Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC exchangeable on Swiss railway ticket vending machines  (Read 434 times)
psycodad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1608
Merit: 1591

精神分析的爸

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:18:21 AM

Wihin two weeks all ticket vending machines of the Swiss railways ('SBB') will allow you to buy BTC:

German news article:
http://www.handelszeitung.ch/unternehmen/die-sbb-wagt-den-schritt-die-welt-der-bitcoins-1246341

English description on SBB's website:
https://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/further-services/bitcoin.html

Just read this in the news and wanted to forward it, looks quite like a milestone for cryptocurrencies in general to me.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 10:13:23 AM

Wow this is very interesting for real. So you could just top-up your Bitcoin wallet using your Swiss mobile phone? And 500 Swiss francs are around 450 Euros so not too shabby on the max amount, too. If I were living in Switzerland I would be all over this in November  Grin
CoolJakeB

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 03:23:03 PM

This is great news for Bitcoin and for the people who use it! The more places around the world where Bitcoin is accepted, the more notoriety it gets, and the more people will get interested in the cryptocurrency. I see that in Switzerland, Bitcoin is getting increasingly popular, and it is great to hear that they already have over 1,000 ticket machines, making transactions easy. I hope that other countries will follow the lead of the Swiss, and we will see more of Bitcoin in our everyday lives.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 12:53:07 PM

This is real + live + working OK now!

I just got me some and you can really trace the deals here

https://therocktrading.com/en/offers/BTCEUR

Great!!!

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 01:16:50 PM

This is an interesting alternative to Bitcoin ATM's, an info on how do these systems run? Interested in what kind of software does it have and how was the Bitcoin system integrated within the ticket vending machines...

I assume these machines are quite widespread, at least on train stations, which is interesting for people traveling from abroad and will make it easy to implement a BTC marketplace in many places throughout Switzerland and who knows, maybe other countries eventually.

Hope the fees aren't all that bad and that they don't ask for personal data... It would be cool to read feedback on the system.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 01:33:40 PM

This is an interesting alternative to Bitcoin ATM's, an info on how do these systems run? Interested in what kind of software does it have and how was the Bitcoin system integrated within the ticket vending machines...

I assume these machines are quite widespread, at least on train stations, which is interesting for people traveling from abroad and will make it easy to implement a BTC marketplace in many places throughout Switzerland and who knows, maybe other countries eventually.

Hope the fees aren't all that bad and that they don't ask for personal data... It would be cool to read feedback on the system.

It is running on their standart terminal software - just another option like load a prepaid card or buy a train ticket.

You need to scan your target QR and need a Swiss mobile- no to get a pin code.

Than you can pay your fiat and get a ticket print reciept + some minutes later you bitcoin.

Rest is done from SweePay / Zug / Switzerland

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: