Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do some good with your CPU while mining GPU!  (Read 842 times)
zKarp (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:29:25 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2011, 06:41:21 AM by zKarp

Alot of people mine with just the gpu. Apparently CPU doesn't have much of a payoff, so why not make some use of it for the greater good while mining? Your computer is running anyway.

Please join the effort at http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Main to help in the research and development towards cancer and other diseases.

I believe with the powerful machines everyone here is using and the vast numbers of people our group can make a significant difference for them.

So please join bitcoin_miners group for collective research power.. Our group id is 207913. Add that in the preferences of your client along with your desired username!

*Mods can this post be moved to Bitcoin mining. I don't have permission. Thanks!  Smiley

At what cost?
Since it runs ~100% cpu per core/cpu, it might have a small toll on
  • gpu hash/s
  • heat
  • cost
  • performance

But for what it does I believe it is worth it. I leave it on myself when I do email, internet, etc and there is hardly any notice except for the sound of my fans running.

Please pass this on and consider it yourself!
Imagine if every user on here had their CPU as a part of this group. (*Some users have basically data centers mining)
The possibility's are endless
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: