Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:28:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PPCoin Help  (Read 619 times)
chriswen (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:02:35 PM

So, I have some questions about ppcoin.

Why is the block generation 600?
Why is there 18 million coins generated?
So, I know there is 1% PoS inflation.  But, is coin base going to slow down anytime soon?  Any convergence?

Also, it says that PoS difficulty is 8.3.  What does that mean?
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 01:07:06 AM

So, I know there is 1% PoS inflation.  But, is coin base going to slow down anytime soon?  Any convergence?

I will give you a couple of quick answers as the exact answers can be found as they have been answered a number of times in this forum..

POW block coin base rewards are based on difficulty, the higher the difficulty the lower the block coin base rewards. Coin base value for POW blocks in PPC:   9999 / (difficulty ** 0.25)

POS blocks are a function of coin age  (stake) rather then hashing power. POS difficulty is much lower to accommodate that.

When the network first came live, all the blocks generated were POW blocks (as nobody had any stake yet..It takes 30 days for an unspent coin to start generating stake) with low difficulty  the coin base was in the thousands. 1000 difficulty = 1778.101 PPC coin base.

Hence why the amount of coins appears higher than what POS could do now that it is the dominant type of block in PPC.
Vince Torres

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:27:34 AM

I will give you a couple of quick answers as the exact answers can be found as they have been answered a number of times in this forum..

POW block coin base rewards are based on difficulty, the higher the difficulty the lower the block coin base rewards. Coin base value for POW blocks in PPC:   9999 / (difficulty ** 0.25)

POS blocks are a function of coin age  (stake) rather then hashing power. POS difficulty is much lower to accommodate that.

When the network first came live, all the blocks generated were POW blocks (as nobody had any stake yet..It takes 30 days for an unspent coin to start generating stake) with low difficulty  the coin base was in the thousands. 1000 difficulty = 1778.101 PPC coin base.

Hence why the amount of coins appears higher than what POS could do now that it is the dominant type of block in PPC.

ELI5 coin age/stake please.

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: