Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:19:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL week of 10/30 games  (Read 326 times)
Rubberduckie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 12:34:15 PM

Great week last week with a big win on Philly and already have one
play I like so far.

TB -1 over oakland.

I really think this raider team is much better than in the past and think they have a bright
future. I just think its a big ask for the raiders to keep winning on the road and especially
with back to back florida games. They have done a crap ton of traveling and it has to catch
up at some point.

I will be posting any other plays I add for the weekend here. Also as always
I'm always excited to hear what you guys think and what games you like.

CoolJakeB

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:47:43 PM

Looking at the NFL schedule for Week 8, the best games for the upcoming week are the Patriots vs. Bills, Eagles vs. Cowboys, and Packers vs. Falcons. All three of these matchups will have playoff implications and are the games to watch. I am most looking forward to the Patriots playing the Bills again, this time on the road, looking to avenge their only loss of the season to Buffalo. The first time the Patriots met the Bills, Tom Brady was still serving his suspension, and this time with a better team, I think the Patriots win this game easy. With the other two games mentioned, I'm going with the Eagles and Packers.
Rubberduckie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:56:18 AM

Looking at the NFL schedule for Week 8, the best games for the upcoming week are the Patriots vs. Bills, Eagles vs. Cowboys, and Packers vs. Falcons. All three of these matchups will have playoff implications and are the games to watch. I am most looking forward to the Patriots playing the Bills again, this time on the road, looking to avenge their only loss of the season to Buffalo. The first time the Patriots met the Bills, Tom Brady was still serving his suspension, and this time with a better team, I think the Patriots win this game easy. With the other two games mentioned, I'm going with the Eagles and Packers.

yeah I am really interested in the pats game to. Tom Brady is playing like a
possessed man since his suspension but they are laying 6 on the road. Ryan
plays them tough but pats were shut out at home to this team. I have this weird
feeling Pats roll and get revenge but tough laying that many points.

Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

TB -1 over oakland.

I really think this raider team is much better than in the past and think they have a bright
future. I just think its a big ask for the raiders to keep winning on the road and especially
with back to back florida games. They have done a crap ton of traveling and it has to catch
up at some point.

I took Oak +1 over TB.

I agree, the Raiders are improved -  at least their offense is anyway. Their defense not so much. They have a balanced offensive attack and enough weapons to move the ball and put points on the board. Their defense though has a tendency to give up big plays. But they are also able to come up with turnovers, so there's that.

The reason I picked them this week at +1 (even though I agree with you that they are due to lose on the road) is the same reason I picked them last week - because they DO actually keep winning on the road. Watching them play last week, they didn't seem at all affected by traveling all the way across the country. They've won back to back weeks playing away on the East coast earlier in this season - Baltimore and Tennessee (I know, Tenn isn't exactly on the East coast, but close enough).

I'm picking NYJ -2.5 over Clev.

Even though Fitzpatrick is horribad, they at least have a running game. And the "Always bet against Cleveland" is always a safe play.

I'm also taking NE -6.5 vs the Bills

This is a double vengeance game for the Pats - Vengeance against the Bills for week 4 and the continuation of Brady's Vengeance Tour against the League. You know Bilicheck will be out for more than -6.5 pts of revenge.
Rubberduckie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:20:42 AM

TB -1 over oakland.

up at some point.

I took Oak +1 over TB.

I agree, the Raiders are improved -  at least their offense is anyway. Their defense not so much. They have a balanced offensive attack and enough weapons to move the ball and put points on the board. Their defense though has a tendency to give up big plays. But they are also able to come up with turnovers, so there's that.

The reason I picked them this week at +1 (even though I agree with you that they are due to lose on the road) is the same reason I picked them last week - because they DO actually keep winning on the road. Watching them play last week, they didn't seem at all affected by traveling all the way across the country. They've won back to back weeks playing away on the East coast earlier in this season - Baltimore and Tennessee (I know, Tenn isn't exactly on the East coast, but close enough).

I'm picking NYJ -2.5 over Clev.

Even though Fitzpatrick is horribad, they at least have a running game. And the "Always bet against Cleveland" is always a safe play.

I'm also taking NE -6.5 vs the Bills

This is a double vengeance game for the Pats - Vengeance against the Bills for week 4 and the continuation of Brady's Vengeance Tour against the League. You know Bilicheck will be out for more than -6.5 pts of revenge.

looks like we are on the opposite sides on the raiders but thats a good thing. I love a good
healthy debate Smiley and you do make a good point how they already did that this year but it all
adds up. Can't wait to see the game it should be a good one.

Rubberduckie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:25:40 AM

going to be adding another play I just can't stay away from.

Initially I wanted to stay away from the game but the more I think on it the
more I like it

Carolina -3

So I wanted to stay away because zona just played on Sunday night to that 6-6
tie and could see them being pissed. Also they got blown out in carolina in the NFC
championship game last year. I just can't though, everyone is writing out the panthers
and this line is really telling. I think this game should be more like a PK but zona is crap
on the road especially out west. Carolina comes off the bye and wins by 13-17.

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 05:11:47 AM

It was mixed results for all of us except for Junko who won all 3 of the picks posted, well done my friend on the hits. I really thought the Cleveland Browns would win this week against an average team in the New York Jets. It was looking good at half time for the Browns but they faded out in that second half.

That made it 2 losses for Cleveland today with the Browns loosing and also the Cleveland Indians loosing.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Junko
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:52:31 PM

It was mixed results for all of us except for Junko who won all 3 of the picks posted, well done my friend on the hits. I really thought the Cleveland Browns would win this week against an average team in the New York Jets. It was looking good at half time for the Browns but they faded out in that second half.

That made it 2 losses for Cleveland today with the Browns loosing and also the Cleveland Indians loosing.

Thanks, bud. I was worried watching things develop with my picks for the Raiders and Jets, but luckily things went my way with those bets. They could have easily gone the other way so I do feel fortunate.

I was pretty sure of the Pats covering. That was one of those games Belicheck is known for - running up the score big to make an obvious FU statement.
Rubberduckie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:33:24 AM

nice job junko!!! that oakland game was a close one. A missed xtra point seemed to
be the difference there and they had many chances in overtime but wow what horrible play
calling lol.

Carolina got it done.

Can't believe the eagles blew that game and didn't get a cover as I added that game late.

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 05:35:52 AM

nice job junko!!! that oakland game was a close one. A missed xtra point seemed to
be the difference there and they had many chances in overtime but wow what horrible play
calling lol.

Carolina got it done.

Can't believe the eagles blew that game and didn't get a cover as I added that game late.

There were a lot of missed chances in a few games, not only the Oakland game but also the Washington game and also the Chargers game where they had a field goal blocked and also an extra point blocked which if they scored might of changed the outcome of the game even though they lost by more then those points put together but scoring points can change the momentum of the game and when points are blocked it sends a negative feeling in the team and they perform poorly like the Chargers did.

Anyway onto week 9 where I can see some upsets with a couple of games.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Junko
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 04:27:38 PM

calling lol.

Carolina got it done.

Thanks, man. I was lucky the gambling gods smiled on my sorry ass this time.

Yeah, and good call on Carolina.

I stayed away from the Philly-Dallas game just because when those two specific teams play each other it is always unpredictible no matter how good or bad either one of them are, how evenly or unevenly matched they are or where they play. The point spreads don't even matter. I can't tell you how much money I've lost betting that rivalry over the last few years. I learned my lesson the hard way.  Sad

@vell85: Yeah, there was a lot of game drama this past weekend. I haven't seen the lines yet for this weeks games, but I'm sure there will be more drama and action to come. Most of the divisions are still up for grabs even at this point of the season. Looking forward to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: