Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:43:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why no mass exodus from Mt Gox  (Read 3191 times)
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:46:29 AM

Anyone actually able to withdraw LR from BTCChina (I'm sold 1 coin there to test, but when I click withdraw nothing happens)?

I have a 950 yuan balance and am trying to withdraw 500.

You have to enter your trade password first, then click withdraw. Did you set up your trade password? It took me a couple times before I figured that out.

- aka The "DigiMan"
TheJuice (OP)

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:50:35 AM

Anyone actually able to withdraw LR from BTCChina (I'm sold 1 coin there to test, but when I click withdraw nothing happens)?

You have to enter your trade password first, then click withdraw. Did you set up your trade password? It took me a couple times before I figured that out.

I changed my trade password and tried again and it worked! Not sure what the issue was (i had used the old trade password to sell the btc)
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:52:54 AM

I left three weeks ago. Bitfloor has served me well.
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:54:48 AM

I changed my trade password and tried again and it worked! Not sure what the issue was (i had used the old trade password to sell the btc)

Sweet. I just checked my LR account. It has been 4 hrs and still no LR from BTC China. But it did say it could take a couple days. So not the arbitrage I was looking for. Sad

- aka The "DigiMan"
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:55:49 AM

I left three weeks ago. Bitfloor has served me well.
I keep hearing that. I am going to check them out as well as Bitstamp the next couple weeks.

- aka The "DigiMan"
TheJuice (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:57:55 AM

Sweet. I just checked my LR account. It has been 4 hrs and still no LR from BTC China. But it did say it could take a couple days. So not the arbitrage I was looking for. Sad

Yeah, was hoping to take advantage of the higher BTCChina prices. But with fees it looks like a cycle is ~14% or am I missing something. This happens to be exactly the price difference Smiley
Kárhozat

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:01:26 AM

Left for Bitfloor today.  Also have some btc on campbx in case i need a quick cash out (2 day usd withdrawal there).
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:01:42 AM

Yeah, was hoping to take advantage of the higher BTCChina prices. But with fees it looks like a cycle is ~14% or am I missing something. This happens to be exactly the price difference Smiley
BTC-China to LR = 6%

LR to Gox 4%

With a $30 spread like earlier today I had it pegged that for every 5 BTC I sold at BTC China I would make 6 BTC when I bought in again after 10% fees. So + 1 BTC Smiley... problem is the transfer from BTC-China to LR can screw you if it takes a couple days.

- aka The "DigiMan"
TheJuice (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:54:20 AM

BTC-China to LR = 6%

LR to Gox 4%

With a $30 spread like earlier today I had it pegged that for every 5 BTC I sold at BTC China I would make 6 BTC when I bought in again after 10% fees. So + 1 BTC Smiley... problem is the transfer from BTC-China to LR can screw you if it takes a couple days.

It's a bit more:

BTCChina trade: 0.3%
To LR: 6% to btcchina, 1% to LR
LR to gox: 5% (how'd you find 4?)
Buy at gox: 0.5%

12.8%

Right now it's 1 BTC yields 1.04. But with the delay it's not worth it.

Need to find a cheaper/faster way!
TheJuice (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:46:04 AM

Should've kept quiet. China nearing gox levels.
zarl

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:38:38 AM

BTC-e seems good, but i never tryed it
Think i will now.. But i not can transfer BTC out from Goxxx ;( Fuck
The BTC withdraw page is blank.

The fee look cheap on BTC-e

In order to pay for server space, bandwidth, programmers, designers, and other costs, BTC-e imposes a standard: FEE – 0.2% fee on every transaction performed by all users of the website. This transaction may vary and may be different for each individual account
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:39:40 AM

Should've kept quiet. China nearing gox levels.
BTCChina is a 169usd at the moment.
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:23:44 AM

I have a question to gox. If they know exponential fundamentals of bitcoin well, why the hell they didn't prepare having millions of monthly income?

I will not trade on gox until they have this shit. I loose money coz of this shit. And what should I answer for this Facebook fart?

"I excuse you?" "It's okay for few thousands bucks of non-taken profits" "Please continue, I like your lag very much".

The shit about NYSE and others having lags is shit! They are fighting for MICROSECONDS of order processing to satisfy traders demands. I don't ask microseconds, i ask at most few seconds - 1000s times bigger than in normal marketplace.

Until there isn't - fuck you with your excuses.
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 06:11:08 AM

95% of my trade volume is from automated scripts, which assume that an ask placed at the current highest bid, or a bid placed at the current highest ask, will execute within a couple minutes.

Such assumptions don't hold on secondary exchanges - the script needs to be rewritten to place standing orders instead of spot orders. That takes time and effort that I haven't yet coaxed myself into spending.

Looking forward to when I get the time, though. Bitfloor looks promising.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:26:18 AM

I think MtGox is still the only exchange that takes the fiat side of the business seriously. Everyone else is so small that they don't have to worry about things as much, and so they're more susceptible to being taken down by law enforcement / losing their money transfer access.

I'm all for competition, but the competition is not yet there.
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:28:59 AM

I'm not leaving Gox because they're battle tested. They've been forged in the heat of many hacks/hack attempts, so I know they're covering a lot more angles then these smaller up & coming exchanges. I'm sticking with experience until I see another exchange platform show and prove.

Elon Krusky
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:33:54 AM

I'm not leaving Gox because they're battle tested. They've been forged in the heat of many hacks/hack attempts, so I know they're covering a lot more angles then these smaller up & coming exchanges. I'm sticking with experience until I see another exchange platform show and prove.

Why not give some other exchanges a chance to prove themselves? There are others that handle the Fiat angle just as well, if not better.

more or less retired.
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:37:09 AM

I will, but I'm waiting for https://rtbtc.com/

Any other suggestions?

Elon Krusky
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708