Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:04:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stash Launches ‘Bank In A Box’ Bitcoin Full Node  (Read 458 times)
Posternut (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:40:17 PM

The Austin, Texas-based software startup Stash Inc., has just announced the release of its first product — the “Stash Node Pro.” The device is a Bitcoin full node with various features that protect privacy and cryptographic financial security.

Stash Reveals Its Bitcoin Full Node With Strong & Privacy-Centric Cryptography

Stash is a privacy-focused Bitcoin company founded by Cliff Baltzley and Chris Odom. The company’s first product, the Stash Node Pro, will be the world’s first Open-Transactions hardware device. The plug-and-play device is a Bitcoin full node roughly five-by-five inches in size.

https://news.bitcoin.com/stash-bank-box-bitcoin-full-node/
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:48:29 PM

Another interesting news about bitcoin. More companies realize the strength of bitcoin and many are setting a business integrating bitcoin in it.Bitcoin is becoming mainstream, no doubt with that.

Open for Campaigns
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:51:24 PM

This is really interesting ! I still don't understand how It's going to support any blockchain size in the future , there must be some kind of limits ? price is expensive too but It's the ideal tool for those who wants to support the Bitcoin network without having to use their PC resources

First 21 adopters; 1 per household = 1.000 BTC
remaining units (78 of 99 total) = $887 in BTC
List price = $987 plus shipping
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 06:46:30 PM

no specs on the hardware in that box?  it's running btcd on linux i assume? 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:19:21 PM

Compare to Bitseed Core at $169.

https://bitseed.org/product/core/

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:07:50 PM

no specs on the hardware in that box?  it's running btcd on linux i assume?  

https://stashnode.com/faqs.html
What are the Stash Node Pro hardware specs?
The Node Pro has a 1 TB hard drive, a quad core processor, takes about 14 Watts of power, and has dimensions of 5.3" L x 5" W x 1.8" H (13.5cm L x 12.8cm W x 4.5cm H). Of course, it's the unique software which it runs under StashOS, that makes it so powerful.

1tb hard drive = ~ 5 years minimum lifespan at the segwit 4mb max blockweight. obviously it takes time to get to that max bloat amount. so id say 7-10 years utility as a fair expectation..

although its a pre-built system but is 99% open source.
id suggest importing your own wallet seeds/privkeys just to be sure the key generator within the device is not compromised(derived from a master key they own), if your just going to run it as-is.
but still worth checking the source code in the device itself incase the device got intercepted in shipment just to be 100% sure.
and to check the device doesnt transmit keys.
hopefully the guys will release file hashes as a quick way to achieve this to validate the executables have not been modified

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:44:31 PM

Yeah you have to go to the FAQ section to get the hardware specs.
The 1TB hard drive is a little troubling to me. It seems like you would want to put a 5TB drive or something, especially considering how cheap storage drives have become.
Can they use some form of compression or another technology on the blockchain in the future?

I like the idea and the fact that they are trying to offer a service that combines a node, a wallet, a bitcoin mixer etc in one platform.
Its a cool idea, at least.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 12:44:19 AM

The 1TB hard drive is a little troubling to me. It seems like you would want to put a 5TB drive or something, especially considering how cheap storage drives have become.
Can they use some form of compression or another technology on the blockchain in the future?

I like the idea and the fact that they are trying to offer a service that combines a node, a wallet, a bitcoin mixer etc in one platform.

most hardware is defunct/out of date in 4-5 years so i think the 1TB is enough..
give them a few years and their next version will probably have more. but as i said 1TB is atleast 5 years, but more realistically 7-10years. which is adequate

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 12:48:10 AM

most hardware is defunct/out of date in 4-5 years so i think the 1TB is enough..
give them a few years and their next version will probably have more. but as i said 1TB is atleast 5 years, but more realistically 7-10years. which is adequate
1 TB is definitely more than enough for what you need to run something like that. If you need more data storage than that, you might want to reconsider a lot of what you do and how you manage your data. I still struggle to fill 1 TB with a number of games on my computer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: