Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:44:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] unopened tube of 20 1 BTC silver Casascius coins  (Read 1175 times)
elianite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1379
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 04:21:15 PM

Can they guarantee the capsule is genuinely sealed, is there some sort of tamper evident mechanism sealing it that couldn't be purchased off the shelf?

I would think the longer they are in the tube, the more chance they have to be shuffled around and scratched before being opened.  This could most likely be the reason for keeping them "unopened" since they could have been moved around a lot and obviously this is a buyer beware/do your homework situation.

It seems like the right time to sell if they're thinking about it.  If BTC goes down I'd estimate they are still worth the same amount in BTC due to unknown condition/possible scratching.

I will get some photos up soonish. I'm confident that it is genuinely sealed & have full confidence in the seller.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 01:18:11 PM

Any Casascius silver rolls that I have opened have themselves been inside a heat sealed bag, together with a Casascius business card that has the roll number written on it.

Would be very interesting to know if these are also still inside that (as well as the tube)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: