Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:07:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Namecoin transfer  (Read 939 times)
mandreko (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:00:45 PM

I am in Slush's pool for bitcoin mining. I had at one time generated a namecoin wallet on http://exchange.bitparking.com/, and put the address into the configuration on Slush's site. However when I got the message that they were paid out from hitting the threshold, I go to the exchange (days later even), and it doesn't show up. It doesn't even look like I ever had that wallet address. (and now, it seems they're down)

Either, I typed the wrong address, or I may have used some namecoin client somewhere else (although I can't find any traces on my computers), or something bad happened at http://exchange.bitparking.com/.

Is there any way to find where the 10NMC went, or will they be lost to the world forever? The transaction shows up here: http://explorer.dot-bit.org/a/N3TALmsh1fEzrRnG5AtPAZy3JUuqKJrh2u

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 04:05:04 PM

If I recall (the site is down for now), the deposit addresses are one time use only within 24 hours, they are not for recurring payments. I have never tested what the website says by not following the instructions.

You could contact the admin and see if the payment has been received to their wallet and uncredited, but there is also no way of verifying that they are your namecoins if any database record associating them to you is gone.
mandreko (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:10:47 PM

I remembered them being one time use, but I didn't remember anything about 24 hours. That could most definitely be the issue, if that's true.

And that was what I was curious of, if there was any way to prove to the admin that they were mine, or if they just went to the exchange due to a mistake on my part.

I guess I'll have to wait and see if the website comes back up, and think about switching to just a local namecoin client instead.
k4rn4k

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:31:13 PM

I used the service yesterday before the shut down, and I'm pretty sure it said "one time use and for a period of 240 hours", yep 240.
mandreko (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:34:04 PM

Interesting. I would have been well over 240 hours as well, since I created it when I first started bitcoin mining, and then didn't see the 10NMC until like 3 months later.

Hopefully they come back up!
cheetah3

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:43:57 PM

I have same issue today: sent 6.65 NMC to cryptsy.com from my wallet and transaction did not came into my account on cryptsy((
already more then 10 confirmations... Nothing Sad

Just hope they will help to resolve this issue.
Date: 11/28/2013 14:34
To:  N5uHRJbaoudiLfWWHkqGx9ir5BPtxhue8p
Debit: -6.659404 NMC
Transaction fee: -0.005 NMC
Net amount: -6.664404 NMC

Just crazy (((

But your issue resolved or still not? If yes tell please how.

Create new AltCoins, update existing. Please pm with proposals. BTC: 1LbVvrNZAb3RB8fgHkc93PHkMKUsbdDgsq
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 05:48:28 PM

It's resolved by that exchange's hard drive crashing and losing all account information... Hopefully they will start something up again, it was a nice exchange for BTC->namecoin->BTC.

Confirmations required depends on the service, I know GOX at one time went from 6 confirmations to hours and hours before showing a balance, with no annoucement.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: