Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:28:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins not arrived in wallet...  (Read 2244 times)
sb00byd00 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:26:29 PM

Sorry if I seem daft but I'm new at this...
I recently acquired some bitcoins on bitstamp.net which I then sent to my wallet (multibit), thing is they never arrived. I looked up the address I sent it to on blockexplorer - http://blockexplorer.com/address/1HEwRtfwCiebVxGP2HsffxKexF3HGdong8 - and the transaction is listed but I dont know enough to understand much of the info there. I don't understand why they've not arrived in my wallet, it's been over 24h, any ideas please???
jrlichtman

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 08:48:25 PM

I recently had a small transaction take a month to go through.

The key is the transaction fee that you're willing to pay (setting in your wallet program). If it is too small, it can take a long time for the transaction to be viewed by "peers", which is the process by which it is validated.
sb00byd00 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:55:27 PM

How much should I set to to get decent transaction speeds?
robcat

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:55:39 PM

The transaction arrived correctly and was included in the block 229321, as your links says.
What didn't arrive? If your local client is not updating the balance, one of these thing could has happened:
- Your address is not 1HEwRtfwCiebVxGP2HsffxKexF3HGdong8
- The client doesn't have the block 229321 (mabe it's disconnected from the network), so it can't find the transaction
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:56:47 PM

Sorry if I seem daft but I'm new at this...
I recently acquired some bitcoins on bitstamp.net which I then sent to my wallet (multibit), thing is they never arrived. I looked up the address I sent it to on blockexplorer - http://blockexplorer.com/address/1HEwRtfwCiebVxGP2HsffxKexF3HGdong8 - and the transaction is listed but I dont know enough to understand much of the info there. I don't understand why they've not arrived in my wallet, it's been over 24h, any ideas please???

Does your wallet have the complete blockchain downloaded?

I recently had a small transaction take a month to go through.

The key is the transaction fee that you're willing to pay (setting in your wallet program). If it is too small, it can take a long time for the transaction to be viewed by "peers", which is the process by which it is validated.

Transaction fees don't apply in this situation as it's already been confirmed in a block.
sb00byd00 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:08:56 PM

Wow thanks tysat
all I had to do was "reset blockchain" on my wallet and they magically appeared. What a relief...
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:12:23 PM

Wow thanks tysat
all I had to do was "reset blockchain" on my wallet and they magically appeared. What a relief...

Good tip for the future, if you can see it on blockexplorer then it's been confirmed at least once.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: