Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:12:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So let me get this right...  (Read 1460 times)
Bendex (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:09:00 PM

So last year a few companies came up with plans for ASIC miners, but didn't have the money to develope them, so they asked you guys to fund them in the form of pre orders. Some months later, right about the time they were supposed to deliver the ASIC hardware to you, 3 new miners coincidentally came out of nowhere and took over 60% of the market. Does that about sum it up?

Mind you, I'm taking the "3 new miners take 60% of the market" part off a news story that I saw, so correct me if I'm wrong.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:14:56 PM

So last year a few companies came up with plans for ASIC miners, but didn't have the money to develope them, so they asked you guys to fund them in the form of pre orders. Some months later, right about the time they were supposed to deliver the ASIC hardware to you, 3 new miners coincidentally came out of nowhere and took over 60% of the market. Does that about sum it up?

Mind you, I'm taking the "3 new miners take 60% of the market" part off a news story that I saw, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Two new Miners and no not out of nowhere , but at least 4 Months later. Avalon Asic took pre-orders too, and Asicminer sold shares to reach a sum large enough to develop some chips.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:00:12 PM

Please link your source if you are going to ask about it.  Also, this question should be in "Mining Speculation".

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:17:49 PM

Poorly written question.

ASIC makers took preorder money to fund their products. One folded completely, one had massive repeated delays, the other two are rolling out their products as expected. Asicminer has 6 - 12 Th out there? And Avalon has shipped their first 20 Th with it arriving seemingly at random, but coming up steadily. The price of bitcoin almost certainly bringing the existing 25 Th up a bit, the existing 50 - 60 Th is more or less accounted for thusly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: