Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guiminer crashes Win 7 x64 immediately after clicking "stop mining"  (Read 2694 times)
cvenomz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 02:17:21 AM

Lame sauce that I cant even post this in the guiminer thread and I am stuck on the noob forum  Angry

But as the title says, guiminer crashes my machine every time I stop the program.  I have tested this on multiple nvidia cards with the same result.  I have even updated my drivers a few times and no fix.  I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem or knew a fix

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lessPlastic

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 02:42:48 AM

Have you tried restarting your computer? Also, are you positive that you are using the OpenCL poclbm miner + the CUDA (important that you use CUDA not the usual nVidia drivers) driver?
cvenomz (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:11:31 AM

Have you tried restarting your computer? Also, are you positive that you are using the OpenCL poclbm miner + the CUDA (important that you use CUDA not the usual nVidia drivers) driver?
Restarting? yes.  Lol, I give it a restart every time I stop mining.  I just realized I wasnt very specific about the crashes.  When it crashes, I mean the whole machine is unresponsive.  Not even the cursor will move.  Everything is completely locked up until after a hard reset.  And I am pretty sure about using OpenCL.  I can try to double check though.  I am using the defaults if that makes a difference.  And I do have CUDA installed.  I mean, everything works; my hashrate is normal for the video card I am using UNTIL I try to stop it.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:18:03 AM

Restarting? yes.  Lol, I give it a restart every time I stop mining.  I just realized I wasnt very specific about the crashes.  When it crashes, I mean the whole machine is unresponsive.  Not even the cursor will move.  Everything is completely locked up until after a hard reset.  And I am pretty sure about using OpenCL.  I can try to double check though.  I am using the defaults if that makes a difference.  And I do have CUDA installed.  I mean, everything works; my hashrate is normal for the video card I am using UNTIL I try to stop it.

Happens to me aswell, Win7 x64 using poclbm with a gt 330.
lessPlastic

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:32:22 AM

No idea then. nVidias aren't considered to be too good with mining anyhow. I'd say try to wait for an update to guiminer/poclbm, or just go all-out and use the phoenix-miner binary.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 05:34:18 AM

No idea then. nVidias aren't considered to be too good with mining anyhow. I'd say try to wait for an update to guiminer/poclbm, or just go all-out and use the phoenix-miner binary.

I do realise that. But why not do it? I don't pay for electricity. it's another ~30mh/s
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:06:18 AM

My computer doesn't crash, but Windows is resetting the graphics driver. This takes some seconds, and then everything is back to normal.
This happens with other OpenCL-Miners as well.
Try the CUDA-miner.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: