Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:04:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How are you mining Zcash. CPU/GPU/Cloud?
1 CPU Rig - 10 (11.9%)
1 GPU Rig - 10 (11.9%)
2-6 GPU Rig - 40 (47.6%)
7+ GPU Rigs - 9 (10.7%)
Cloud Minning - 6 (7.1%)
Planning a Rig CPU/GPU - 3 (3.6%)
Not planning to Mine Zcash - 6 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 84

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Z.cash mining is up! What you using? What you getting? BTC/ZEC whichever.  (Read 12048 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:51:30 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2016, 08:27:41 AM by Searing

Well below is my 'puny' setup using windows 10 64 bit with the nicehash CPU miner direct to BTC for now.
At the below address.

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1PbhCD56EE1ur45UvTca5wEUkAPpTi25oq

Currently as of just launched I'm making 13.7c per day. (Zowie!) on my

Windows 10 64 bit Satellite Pro 2010 st-6844 with 8 gig max ram (full) and Intel 4 core (8 core with virtual cores) (also currently running on 6 cores in bat file)
at a blinding I7 Q20 1.90 GHz CPU again with 8 meg ram total.

1.64/sols speed

0.0001 BTC a day.

13.7c USD a day

Living the dream I am. LOL Smiley

Here is the youtube link I used to toss this up on the Windows 10 machine. I plan on getting a Ubuntu 16.04 box up with 8 gig I have laying about up and running this
for giggles also.

Eventually I MAY figure out how to make an address and a wallet. But not that far yet

Anyway the youtube video link took 10 min to watch and 2 min to install. Just make sure you find out how many cores your CPU has via looking up the specs
the bat file is setup he uses on the youtube video (see comments) and all you put in for nicehash is your BTC address and what you have for cores.

I have my cores set at the end of the batch file at 6 IF I'm not using it for much or it dog's down. CPU performance is probably 80%. Remember on Intel I7 CPU's
from what I understand have 4 real cores and 4 virtual cores for a total of 8 cores. The author in the youtube video used 6 as did I. Also note even thou I have
an I7 that 'supposedly' could use the newer computer file he mentions in the video. Mine was too old (2000 machine) thus I used what he uses for a batch
file mentioned. So all I7 CPU's are not equal.

Also nicehash only mines to BTC directly to your address. (payouts daily). Anyway again the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVNGcF37jM4

He has an update to the above to mine GPU and or the above CPU to an address wallet on a pool. I have not got that far yet. So check his thread.

The other CPU version he mentions is below. Windows 64 bit also. BUT it mines to a pool and address and such. I've not figured out how to make a wallet yet. Need a Linux box setup
I'm working on first ..but here is the link if you want or know how to jump right to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt4rsP5qshE

His same channel on youtube has GPU miner setup of various kinds and other stuff.

Anyway folks on here can post there results and/or rigs and we can see if this boat floats or not. Anyway the above CPU setup is quick and amusing as a way to start.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheRider

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 11:00:54 AM

Time for an upgrade? Smiley

I'm currently running my work desktop and work laptop, home laptop, and a couple of VPS machines, all CPU only, totalling around 75 Sol/s for an average 0.0032 BTC/day at the moment. Haven't started running my GPU rig yet. Nicehash payrates are pretty volatile, so I'm going to switch to another pool and hold ZEC when mainnet launches.
Bepesand

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 11:35:54 AM

I saw that the CPU miners are very efficient at the moment, much more efficient than the GPU. So the initial hash will be high.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 12:36:15 PM

Time for an upgrade? Smiley

I'm currently running my work desktop and work laptop, home laptop, and a couple of VPS machines, all CPU only, totalling around 75 Sol/s for an average 0.0032 BTC/day at the moment. Haven't started running my GPU rig yet. Nicehash payrates are pretty volatile, so I'm going to switch to another pool and hold ZEC when mainnet launches.

Yeah I may with a buddy point a full rig (6 cards) or a 1/2 rig (3 cards) at this. The catch imho is everyone is so p/o'd at ethereum if this looks as good as even ETC classic at some
point and gets around a $1 a coin.....the eth classic guys imho (those left) will bolt ..especially if either goes to a POS coin or in Eth classic's case make No DECISION on such and plug
ears going nanananana...which also is annoying

I never expected ethereum and GPU mining to make a comeback...considering that BTC uses enough electric as Denmark I think I read....figured I'd see where it goes...might be a coin
again in this particular direction..GPU wise I mean Smiley

I"d give it a 1 out of 20 chance of it getting someday to the 18c a coin LISK price now.......but hey missed the CPU days ..kinda cool how it works.

More importantly, it is getting me off my butt to put together the 2 towers I no longer use (regular non mining graphic cards of the 20 buck variety) from parts scattered across
the house...put them all back in 2 cases..where they should be as doorstops Smiley IF i spend a little electric and it makes me get that done ..I'm ahead Smiley

(boredom is a dangerous thing in crypto..passed on the A4 Innsilicon scrypt miners and their 45 day warranty......thus doing this to 'beat' the ASIC withdrawal cravings Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:48:39 PM

I have some hash at genesis mining.
anyone without a rig can rent one using my referrals in my sig. thanks Smiley
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3854

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 08:10:30 PM

Hi guy, anybody tried zcash.flypool.org (same guys who do ethermine and ethpool)?

I tried to install genoil's 2.2 and 3.2 as per their instructions, but windows 10 refuses to run genoil.exe from a bat file.
my driver is 16.9.1
How you guys do it? is there a minimal amount of RAM?
Simpan

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 08:11:56 PM

I have some hash at genesis mining.
anyone without a rig can rent one using my referrals in my sig. thanks Smiley

If you want to rent the hashing, it is cheaper to rent it from the Nicehash. That could be 5 times cheaper.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 08:20:28 PM

mining on two sites atm

one with CPU's

http://zcash.flypool.org/ I can't GPU mine here yet the AMD miner they link for windows crashes with in second and i can't find another windows based software miner that works on  that site and Bash on Ubuntu on Windows is a bitch to set up and i get bored tiring to get the AMD drivers to install and not gonna box all my PC with Ubuntu. I like windows to much .

the other site GPU mining

http://coinsforall.io   mining here only  because there software miner  only works on there site, i tried with zcash.flypool in the conf,  it won't connect .

gonna check out super nova next

don't care much for nicehash .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 08:30:45 PM

mining on two sites atm

one with CPU's

http://zcash.flypool.org/ I can't GPU mine here yet the AMD miner they link for windows crashes with in second and i can't find another windows based software miner that works on  that site and Bash on Ubuntu on Windows is a bitch to set up and i get bored tiring to get the AMD drivers to install and not gonna box all my PC with Ubuntu. I like windows to much .

http://coinsforall.io   mining here only  because there software miner  only works on there site, i tried with zcash.flypool in the conf,  it won't connect .

I had exactly the same experience on zcash.flypool.org. miner crashes within a second.
What a bummer.
will try suprnova once they have t-addresses working (right now crashes on suprnova as well)
what platform is AMD (1?)
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 08:41:51 PM

I got all my ETH gear up and running on ZEC since it went live.

I am mining at http://zcash.nicehash.com/

13 x 480 8GB
6 x 470 4GB

~340s/s

Mining to my polo ZEC adress, i hope that works well.
A windows wallet would be good  Roll Eyes
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:07:06 PM

mining on two sites atm

one with CPU's

I had exactly the same experience on zcash.flypool.org. miner crashes within a second.
What a bummer.
will try suprnova once they have t-addresses working (right now crashes on suprnova as well)
what platform is AMD (1?)

in that software for AMD no idea yet i wish it worked I'm  gonna like zcash.flypool a lot probable as mush as i like ethermine.org one of there sister sites.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:16:25 PM

genoil.exe does nothing, but at least genoil-te-8.exe was able to activate GPU's, then quit.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:21:48 PM

If I mine zec to BTC address on nicehash, is there way to check worker and when does to pool transfer zec to btc, daily or as they mature?

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:23:31 PM

Yeah genoil.exe just crashes on me. genoil-te-8.exe works great but it's not actually doing anything is it? After 30mins I still ad 0H/s on flypool, I couln't find any info on what those genoil-te-#.exe version really do. Currently using nicehash miner, 74Sols/s on 4x RX470s, 350W@wall...incredible! that's 200W less than ETH...
molitar

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 05:04:39 AM

Immature balance of 0.00083744.  The hashing is holding steady now also and shares is increasing. Is there no way to bookmark the wallet so I do not have to keep entering my wallet address in to check my earnings?

Also can anyone tell me what the I/s stands for in the hash rate?

[2016-10-29 00:38:22.545302][0x00000da8]: Speed [300 sec]: 26.2433 I/s, 49.3333 Sols/s
[2016-10-29 00:38:23.109334][0x0000173c]: stratum | Submitting share #1110, nonce 0100000000000000000000000000000f
[2016-10-29 00:38:23.178338][0x00001508]: stratum | Accepted share #1110

BTW I have 4 cores of my 8 core FX 8370 processor, 1 RX 480 8GB, 1 R9 380x 4GB, and 1 R9 280x 3GB card.

Is my sol's look proper for my configuration?

nheqminer_zcash -l usa -u <wallet_address> -t 4 -od 0 1 2
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 05:06:19 AM

Yeah genoil.exe just crashes on me. genoil-te-8.exe works great but it's not actually doing anything is it? After 30mins I still ad 0H/s on flypool, I couln't find any info on what those genoil-te-#.exe version really do. Currently using nicehash miner, 74Sols/s on 4x RX470s, 350W@wall...incredible! that's 200W less than ETH...

Did you flash rom or using original? It seems NH miner works with original bios but not with modded ones, at least for my 480s. Can't get my modded 470s to work with NH miner, getting no OCL error.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 05:10:40 AM

This whole thing is a disaster

Miners suck, crashing all the time or incompatible with newer OS.
Zcashd getting errors and crashing
Pools can't keep their software working right

The only good thing so far is the crazy price, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone spends $1000 on some zcash that it gets lost on the way to their wallet.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 06:37:26 AM

This whole thing is a disaster

Miners suck, crashing all the time or incompatible with newer OS.
Zcashd getting errors and crashing
Pools can't keep their software working right

The only good thing so far is the crazy price, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone spends $1000 on some zcash that it gets lost on the way to their wallet.

Not only this, but trying to connect to zcash messed up my ethereum mining for several hours, even on rigs that were not connected to zcash.
Either it was just me, or the whole ethermine pool went down.
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 07:06:54 AM

Did you flash rom or using original? It seems NH miner works with original bios but not with modded ones, at least for my 480s. Can't get my modded 470s to work with NH miner, getting no OCL error.

All My 470s are modded with voltage offset, they do 28.5/6 on ETH for about 115W/card. I only do voltage offset with hex editor. NH has been rock solid for hours now.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:16:46 AM

Hi guy, anybody tried zcash.flypool.org (same guys who do ethermine and ethpool)?

I tried to install genoil's 2.2 and 3.2 as per their instructions, but windows 10 refuses to run genoil.exe from a bat file.
my driver is 16.9.1
How you guys do it? is there a minimal amount of RAM?

Haven't tried it on any AMD rigs yet, as all of my AMD rigs are LINUX.
 The "nicehash" miner they posted works fine on 3 NVidia rigs I've tried it on though (dual 950 rig, dual 960 + 1 950, and a short period to do some testing on a single 1070 in a rig I was building up tonight).
 All Win 7, Nvidia driver version 472.90 IIRC (NOT the most recent one, that one has MAJOR issues with some stuff I've tried it on so I ended up rolling back to a KNOWN working version).

950 and 960s are both pulling very close to 10 sol/s, 1070 was pulling ballpark 30, all with right about the same to a hair lower power consumption vs. Ethereum mining.

ethmine.org went down for about 10 hours - POOL stats showed that, wasn't just you.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: