Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:29:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed Transactions Problem  (Read 9333 times)
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 07:19:32 PM

Transaction time 1-2 days -> you can use bank tx..

High fees. -> you can use bank tx...

Block size usage to hard limit  ratio = 1 ->. There will be always cheap spam attacks possible ( why not launched by bank supporters?) so bank txs are not spammable.  -> you can use bank tx...

Of course we can use banks for various reasons.  We weigh our options and we choose which to use based on a variety of factors. 

Bitcoin provides some things that banks don't provide, correct? 

We have expectations regarding bitcoin in the present, as compared with banks and future expectations, too.  So we may take a position in bitcoin and watch its development based on our investment and the direction that we think either is going in respect to the other, no?

Wake up guys and fix it and reinstall some of the most important bitcoin features.

Wake up who?

Who to fix what?  What are they to fix?  What is broken?

What are "the most important features" in bitcoin and had those "most important features" been 'uninstalled?"  Who did it?  Did they do it in the dead of the night or based on consensus?

I m  happy for today and want to thank you a lot since I have some faint idea now about spam...
I very hope SW comes along with BU features and we can be happy for next years!

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 07:27:32 PM

As long as the absolute value of your transaction is high enough, the relative value-to-fee ratio stays low even if you have to go over 100 sat/B.

However, lower value transactions will become more and more affected as the race for block space goes on.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 07:52:20 PM

As long as the absolute value of your transaction is high enough, the relative value-to-fee ratio stays low even if you have to go over 100 sat/B.

However, lower value transactions will become more and more affected as the race for block space goes on.

Yep and you will only know after if you fall into the 'spammer bin' or not. Come on what a crap is that?

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:18:17 PM

Transaction time 1-2 days -> you can use bank tx..

High fees. -> you can use bank tx...

Block size usage to hard limit  ratio = 1 ->. There will be always cheap spam attacks possible ( why not launched by bank supporters?) so bank txs are not spammable.  -> you can use bank tx...

Of course we can use banks for various reasons.  We weigh our options and we choose which to use based on a variety of factors. 

Bitcoin provides some things that banks don't provide, correct? 

We have expectations regarding bitcoin in the present, as compared with banks and future expectations, too.  So we may take a position in bitcoin and watch its development based on our investment and the direction that we think either is going in respect to the other, no?

Wake up guys and fix it and reinstall some of the most important bitcoin features.

Wake up who?

Who to fix what?  What are they to fix?  What is broken?

What are "the most important features" in bitcoin and had those "most important features" been 'uninstalled?"  Who did it?  Did they do it in the dead of the night or based on consensus?

I m  happy for today and want to thank you a lot since I have some faint idea now about spam...
I very hope SW comes along with BU features and we can be happy for next years!

And, you've said nearly nothing with your snarky assertions.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:41:53 PM

Yep and you will only know after if you fall into the 'spammer bin' or not. Come on what a crap is that?

Not true. You can know before you send your tx.
Just check the mempool and calculate the fees yourself before sending.

Bitcoin is the only "personal responsibility" payment and storage system that exists
and you are choosing to defer that responsibility for convenience. That is true crap.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 12:55:12 AM

Its getting problem almost 3 days my withdraw in ccex is not comfirm that time i really need money so that i withdraw it tuesday evening but it comfirm it yesterday morning that is the worst thing happen that 3 days before the bitcoin comfirm.
arransiv

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 05:25:39 AM

Its getting problem almost 3 days my withdraw in ccex is not comfirm that time i really need money so that i withdraw it tuesday evening but it comfirm it yesterday morning that is the worst thing happen that 3 days before the bitcoin comfirm.

You can try a double spend, just send the same value with a higher fee, well, if you have more bitcoins in your wallet, of course.

And well, why do you used a low fee?
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 10:48:42 AM

You can try a double spend, just send the same value with a higher fee, well, if you have more bitcoins in your wallet, of course.

If you took the time and effort to read his post, then you would know that he has withdrawn coins from C-CEX, which means that there is no way for him to initiate a double spend transaction with higher fees.

If what he says is true, then the exchange is the one to be blamed as they most likely included a very poor fee.

That's why I find it a much better idea if people are given the option to up the fees at the time they perform a withdrawal. So far none of the exchanges I have used has done this.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
rottenfruits

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 05:13:16 PM

These do happen every once in a while, when there are spending attacks or sometimes just like that when there is plenty of txs and the block mining is slow, there is no thing much you can do other than using high fees and waiting for blocks I guess.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:22:23 PM

These do happen every once in a while, when there are spending attacks or sometimes just like that when there is plenty of txs and the block mining is slow, there is no thing much you can do other than using high fees and waiting for blocks I guess.

I have the sense that this thread was not really about solving the transaction delays from a few days ago with a larger fee, even though some posters had been proposing that providing a higher fee could have partially solved their transaction delay issue.

I doubt that providing a higher fee would have solved the issue from a few days ago, because it seems as if the problem of the delays during that period was due to  some kind of spam attack on the network that delayed ALL transactions on almost an equal basis and no matter what the fees.  Sure, there may have been some outlier transactions that got processed, but for the most part, NO transactions were being processed. 

After about 30 hours, once the attack seemed to have been over (or addressed or gotten under control), then transactions began to go through and the back log of the mempool came back down to more normal levels, which came down pretty fast (about 12 hours or so), and thereafter transaction times returned to taking well under 1 hour with normal or even relatively low fees.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:53:12 PM

I have the sense that this thread was not really about solving the transaction delays from a few days ago with a larger fee, even though some posters had been proposing that providing a higher fee could have partially solved their transaction delay issue.

I doubt that providing a higher fee would have solved the issue from a few days ago, because it seems as if the problem of the delays during that period was due to  some kind of spam attack on the network that delayed ALL transactions on almost an equal basis and no matter what the fees.  Sure, there may have been some outlier transactions that got processed, but for the most part, NO transactions were being processed. 

After about 30 hours, once the attack seemed to have been over (or addressed or gotten under control), then transactions began to go through and the back log of the mempool came back down to more normal levels, which came down pretty fast (about 12 hours or so), and thereafter transaction times returned to taking well under 1 hour with normal or even relatively low fees.

Hmm, I just want the lowest fees again, Yobit increased the fee to 50K satoshis on that day. Don't know exactly if the delays happened because the excess of Bitcoin users or because the spam attackers, as you said now.

If it was an attack, the system would be better protect against this practice.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
genos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 09:27:18 PM

May be he didn't knew that the problem will be like this. If usually he can send bitcoin with low transactions fees, he never guess that the transaction will pending untill 3 days.
So from this problem, for the next transaction you can additional some more few cent fees to hasten your bitcoin confirmed.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 10:47:55 PM

Hmm, I just want the lowest fees again, Yobit increased the fee to 50K satoshis on that day. Don't know exactly if the delays happened because the excess of Bitcoin users or because the spam attackers, as you said now.

If it was an attack, the system would be better protect against this practice.

First, fees are fairly dynamic, and they really are not very high - especially if you actually consider what bitcoin is and how much value you can transfer for a relatively low fee.  On the other hand, if you are transferring smaller values (let's say below $100), then the percentage of your transfer spent on fees is going to seem higher.   Fees are also something that you can frequently adjust to your level of urgency, and there a whole hell of a lot of folks who are paying lower than average fees and still having their transactions go through.

Second, I think that if you look at the mempool chart, it should be pretty obvious that the spike upwards and the spike downwards was not a product of "organic growth."

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size?timespan=1week

Third, as we understand bitcoin is both open source and a dynamic project that does not specifically reward contributors.  Accordingly, there have been a lot of attack vectors, and some of those attack vectors get sealed up and sometimes new attack vectors are discovered.  There can also be a certain level of balancing that causes some acceptance of attacks because sealing up some of the attack vectors would cost too much on users (for example some attack vectors could be sealed up by making fees higher and mandatory, but a large majority of folks will recognize that approach would not be good for the fundamentals of bitcoin).  So, yeah, there are ongoing efforts to attempt to protect against various attacks and even to identify if there is a decent way to deal with some attack vectors or to leave them alone because it would cost too much to attempt to seal such attack vectors with whatever remedy(ies) is (are) currently being proposed.

seven2smoke

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 11:52:01 PM

Sometimes, Confirmations take a long duration.
I think, It's proportional with the amount of btc transferred
Anyways, At the end, It will be confirmed.
Looarn

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 11:50:45 AM

Sometimes, Confirmations take a long duration.
I think, It's proportional with the amount of btc transferred
Anyways, At the end, It will be confirmed.

It's proportional to the number of "pending transaction", not the amount of BTC. Wink
 https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

If my post help you, you can tip me in FeatherCoin here: 6wgNso1AWVuGy5P5Rpc2bBoVaNaKzbxmyi
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: