Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:24:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Rallies During Presidential Election  (Read 991 times)
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:46:10 PM

We can't identity the reason, and that's make that section so living Grin ! It also contributes to people buying bitcoins since all their phantasms are awakened.

I think many people, after  halving,  were claiming that bitcoin price will touch $1000 in December this year. and i think the current price increase is the way towards that price of $1000 mark in December.
I dont think Presidential Election has anything to do with the price boost of bitcoins.

If there is instability then bitcoin always has an excuse to rise so it can effect the price.  Just like if there is an issue in crypto world the bitcoin has a reason to drop.  The current move looks like its to do with a china or a natural increase in value though IMO.

What do you mean by "natural increase in value"? Is there something like "unnatural increase in value"? In my opinion, all increases in Bitcoin's value are natural, regardless the cause. Wink

Financial journalists have a tendency to seek causes for market movements, because they need something to write. Just listing the recent trades can't justify paying them. Most financial journalism is pure guesswork and can't be reliably verified. They connect totally unrelated things to make a story. These people just write something that sounds somehow plausible with no research involved at all. Yet many of the true causes for market movements are never discovered, because they never became news in the first place.

If you want to become a good investor it's advisable to ignore financial journalists. You don't need to know the reason for a specific price increase of Bitcoin. It's totally sufficient to know that Bitcoin is a superior currency, not subject to monetary inflation...

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 01:38:40 PM

I am hoping for a Trump win. There are rumors that if Trump wins the bitcoin price will skyrocket since Trump is unpredictable and no one knows whats going to happen, therefore Bitcoin will be used as a safe haven.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 02:14:44 PM

It is good to know but regardless of reason or correlation with is unknown to me. Or, it is just a coincidence that it is election  this November in USA. Or there are many money right now flowing is US due to election spending that is why some are use o buy the bitcoin, just only an opinion  for possible bitcoin rallies.

Open for Campaigns
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 02:49:37 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2016, 08:10:16 PM by tee-rex

I am hoping for a Trump win. There are rumors that if Trump wins the bitcoin price will skyrocket since Trump is unpredictable and no one knows whats going to happen, therefore Bitcoin will be used as a safe haven.

Trump may not be predictable, but the major issue with these elections is that Hillary is. And her predictability doesn't bode well for the whole world since everyone and his dog knows what is going to happen if she gets elected. If you ask me, I would rather opt for Trump's unpredictability than Clinton's conformity.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 03:10:53 PM

There seems to be a correlation, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's also causation due to the Presidential elections.
If any candidate had any meaningful thing to say about Bitcoin, then we could see some reaction from the market after the election is over.

But these fluctuations have other reasons imo.

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 03:20:47 PM

Although I'm sure all Americans will hate to hear this, the world (and bitcoin price) does not solely revolve around what's going on in your economy. It's a global currency. It's fairly obvious to anyone outside of your bubble that the price has a little to do with many different countries.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 03:21:40 PM

There was a popular belief that Bitcoin will skyrocket after Brexit, didn't happen. It's all just a pure speculation, we all can talk about how and when will bitcoin go to the moon, but our faith in Bitcoin is measured by amount of fiat we put in it.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 04:47:51 PM

Although I'm sure all Americans will hate to hear this, the world (and bitcoin price) does not solely revolve around what's going on in your economy. It's a global currency. It's fairly obvious to anyone outside of your bubble that the price has a little to do with many different countries.

I strongly agree with that. The Americans are not controlling Bitcoin. It is the Chinese that do. I hope this will bring you some peace of mind. On the flip side, though, we must admit that what's going on in the US economy will repercuss strongly across the whole world. It seems that no one particularly loves America, but somehow everybody loves American dollar.
De Selby

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 05:46:23 PM

Well, I think there's a correlation between USD:CNY and USD:BTC. Since Bitcoin can be used to hedge against a depreciating currency, the further the Chinese Yuan drops, the higher the price of Bitcoin will rise.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: