Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:32:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 - Won't upgrade to new firmware - Any ideas on what to try?  (Read 1912 times)
alf5 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:42:16 PM

Hi,

In one of my Antminers S9 i upgraded to the new firmware 3 days ago. This is the new firmware that took 20-30 misn to start and did the auto frequency.  This S9 now stops hashing randomly.....from 20 mins to 10 hrs after a reboot.  Only a reboot gets it going again.

I've tried to downgrade to various other firmware and also install the latest and greatest firmware released yesterday.  It all errors out:

mkdir: can't create directory '/mnt/config/home/usr_config': No such file or directory cp: can't create '/mnt/config/home/usr_config/mac': No such file or directory runme.sh: cd: line 71: can't cd to /mnt/upgrade/upgrade cp: can't create '/mnt/upgrade/upgrade/angstrom_rootfs.jffs2': No such file or directory cp: can't create '/mnt/upgrade/upgrade/runme.sh': No such file or directory cp: can't create '/mnt/upgrade/upgrade/upgrade-marker.bin': No such file or directory

Any ideas on what to try next?  I have a ticket open with bitmaint, but curious anyone has seen this before??

Thanks!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 06:35:41 PM

Did you try the reset button?  I have never tried it but someone gave suggestions on how to use in the main S9 thread recently.  It was something like, disconnect all the hashboards from power and from the control board, boot it up, hold the reset button for more than 10 seconds, let it reboot and wait 20 minutes.  Go look for the exact directions though because I may be getting it wrong.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 12:36:03 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2016, 01:16:14 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Did you try the reset button?  I have never tried it but someone gave suggestions on how to use in the main S9 thread recently.  It was something like, disconnect all the hashboards from power and from the control board, boot it up, hold the reset button for more than 10 seconds, let it reboot and wait 20 minutes.  Go look for the exact directions though because I may be getting it wrong.
Close. (and it was me)
Power down, remove power leads from hash boards. Leave power leads connected to controller.
Turn on power, Wait a few seconds, then press the reset button and hold in for ~ 10 sec.
Release button and leave it alone. The red led by the lan port should flash a few time to tell ya it's resetting.

At this point, the older s9's needed maybe 5min at most. You should be able to log into the GUI and at least change your pool info.

With the B16 on up or when using an older s9 with this new auto-tune software -- not sure. With no hash boards to fiddle with and speed test I have no idea what the firmware will make of it. Hopefully like with the older miners and firmware  it will just shrug its shoulders and finish setting up the other parts of the miner... Probably would be a good idea to see what the Kernel Log reports while it tries to find boards Wink

Anywho, if you can get to the GUI and set pools you should be good to power down, reconnect power to hash boards, maybe slaughter a chicken or lamb, then power up and see if the gods have been appeased...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
smilingloki

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:40:01 AM

Did you try the reset button?  I have never tried it but someone gave suggestions on how to use in the main S9 thread recently.  It was something like, disconnect all the hashboards from power and from the control board, boot it up, hold the reset button for more than 10 seconds, let it reboot and wait 20 minutes.  Go look for the exact directions though because I may be getting it wrong.
Close. (and it was me)
Power down, remove power leads from hash boards. Leave power leads connected to controller.
Turn on power, Wait a few seconds, then press the reset button and hold in for ~ 10 sec.
Release button and leave it alone. The red led by the lan port should flash a few time to tell ya it's resetting.

At this point, the older s9's needed maybe 5min at most. You should be able to log into the GUI and at least change your pool info.

With the B16 on up or when using an older s9 with this new auto-tune software -- not sure. With no hash boards to fiddle with and speed test I have no idea what the firmware will make of it. Hopefully like with the older miners and firmware  it will just shrug its shoulders and finish setting up the other parts of the miner... Probably would be a good idea to see what the Kernel Log reports while it tries to find boards Wink

Anywho, if you can get to the GUI and set pools you should be good to power down, reconnect power to hash boards, maybe slaughter a chicken or lamb, then power up and see if the gods have been appeased...

LOL Awesome thanks for the help - trying that right now - will let u know how i go Smiley
smilingloki

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:02:13 AM

Negative, thats a no go,  PSU powers up, but no fans, no lights nothing on the machines themselves, absolutely dead in the water?

What gives>? can anyone help?  Huh Huh Huh Huh
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 12:13:15 PM

Are you on USA/Canada/Japan and any other countries that use 100-125v with antminer 1600W PSU? 

Negative, thats a no go,  PSU powers up, but no fans, no lights nothing on the machines themselves, absolutely dead in the water?

What gives>? can anyone help?  Huh Huh Huh Huh

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
govorov

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 07:27:35 AM

ecть y кoгo инcтpyкция пo пoднятию s9_13.0T ? sd кapтoй

и имидж кapты в дocтyпe пo мoeмy тoлькo для s7

или мoжнo нa кoнтpoлькe пoдключитьcя пo rx tx

кoнтpoлькa c41 ver 1.18

вeб нe дocтyпнa

влaдeлeц cкaзaл чтo пpoшилcя кpивo
Pages: [1]