does .

http://pcpartpicker.com  I've been using for some time just to get a General idea of what i might need i can get some stuff even cheaper .

Nice job on a list it does add up on other part's besides GPU's.   The nice thing is chances are you can use them over multiple generations of GPU's.  I know I sold all my GPU's long long ago, and bought back in for ETH.   I had a lot of good part's but at this point I need to buy most of parts for each additional machine, I really like going with 6 and maxing it out at this point. 

One part they really have made so much better is riser's.  The old riser's were not horrible but man do I have to admit how much I like the USB ones today.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 07:38:54 AM

If I were you, I d wait for these new Nvidia GPUs getting out next week. Power consumption s 75W, no need for additional power adapters, cooling should be OK and the price for 1050Ti version should be around $130.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
smajlbledar (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 12:18:15 PM

how can you be here long enough to have a paid sig, but not know about asics?
i call bullshit

this is what i ordered
https://s22.postimg.org/xkd65rskx/fatura.jpg

here is a link for AMD GPU's and what do you guys think is this ASUS   HD7770 beter then a Rx 470 8gb ?
i mean for mining

http://www.mininghwcomparison.com/list/index.php?brand=amd
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: