Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:48:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebuild wallet  (Read 382 times)
reiters (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:03:57 AM

I am very uneducated in coin building and wallet code.  I have a coin that was built for me and the wallet does not work well.  It does work.  Can a person, that knows what they are doing, take a few values, like the genesis block, and build a new wallet using the newest version of litecoin?  This is a X11 coin.  I would like everything updated but keep all the coins the way they are.

Please don't jump on me and say do it myself.  I do not want to learn all there is to know about coding coins.
reiters (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:19:38 AM

I'm not exactly looking for someone to say "yeah I can do it for you".  I am more asking if it can be done.  If you have the source code, can you pull out the important bits and push them into a more recent copy of the wallet?
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 04:50:05 AM

I am very uneducated in coin building and wallet code.  I have a coin that was built for me and the wallet does not work well.  It does work.  Can a person, that knows what they are doing, take a few values, like the genesis block, and build a new wallet using the newest version of litecoin?  This is a X11 coin.  I would like everything updated but keep all the coins the way they are.

Please don't jump on me and say do it myself.  I do not want to learn all there is to know about coding coins.
Who built that coin for you is it walletbuilder or some other coin builder,if you don't have knowledge in coding,might as well give this to the experts,some devs hire developers so they can concentrate on their roadmap,so it's better just to hire coder and concentrate in your strong point..

reiters (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:39:54 PM

Who built that coin for you is it walletbuilder or some other coin builder,if you don't have knowledge in coding,might as well give this to the experts,some devs hire developers so they can concentrate on their roadmap,so it's better just to hire coder and concentrate in your strong point..

It was not walletbuilder.  I am unfamiliar with them.  I do not want the thread to be about who.  It just seems to me that it should be possible to pull out the important pieces and upgrade the wallet.  When I try to mine too fast the wallet freezes.  When I try to close the wallet the gui portion closes but the app hangs in memory.  I'm just trying to clean it up without trashing the coin.  Not overly excited about using the original builder to update it.  He's not great with communication.

Once I get confirmation that what I want to do can be done then I'll figure out who can do it for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: