Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:44:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A humble attempt to contribute something.  (Read 3453 times)
cryptid (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:44:40 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 04:37:12 PM by cryptid

It felt dishonest to try for a "modern-style" superhero, with body armor and gadgetry. If the Bitcoin Movement is about anything, it's about old-school waffle-knit sweatshirts with vinyl accents.

As to powers, I gave that issue a lot of thought and came up with a few alternatives:

* No powers (lame)
* Something to do with Bitcoin (obvious and lame)
* ...Pass!

When it came time to brainstorm a codename, my creative faculties were already completely spent from the above:

* Pass.

(Was the best I could manage.)

The nemesis would be pretty obvious, though: An incarnation (human or robotic) of a block chain fork. He (or she!) would be constantly trying to fork the block chain and put a stink on the entire concept of crypto-currencies. "Pass" would be summoned to beat him (or her!) up on a regular schedule, say...once per month, which would dovetail nicely with a Marvel or DC publishing schedule.

Naturally, there would be a crew of "miners", armed with pick-axes and poisoned ASICs, but here again my imagination fails me and I can't think of any stories that would involve them more deeply than a simple off-screen reference to their existence.

http://bit.ly/143chsn
http://bit.ly/Ywatns
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:47:30 PM

That's pretty awesome man Grin  Sounds like you've got the workings of a BTC graphic novel going on.

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:49:00 PM

If you make a site and put up some cartoons, I am sure there will be plenty of attention and donations!
cryptid (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:50:26 PM

Seriously? Donations!?!?! Hmmm, maybe I should have concentrated harder.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:59:24 PM

He can process data at the speed of the combined btc network, easily 'out-thinking' even the most sophisticated of supercomputers. He quickly processes all possible outcomes within nanoseconds and reacts accordingly. He's like dr manhattan on speed.

He grows in power with popularity. The more people that know about him, the stronger, smarter, and faster he becomes. As such, he is prone to outlandish attention seeking behavior and six o clock new interviews.

He cannot be destroyed or stopped, and any damage suffered only causes his aura to fork, resulting in a strengthened and more stable btcman.

His first crime fighting mission was saving a pizza delivery guy being robbed.

genuise

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:04:15 PM

what about central bankers, banksters, gov, cia agents and bosses, corrupt businessmen?

paypal, WU (cosmo-diabolic-....)

cryptid (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:05:54 PM

Yeah, all this stuff! This is what I should have come up with.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:14:50 PM

BTCMan needs a neckbeard
genuise

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:20:22 PM

Can he save Cyprus depositors? And punish a bunch of politicians controlled with strings from EU puppeteers?

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:23:48 PM

Nice work. This character seems destined for dark comedy.

Still around.
cryptid (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:25:56 PM

"The Cyprus Depositors" would be a good sub-title for the first trade paperback. Or..."Psyprus% Depositors", to give it more of a manga feel--and a better shot at global uniqueness.
zif33rs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:29:28 PM

Dude..a star was born.
BTCMan

Someone help this poor schmuck get set up with a copyright and maybe a domain name...

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
genuise

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:30:18 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 07:41:17 PM by genuise

in the end when bad guys punished, people of Psyprus depositors nation adopt bitcoin as island currency Smiley

matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:40:28 PM

It's BITMAN and he can be travel via computer to any other computer in the world at any time, even on bank holidays!  Wink

Then there'd be his sidekick, "CONFIRMATION MAN", who can do the same thing but it takes him a couple of hours.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:41:52 PM

He can process data at the speed of the combined btc network, easily 'out-thinking' even the most sophisticated of supercomputers. He quickly processes all possible outcomes within nanoseconds and reacts accordingly. He's like dr manhattan on speed.

He grows in power with popularity. The more people that know about him, the stronger, smarter, and faster he becomes. As such, he is prone to outlandish attention seeking behavior and six o clock new interviews.

He cannot be destroyed or stopped, and any damage suffered only causes his aura to fork, resulting in a strengthened and more stable btcman.

His first crime fighting mission was saving a pizza delivery guy being robbed.

You should write the scripts! I already love this stuff!!! Awesome! I also though about the speed things. However, he should have a nemesis, something that could break him, so there's always a looming chance he can be broken, but he should always make it in the last second!

Perhaps the large firetruck of China, the angry bulldog of North Korea, and a congressmann stinging bee or something.
cryptid (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:43:52 PM

The peer-to-peer-ishness probably makes the whole notion academic: Clearly this character would be peerless among mortals.... Sigh, back to the drawing board.
genuise

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:44:09 PM

ECB-FinCEN - Regulator - fat bald guy with dial knob in his hands, with analog indicators, printing presses, and abacus

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:48:02 PM

Ha!  Now we really gotta bring this idea to life.  I can lend my artistic talents OP if you ever have the time Grin

cryptid (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:54:38 PM

Hahaha! Well, it was originally posted as parody of an idea--but it seems to have legs of its own, whodathunk? I'll give it some thought.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 08:11:21 PM

The peer-to-peer-ishness probably makes the whole notion academic: Clearly this character would be peerless among mortals.... Sigh, back to the drawing board.

Actually, his powers could be drawn from his relationship to his crew of anonymous "miners".

Better yet, he could be the Frankenstein monster created by a genius (Satoshi) experimenting with genetically modified human DNA, drawing his strength from a nebulous network of mysterious individuals located around the globe. His kryptonite would be the 51% attack on his personal network which his nemesis is always scheming to discover.

Still around.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: