Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:13:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbees & hackers  (Read 1132 times)
vancenkansas (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 09:42:05 AM

This is my initial post to this forum (lots of lurking though) after my first 30 days mining, just got my 4th s9 up and running yesterday  (to bad I’m already down to 3 and 2/3rd miners) I’ve been using slush pool, but I created accounts on several other pools, a p2p pool or 2 for alternative hashing and got a alert immediately from my lifelock account the my email and password hash was posted on a hacker site, I’ve made the appropriate password changes blah blah but was wondering 1) are we as miners considered “hackers” by the “establishment” 2) or are the pools hacked often 3) or perhaps an inside job etc etc etc. sticking to slush for now….

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 09:54:05 AM

To answer your questions in order: No miners are not considered hackers in anyway, TRUSTWORTHY pools are not hacked very often and finally yes dodgy pools may steal BTC if you are not careful.
nawaraj

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:01:51 AM

Why wasting your time on searching best mining software, best mining pool and so on. I suggest you to use nicehash.
Monetizer

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:12:16 AM

Why wasting your time on searching best mining software, best mining pool and so on. I suggest you to use nicehash.

Maybe because it is not too hard to search for the best software/pools and that there is a difference in how they operate etc. Wouldnt you want to make sure you aren't missing out on any BTC you could have earned but either didn't because of the pool or software?
vancenkansas (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:20:51 AM

Which brings up another subject I’ve neglected  I’ve only used my browser and slushes web page to monitor my s9’s…………….. recommendations?Huh
Monetizer

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:37:49 AM

Which brings up another subject I’ve neglected  I’ve only used my browser and slushes web page to monitor my s9’s…………….. recommendations?Huh

What kind of monitoring are you talking about?
I'm not familiar with the S9's as a whole but I'm sure you could set up some kind of alerts (Even if its an alert from slush when your miner stops) so that you can leave it knowing its mining unless you get a notification.

vancenkansas (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:00:54 AM

I've seen some post on this forum saying they send some hash to one pool, some for solo but most hash to such and such pool, are there programs to point hash at certain pools or are they pointing a selected machine at a certain pool hardware...also one reply ask why I am looking for software which I haven't and now I'm wondering if I should start looking..Total noob question I'm sure but thanks for tolerating……
ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:06:39 AM

I highly recommend that you start mining at Kano.is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.0
You will get better results than you do at slush, or anywhere else.

You also won't have any security issues, and the operator of the pool (Kano) is extremely transparent with all of the pool information.

It would take a while, but read through pool thread and you will learn a lot.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:00:53 AM

This is my initial post to this forum (lots of lurking though) after my first 30 days mining, just got my 4th s9 up and running yesterday  (to bad I’m already down to 3 and 2/3rd miners) I’ve been using slush pool, but I created accounts on several other pools, a p2p pool or 2 for alternative hashing and got a alert immediately from my lifelock account the my email and password hash was posted on a hacker site, I’ve made the appropriate password changes blah blah but was wondering 1) are we as miners considered “hackers” by the “establishment” 2) or are the pools hacked often 3) or perhaps an inside job etc etc etc. sticking to slush for now….

How is mining hacking ?

A miner can not do anything but mine! It cannot hack or be used to hack. It simply does one thing and does it very well. You kinda should know these things since you claim to own 4 s9 miners.
vancenkansas (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 12:28:45 AM

https://i.imgur.com/uanY4R1.jpg?1
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 05:40:00 AM

How is mining hacking ?

A miner can not do anything but mine! It cannot hack or be used to hack. It simply does one thing and does it very well. You kinda should know these things since you claim to own 4 s9 miners.

You are right ,  it makes no sense  to  put  assumptions  on which miners  could be  hack or  would hack since their   operation is just   more  mining alone and  no other than  that.  Having  4 s9  miners  would   be   very great  though hence  you would surely  make decent profits with that and  you  must  be  knowledgeable enough  on this  things   so that you would  understand  on what you are doing and could able   to  bring  out the best  potential on mining career,

vancenkansas (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:05:23 AM

thanks for the info
Shady

Activity: 294

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:35:38 PM

Although miners may look suspicious upon normal eyes they are not considered hackers or even new era hackers.

There are many new era ideas that let us love life as opportunity opens up as well as give the feeling of breaking the law in decriminalized ways.

Among many parts of the world those dealing with cryptocurrency or other online venues have decriminalized affairs promoted. BTC varies by jurisdiction, but if you look at games like Digimon World 3 (etc.) this type of activity is exposed as crime of the future.

Normally it's rare to get spotted out, but just understand your rights as legal with full access + control of all activities.

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:56:42 PM

I highly recommend that you start mining at Kano.is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.0
You will get better results than you do at slush, or anywhere else.

You also won't have any security issues, and the operator of the pool (Kano) is extremely transparent with all of the pool information.

It would take a while, but read through pool thread and you will learn a lot.

Fees are lower, and you can get actual support on the forum if you run into an issue.
There are also posts where people have calculated you gain a few percent return by mining to the CK Pool.

contradiction

Activity: 301

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 06:14:49 AM

im just curious about mining. i know that mining is getting btc. but how? can anyone explain further? like you know you can mine gold on earth but where can you mine those btc? im just curios is there any platforms or threads that can explain that more further for us newbies? thanks in advance

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:35:54 PM

To answer your questions in order: No miners are not considered hackers in anyway, TRUSTWORTHY pools are not hacked very often and finally yes dodgy pools may steal BTC if you are not careful.
This.
Im very suprised you are mining individually... in this times its soooooooooooooooo risky. I hope u break even but so low chance you will :/.
Anyway good luck in your endevour.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: