Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:58:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arbitrage trading ?  (Read 2189 times)
Araudan (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 12:32:32 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm making some research about how to do bitcoin arbitrage trading.

My main problem is not the time to deposit fiat money, but the time to send bitcoin to the other exchange.
So my question is : how I can sell immediately btc I just bought, to the other exchange who offers a bigger price ?
I have heard about API but I don't exactly if it's instant by using it or not.
For example, I would like to buy to Bitstamp and sell to Kraken.

Thank you ! Smiley
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:09:02 PM

Hello everybody,

My main problem is not the time to deposit fiat money, but the time to send bitcoin to the other exchange.
So my question is : how I can sell immediately btc I just bought, to the other exchange who offers a bigger price ?

Thank you ! Smiley

you still waiting for the confirmation and after your balance is show up into other exchange, then you can directly sell your bitcoin. i think its need too long for waiting the confirmation but you can try to fill your curiousity.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 01:34:09 PM

Hello everybody,

Thank you ! Smiley

you still waiting for the confirmation and after your balance is show up into other exchange, then you can directly sell your bitcoin. i think its need too long for waiting the confirmation but you can try to fill your curiousity.
Yes, you'd always have to take confirmations into account, but adding a higher fee (if that's even possible on exchanges) would confirm the transaction faster.

You could also look into buying an arbitrage bot, which would be more efficient in general.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:58:22 PM

there are a lot of problems with arbitrage trading and what you say here is only the tip of the iceberg.
the prices are usually at the same levels and even when there is a change, the gap which was created only lasts a very small time so you would need to act super fast or you will miss out and also this gap has to be big enough so it can cover all the fees and be still profitable.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 05:02:23 PM

For arbitage trading you need to hold both fiat and bitcoin in all the exchangers where you will be trading. And actually with API also you can't just sell bitcoin from one trading platform to another platform. But to automate the process or arbitrage trading there are several trading bots find best and trusted one which can meet your needs.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 05:49:49 PM

there are a lot of problems with arbitrage trading and what you say here is only the tip of the iceberg.
the prices are usually at the same levels and even when there is a change, the gap which was created only lasts a very small time so you would need to act super fast or you will miss out and also this gap has to be big enough so it can cover all the fees and be still profitable.
Arbitrage is certainly still possible, especially on days/weeks with a lot of volatility.
And you can just avoid most problems regarding being too slow if you use an arbitrage bot, like I've said in my previous post.

SAMKUSH

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:51:18 PM

You could just split your total balance between the two sites and when you buy on one site you also sell on the other, once you have done this you then transfer enough bitcoins over to the other account to make the balance equal again.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:46:46 PM

Hello everybody,

Thank you ! Smiley
currently difficult to find the margin between exchange rates. each exchange has almost the same price. and when arbitrating course, we must think about the cost of the fee be incurred. it will be difficult for those who only have very little capital.
betlord90

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:04:13 AM

I dont even try arbitrage because some said that its not good to use it he said to me that i can lose my mony using arbitrage. Its that true that posible to lose money using that. I hope i can try this one of this day.
Araudan (OP)

Activity: 332

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:30:38 AM

Arbitrage is certainly still possible, especially on days/weeks with a lot of volatility.
And you can just avoid most problems regarding being too slow if you use an arbitrage bot, like I've said in my previous post.

If I use an arbitrage bot using API, I'll still have to wait to receive my btc on the other exchange no ?
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 02:01:43 AM

Bitcoin arbitrage trading is tough, because you need to take into account all the fees, which might be a pain to program. Not only that, but the small margin opportunities you have will become negative after fees (ie 10$ more on site X, but site Y charges a 2% fee on purchasing). Maybe focus on arbitrage trading altcoins (made around 0.005BTC from arbing ~0.5BTC total on LTC), or try selling on localbitcoins (usually 20+ dollars over spot), and buy the BTC from an exchange when someone wants to buy.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 05:36:11 AM

Bitcoin arbitrage trading is tough, because you need to take into account all the fees, which might be a pain to program. Not only that, but the small margin opportunities you have will become negative after fees (ie 10$ more on site X, but site Y charges a 2% fee on purchasing). Maybe focus on arbitrage trading altcoins (made around 0.005BTC from arbing ~0.5BTC total on LTC), or try selling on localbitcoins (usually 20+ dollars over spot), and buy the BTC from an exchange when someone wants to buy.

That is right, you must factor the charges and fees. Remember that when you buy, there is a charges and when you transfer in another exchanges there is another charge, and finally when you sell its another charges. Its better to figure this out,so that you can minimize your losses.

Open for Campaigns
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 07:00:41 AM

That is right, you must factor the charges and fees. Remember that when you buy, there is a charges and when you transfer in another exchanges there is another charge, and finally when you sell its another charges. Its better to figure this out,so that you can minimize your losses.
So the arbitrage is not advisable right? Because as see they full of fee transaction. Maybe the better we so is stick into one place and wait that the bitcoin price also get high in that exchanger. Yes its better to figure it out because every cent is important.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 07:06:26 AM

So the arbitrage is not advisable right? Because as see they full of fee transaction. Maybe the better we so is stick into one place and wait that the  price also get high in that exchanger. Yes its better to figure it out because every cent is important.

It depends on the situation. If you check that there is a good difference to profit, why not. Upon checking then you can decide to arbitrage or not. You must also do quickly as maybe others are doing so, and you might end up at lower price when you transfer your coins.
yakdivine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 09:03:16 PM

Arbitrage trading is good when you are trading within bitcoin and litecoin or other altcoin. From my observation it take alot of speed for you to be profitable in arbitrage trading but the bank will always slow you down through conversion to fiat currency.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:48:49 AM

Arbitrary trading is best when you are trading it with a robot and not bitcoin with fiat but bitcoin with other altcoin. Arbitrary trader most time loss they capital because of lack of knowledge on how the exchange work. I didn't think currently you can succeed with arbitrary trading using fiat because of timing.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 07:24:14 AM

Arbitrary trading is best when you are trading it with a robot and not bitcoin with fiat but bitcoin with other altcoin. Arbitrary trader most time loss they capital because of lack of knowledge on how the exchange work. I didn't think currently you can succeed with arbitrary trading using fiat because of timing.

yes its good if you have balance in each of the market but if we only buy in bitstamp and then we send it to kraken, i think its wise to do this, because that btc amount can not always fast to completed the confirmation even if we use higher fee, because its depend with the blockchain network, its high traffic or not and many thing should be think, so watch out when you want to do arbitrage trading.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 07:51:39 AM

So the arbitrage is not advisable right? Because as see they full of fee transaction. Maybe the better we so is stick into one place and wait that the bitcoin price also get high in that exchanger. Yes its better to figure it out because every cent is important.
There are quite a number of exchanges out there and there rates do not respond to changes in market prices with same speed, so arbitrage opportunities can never be ruled out, only that a trader have to be properly equipped and ready to take action all too soon one is spotted, because these days exchanges deploy very powerful computers to check and offset arbitrage opportunities.

A good way to go about it, is by employing a smart bot and by having good enough funds sitting in one's account in as many exchanges as possible. Something worth giving a second thought here, is that leaving huge amounts in exchanges is not in the best interest of any trader.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 08:26:14 AM

There are quite a number of exchanges out there and there rates do not respond to changes in market prices with same speed, so arbitrage opportunities can never be ruled out, only that a trader have to be properly equipped and ready to take action all too soon one is spotted, because these days exchanges deploy very powerful computers to check and offset arbitrage opportunities.

A good way to go about it, is by employing a smart bot and by having good enough funds sitting in one's account in as many exchanges as possible. Something worth giving a second thought here, is that leaving huge amounts in exchanges is not in the best interest of any trader.

these opportunities are rare and also small. it is not your everyday incident that you can see a big difference between prices on different exchanges. if you want to make fast trades instead of opening up a position in the orderbook and wait for it to be filled, you need a big difference. and what happens is that usually among different exchanges that accept USD for example the difference is small but if you look at Chinese exchanges for example the difference is bigger but you cant trade there because of the fiat difference.

Only Bitcoin
kamikaza

Activity: 597

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:56:50 PM

Guys question, what is the best platform for trading bitcoin? and does someone know a place were i can exchange by btc directly to euro? thanks and marry xmass
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: