Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:20:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help Regarding Proof of Stake Block Rewards!  (Read 242 times)
ldgryvvh (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 09:37:57 AM

Hoping i will be able to get a reply about something that has been bothering me the longest regarding Proof of Stake and unable to find an answer despite my attempts on many forums.

My question is regarding the block rewards. Maybe i understand it wrongly but if i were to relate it to Bitcoin where in every block there is a reward (50) now 25. How does the proof of stake block reward then? Seeing some alt coins these days giving very generous interest, some 1% a day! However in my experience downloading and staking these coins, the reward is never consistently what it claims. Take for example a 1% interest a day coin. The rewards come a few days once and it does not equate to 1% daily. I understand this involves coin age. so let me give an example.

I have 1000 coins that have been staking for 3 days. On the fourth woo hoo, i finally get to mint a PoS block.
How does this block suddenly have say 3.7 coins to give me compared to say another who mint a PoS block and was awarded 109 coins because he has a larger stake.

So my question. How does the block KNOW how to give this figures? It cannot be random and how is the block designed to say generate coins out of the blue according to stake? In other words, there must be a method to this fixed randomness?

Any formula regarding how the protocol is designed will be so helpful...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4538

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 09:47:57 AM

this section of the forum is more for bitcoin which is a POW. not a POS.

so its better to know which coin you are talking about and then you can go find the main promoter or dev of that coin and ask them direct. some coins even have an IRC or slack portal to talk directly with those involved.

many POS coins have different formulae.

some POS coins base the code on whoever made a transaction within the block to become part of the block securing mechanism and their involvement is rewarded.
some POS coins base the code on randomly selecting nodes that are available on the network.

there are many more. so its hard to give you a proper answer here.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: