Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Howto for installing Testnet faucet?  (Read 848 times)
ArpFlush (OP)

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:02:18 PM

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise me in installing a testnet bitcoin faucet? I already have a webhosting and I can use various CMS (e.g. WP).

Thanks  Wink

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 12:07:15 PM

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise me in installing a testnet bitcoin faucet? I already have a webhosting and I can use various CMS (e.g. WP).

Thanks  Wink

I'd probably just install bitcoin core, and run a daemon in testnet mode... Then i would create a php/mysql script to use json-rpc in order to generate transactions when a claim was made. Especially when talking about testnet, it's all pretty basic stuff. Just a form an a captcha. When info is posted, enter the ip and timestamp into the db and check if a claim can be made. If true, either make a json-rpc call, or store the info into a db and run a cronjob to query the db and make the transaction on an hourly/daily basis)

You could probably use an open source script like this one to do the same thing:
https://github.com/tuaris/FaucetRPC

(disclaimer: just found this script by searching github, i have no idear if this one is secure).

EDIT: if it's 100% sure testnet only, i'd be willing to invest a couple of hours in order to write something up whenever i have some time (might take a couple of weeks tough)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ArpFlush (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:26:33 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks  Wink

I'd probably just install bitcoin core, and run a daemon in testnet mode... Then i would create a php/mysql script to use json-rpc in order to generate transactions when a claim was made. Especially when talking about testnet, it's all pretty basic stuff. Just a form an a captcha. When info is posted, enter the ip and timestamp into the db and check if a claim can be made. If true, either make a json-rpc call, or store the info into a db and run a cronjob to query the db and make the transaction on an hourly/daily basis)

You could probably use an open source script like this one to do the same thing:

(disclaimer: just found this script by searching github, i have no idear if this one is secure).

EDIT: if it's 100% sure testnet only, i'd be willing to invest a couple of hours in order to write something up whenever i have some time (might take a couple of weeks tough)

Would be awesome, thanks. Yes, pure testnet  Wink
I'll check out the link too!

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 10:08:57 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2016, 11:32:50 AM by mocacinno

Hi guys,

Thanks  Wink

Would be awesome, thanks. Yes, pure testnet  Wink
I'll check out the link too!

Since i had a couple of hours today, i quickly made a proof of concept testnet faucet:
https://github.com/mocacinno/simple_testnet_faucet

It's a PROOF OF CONCEPT TESTNET FAUCET, DO NOT RUN IT ON THE MAIN NET!!!!! It will work, but your funds will be drained in mere days
I did nothing, repeat nothing, to avoid abuse of this system, nor did i check for security vulnerabiltys...

If you want to use this faucet as a mainnet faucet, you'll have to extend/fix/patch this code and at least:
- check for possible vulnerabilitys
- add ref system (add a table, insert each address as a user, keep track of the referring user, when running cronjob.php insert record in the faucet table to pay out refferer)
- kick bots
- kick proxy's
- kick VPN's
- kick tor
- create blacklist
- create admin page
- add extra checks: 1 claim per ip, 1 claim per address,...
- add captcha
- make a nice gui
- add an installation script
- add bitcoin.conf sample
- implement session
- implement ad management
- test the hell out of it

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ArpFlush (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:18:26 PM

Hi again,

Sorry for this very late reply. Thanks for helping out. We are testing your test atm. I'll keep you posted on further updates  Wink

Thanks again!

vivland

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:50:54 PM

Unless the test reveals all the pros and cons of the project? If only indicates general directions

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: