Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 08:32:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW UTILITY FOR AMD GPU PRO SET FAN SPEEDS  (Read 1275 times)
HashLux (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:21:13 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2016, 11:38:22 PM by HashLux

Greetings to all of you,

I just uploaded the initial alpha version of my set fan speeds utility for AMDGPUPRO linux drivers. It's in bash script right now as i'm using bash script for prototyping. My next project will be much more complex and be in C++ but this is something some of you need to not burn up your GPU's.

Right now it defaults to putting all your GPU fans to 75% speed. Over the coming week or two I will add flags for adjusting the fans. You do need to run this as root or with the sudo command. If you open it up in a text editor(My favorite is vi) you can modify the default fan speed variable if you don't like 75% speeds for now. By the time it gets to beta it will run in the background and adjust your fans dynamically based on a temperature target. But i'm atleast a week away from having that release ready. I'll be adding features regularly until the completion of my prototype. I.E. Proof of concept. Once that's done i'll modify the syntax to c++ instead of bash for a full fledged daemon.

Enjoy Smiley

https://github.com/DominiLux/amdgpu-pro-fans

UPDATE:
The Utitility is now considered STABLE as of release 0.1.5.  The -s flag to set speeds through command line works perfectly.  It's been fully tested on Ubuntu 16.04 with all AMD Series Cards that support the AMDGPU-PRO driver.  I'll provie a new update as I add and merge new features to the master(stable) branch on github.
explekepek

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 07:00:54 AM

can i ask where can i order those? i think i need them for my mining pc. this might help to lower the temperature of my rig. do you have any suggestion apart from that? thanks in advance
HashLux (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 11:39:11 PM

Updated post #1 with information about stable release.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: